• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing Short Of Perfection

Riders

The OP said Jesus is perfect,pure perfection. Sense the bible says jesus commited several sins I wonder how this is possible?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
The OP said Jesus is perfect,pure perfection. Sense the bible says jesus commited several sins I wonder how this is possible?

I'm the OP. The Bible record is explicit that Jesus committed no sin.

Jesus is God, morally perfect, able to substitute on the cross for us.

Riders

Jesus got angry turned over the money changer tables and disrupted a religious service by riding in on a donkey.He also got drunk several times. What about money, he knew that Judas was stealing money and he kept him with him. Theres questionable verses in new testament about how money was handled?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus got angry turned over the money changer tables and disrupted a religious service by riding in on a donkey.He also got drunk several times. What about money, he knew that Judas was stealing money and he kept him with him. Theres questionable verses in new testament about how money was handled?

By saying ' angry ' that can come across as if one is trying to say that ' Jesus' lost it ', whereas Jesus' anger was in righteous indignation because that ' anger ' was ' zeal ' as in 'zeal for God's house of worship' - Psalms 69:9
Jesus exposed that fraudulent profit-making business among the money changers - Matthew 21:12-13
Jesus' angry criticism was that the money changers were turning the temple in a cave of robbers, thus Jesus' zealous action was justified to clean out the holy temple.

\

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Please post what verses you have in mind saying Jesus' sinned, got drunk, over ate, etc.
Please notice Hebrews 4:15 B

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

1. Jesus turned the tables to fulfill the prophecy "Zeal for Thy House will consume me." The moneylenders were in the Temple courts ripping people off rather than giving fair monetary exchanges. Why in the Temple area? So the people had local coin for sacrifices. The moneylenders were profaning the religious practice, not Jesus. He was "cleaning up Dodge".

2. Where in the scriptures does it indicate Jesus drank unto drunkenness? Jesus drank the same wine I drink in Jewish religious practice. Small amounts of low-alcohol wine. Can you get drunk off a communion sip of wine?

3. Jesus knew Judas was doing wrong, yes. He kept Him nearby and kept witnessing faith to Judas. You and I sometimes have to make tough choices when we see someone in trouble. Turn them to the authorities? Witness faith to them? Your statement is like saying anyone who confesses wrongdoing to any priest, attorney or psychologist should be immediately turned into the law authorities. Are you accusing priests, attorneys and psychologists of great sin?

4. How come the Pharisees and Jewish leaders were unable to present these "sins" at Jesus's trial?

5. If we read whole books about your life and mine, would we find three arguable sins or more than three?

Riders

Overeating,Gluttony,? You don't read your bible do you? And by the way the bible also says anything you do do it in reason, don't over do anything.

Riders

1. Jesus turned the tables to fulfill the prophecy "Zeal for Thy House will consume me." The moneylenders were in the Temple courts ripping people off rather than giving fair monetary exchanges. Why in the Temple area? So the people had local coin for sacrifices. The moneylenders were profaning the religious practice, not Jesus. He was "cleaning up Dodge".

2. Where in the scriptures does it indicate Jesus drank unto drunkenness? Jesus drank the same wine I drink in Jewish religious practice. Small amounts of low-alcohol wine. Can you get drunk off a communion sip of wine?

3. Jesus knew Judas was doing wrong, yes. He kept Him nearby and kept witnessing faith to Judas. You and I sometimes have to make tough choices when we see someone in trouble. Turn them to the authorities? Witness faith to them? Your statement is like saying anyone who confesses wrongdoing to any priest, attorney or psychologist should be immediately turned into the law authorities. Are you accusing priests, attorneys and psychologists of great sin?

4. How come the Pharisees and Jewish leaders were unable to present these "sins" at Jesus's trial?

5. If we read whole books about your life and mine, would we find three arguable sins or more than three?

Riders

Billiards I will answer 1 2 and 5 1 the money changers I don't get your analogy he went crazy and started turning over tables and freaked out,its not ok. Its rage and rage is a sin.

The bible says in everything you do do it in reason,or maybe its balance that's not balanced or reasonable.

