• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing Short Of Perfection

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Jesus was called a drunkard by several people because he partied with pharassees and prostitutes they called hima drunkard and glutton.. Glutton is listed as one of the deadly sins that sends you to hell lol. But I will get bible verses for all of it get ready.

You got one thing right—the Pharisees were always present when the prostitutes were present. So how do you feel they were justified in calling Him names?

Hear thou, my son, and be wise, and guide thine heart in the way. Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh: For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags. Proverbs 23:19

I found the one where they said the son of man cam drunkard and partying so Ill get it and I found bunch of stuff on not getting drunk.

Uh drunkenus is one of the deadly sins, your claim is the wine that was made back then was so weak it wasn't real wine and you couldn't get drunk on it. If that's true the bibles a liar, sense there are a bunch on drunkards.

But that wasn’t my argument. My argument was that we Jews have low-alcohol wine we use for religious festivals. An 8-year-old is often allowed to have Passover wine IN THE SAME AMOUNT as the adults do at a Passover seder. No drunkenness there.

I asked you if you could get high or drunk on communion wine from the little cup in church and you didn’t respond.

The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

The Bible is honest . . . and? It says THEY SAY Jesus is X and Y.

If you tell me someone on the street called you a horrible name, if you told me honestly what they called you, do you own that name?

Let your moderation be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
Philippians 4:5

Again, I don’t see where Jesus was immoderate. I see where there were “news reports” in the Bible that people called Jesus names—in fulfillment of prophecy:

“The reproaches of those who reproached you [God] fell on me [Messiah].”

You can see this prophecy as close as your nearest atheist, who shouts Jesus’s name aloud as a curse when they stub their toe! The Bible must be all true.

Riders, there are none above God in holiness, beauty or righteousness. People call God names all the time. We call such people “infidels” or “blasphemers” or “atheists”.

You are currently calling the Holy God a drunkard and a glutton. Why would you ever choose to do so?

Riders

But that wasn’t my argument. My argument was that we Jews have low-alcohol wine we use for religious festivals. An 8-year-old is often allowed to have Passover wine IN THE SAME AMOUNT as the adults do at a Passover seder. No drunkenness there.

I asked you if you could get high or drunk on communion wine from the little cup in church and you didn’t respond

That has nothing to with the bible,or anything Jesus wasn't at a religious festival when he was drunk. He ate and got drunk with pharasees and others at places where drunkenness was normal, not low alcohol drunkenness.

He was drunk.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That has nothing to with the bible,or anything Jesus wasn't at a religious festival when he was drunk. He ate and got drunk with pharasees and others at places where drunkenness was normal, not low alcohol drunkenness.
He was drunk.

What verse do you have in mind that Jesus was a drunk?
Jesus had high regard for John the Baptizer, but how did most people view John -> Matthew 11:16-17
Jesus makes clear at Matthew 11:18-19 that John came neither eating or drinking and people were saying that John had a demon, whereas Jesus did eat and drink and people said Jesus was a glutton and a wine-o.
John lived a simple life as a Nazarite- Numbers 6:2-3; Luke 1:15.
Jesus lived in a balanced way, but most people accused him of going to excess.
To me, accusations do Not mean that was literally so.
In other words, the difference between John and Jesus shows how impossible it is to satisfy the majority.
That is why Jesus likens the generation to children playing who refuse to respond - Matthew 11:16-19
" wisdom is proved righteous ( No by over indulging ) but proved righteous by works".
The extreme accusations against both John and Jesus are proven false by their works.
The people were so bad to the point that Jesus told them it will be more endurable for Sodom and Gomorrah than for those people - Matthew 11:24
Not drunkenness but ' refreshment ' is taught by Jesus' teachings - Matthew 11:28-30
Jesus offered refreshment to the people because they were burdened down with enslaving overly restrictive religious traditions of those corrupted Pharisees - Matthew 15:9
Jesus' 1st-century teachings refresh us because his teachings sets us free from what is religiously false.
What Jesus required was Not a heavy load nor burdensome - 1 John 5:3

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

He was drunk.

Riders, a Passover seder aka The Last Supper and the wedding at Cana ARE religious festivals.

Pharisees were not in evidence at the Last Supper or the wedding, either.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
What verse do you have in mind that Jesus was a drunk?
Jesus had high regard for John the Baptizer, but how did most people view John -> Matthew 11:16-17
Jesus makes clear at Matthew 11:18-19 that John came neither eating or drinking and people were saying that John had a demon, whereas Jesus did eat and drink and people said Jesus was a glutton and a wine-o.
John lived a simple life as a Nazarite- Numbers 6:2-3; Luke 1:15.
Jesus lived in a balanced way, but most people accused him of going to excess.
To me, accusations do Not mean that was literally so.
In other words, the difference between John and Jesus shows how impossible it is to satisfy the majority.
That is why Jesus likens the generation to children playing who refuse to respond - Matthew 11:16-19
" wisdom is proved righteous ( No by over indulging ) but proved righteous by works".
The extreme accusations against both John and Jesus are proven false by their works.
The people were so bad to the point that Jesus told them it will be more endurable for Sodom and Gomorrah than for those people - Matthew 11:24
Not drunkenness but ' refreshment ' is taught by Jesus' teachings - Matthew 11:28-30
Jesus offered refreshment to the people because they were burdened down with enslaving overly restrictive religious traditions of those corrupted Pharisees - Matthew 15:9
Jesus' 1st-century teachings refresh us because his teachings sets us free from what is religiously false.
What Jesus required was Not a heavy load nor burdensome - 1 John 5:3

Thank you for sharing this. To simplify, since wisdom is proved by deeds, we know of Jesus's morality since He rose from the dead!

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Thank you for sharing this. To simplify, since wisdom is proved by deeds, we know of Jesus's morality since He rose from the dead!

Yes, God resurrected Jesus out of the grave:
- Acts of the Apostles 3:15; Acts of the Apostles 5:30 A; Acts of the Apostles 13:30,37; Romans 10:9; Colossians 2:12
Thus, God granted Jesus immortality according to John 5:26
And immortal resurrected Jesus has the keys to unlock the grave for mankind - Revelation 1:18