2. That's what alcoholics say about wine today. Your not suppose to be able to get drunk on cough medicine either but alcoholics do.

If its got even a tine bit of alcohol in it you can get drunk and they drank alot back then.

Riders

5. The bible says Jesus was perfect, that's what this thread is about says he was perfect, perfect means perfect it doesn't mean a few sins here and there.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Overeating,Gluttony,? You don't read your bible do you? And by the way the bible also says anything you do do it in reason, don't over do anything.

I've read the entire Bible. There are indications that it is unwise to overeat, overindulge:

1. Where in the Bible does it say overeating is a sin? (You'll need to post Chapter and Verse, as I can hardly post the entire Bible here to demonstrate you are mistaken.)

2. Where in the Bible does it say Jesus Christ overate or overindulged?

3. Where in the Bible does it say Jesus was enraged, with the moneylenders or anyone else? It says things like "He was distressed," or "He wept," or "He knew what was in their hearts [being omniscient]. . . "

4. Where does the Bible say "do everything in reason"? Where in the Bible does it say, "Don't be unbalanced" or "Don't be unreasonable"?

5. "They drank a lot back then" has nothing in common with the Passover seder, the ONLY occasion in the Bible where Jesus may have had anything to drink. He may not have even drunk as He passed the cup and told the disciples to drink! I participated in Passover seders from my youth on up. It is considered fine for an eight-year-old or less to have the several sips of Manischewitz needed to perform the Passover seder as a member of the congregation. Again, you are saying the equivalent of "Jesus was a drunkard because He had all the wine that is in one Communion sip in a Roman church." Jesus specifically addressed and rebuked the claims that He was a drunkard (Matthew 8, if memory serves).

Why is it so important that you and I sin but Jesus did not? Because He is the only way of salvation, the sinless substitute for our sin.

You don't doubt that humans are imperfect morally, do you? I ask because you are quick to tell me what Jesus has done but not revealing what you've done. Have you flown into a rage, gotten inebriated, been unbalanced, overindulged? I have. I recognize my need for Jesus Christ. What is your need?

Riders

Jesus was called a drunkard by several people because he partied with pharassees and prostitutes they called hima drunkard and glutton.. Glutton is listed as one of the deadly sins that sends you to hell lol. But I will get bible verses for all of it get ready.

Riders

Ok couldn't find the deadly sins but did find this and a bunch other gluttony scriptures and this is enough to say its wrong.

Hear thou, my son, and be wise, and guide thine heart in the way. Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh: For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags. Proverbs 23:19

I found the one where they said the son of man cam drunkard and partying so Ill get it and I found bunch of stuff on not getting drunk.

Uh drunkenus is one of the deadly sins, your claim is the wine that was made back then was so weak it wasn't real wine and you couldn't get drunk on it. If that's true the bibles a liar, sense there are a bunch on drunkards.

Riders

Matthew 11:19King James Version (KJV)

19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children

Riders

This is the 7 deadly sins according to the Catholic bible but its not from the other one.
This is from Wiki
The seven deadly sins, also known as the capital vices or cardinal sins, is a grouping and classification of vices of Christian origin.[1] Behaviors or habits are classified under this category if they directly give birth to other immoralities.[2] According to the standard list, they are pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, and sloth,[2] which are also contrary to the seven virtues. These sins are often thought to be abuses or excessive versions of one's natural faculties or passions (for example, gluttony abuses one's desire to eat).

This classification originated with the desert fathers, especially Evagrius Ponticus, who identified seven or eight evil thoughts or spirits that one needed to overcome.[3] Evagrius' pupil John Cassian, with his book The Institutes, brought the classification to Europe,[4] where it became fundamental to Catholic confessional practices as evident in penitential manuals, sermons like "The Parson's Tale" from Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, and artworks like Dante's Purgatory (where the penitents of Mount Purgatory are depicted as being grouped and penanced according to the worst capital sin they committed). The Church used the doctrine of the deadly sins in order to help people stop their inclination towards evil before dire consequences and misdeeds occur; the leader-teachers especially focused on pride (which is thought to be the one that severs

Riders

For being moderate and theres a few scriptures but iLl just put this one up.

Let your moderation be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
Philippians 4:5