• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NON-PEACEFUL religions

What are some non peaceful religions that are open for a person like myself?
I do not intend to insult anyone's religion or theology at all. But I don't believe in peace nor do I think man's natural state is peace. We have been creating war before love honestly. And learned to kill before we learned to read, write, build or speak. I do believe and know that as humans we are naturally destructive and should embrace it open heatedly. Killing is natural whether you like it or not and people ALWAYS admire it. From the gladiators matches back then to action movies today. We admire violence yet we say it is bad. More action and violence appears in cinema then anything else and we can't get enough of it. It has been so since the start of time. Stories of slaying monsters and dragons all inspire us.

So what is a religion that DOESN"T preach peace and allows things such as polytheism? I hear Hinduism is quite open but coming from a minor Hindu experience I am not liking it at all. Neo-Paganism came to mind but they are tree huggers mostly. So I am out of ideas regarding a religion for me.
I know this is weird to ask but my idea of life is simply Creation & Destruction which isn't far removed from some Dharmic concepts honestly. I do not think peace is the ultimate goal of life or our purpose on this planet. I am a hedonist and only accept Hedonism and Naturalism as the only spiritual and physical truth.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd be careful about stereotyping Neopagans as mostly tree-huggers. I mean, I'll be the first to define myself as a tree-hugging dirt-worshiper, but I also embrace reality for what it is (not sugar coat it with nonsense talk about "loving mother earth"). Pagan pantheons aren't all fluffy kittens and sparkling dewdrops. If you want a non-peaceful path, all you have to do is emphasize the gods that aren't particularly peaceful. Which frankly is most of them, in at least one of their aspects. The old gods are pretty multi-faceted. Dionysus for example can be a benignly revelrous party-god, but he also sure as bones can incite destructive madness just the same.

I'd be careful about stereotyping Neopagans as mostly tree-huggers. I mean, I'll be the first to define myself as a tree-hugging dirt-worshiper, but I also embrace reality for what it is (not sugar coat it with nonsense talk about "loving mother earth"). Pagan pantheons aren't all fluffy kittens and sparkling dewdrops. If you want a non-peaceful path, all you have to do is emphasize the gods that aren't particularly peaceful. Which frankly is most of them, in at least one of their aspects. The old gods are pretty multi-faceted. Dionysus for example can be a benignly revelrous party-god, but he also sure as bones can incite destructive madness just the same.

Didn't mean to offend brother :D . But most Neo Pagans ramble on and don't even know what on earth Paganism is. They just like the name. Goth have no idea that Goths are actually a bunch of Nordic barbarians who are Norway and Sweden now and have nothing to do with make up and "darkness". Same for NeoPagan who as a whole do not know Pagan is the name for the non Christian European religions that were native. They are clueless often that Europe once had religions other then Christianity. I am saying that Neo-pagans are ignorant on what Paganism is. I didn't use that to offend you or anyone. But it is good to see you are an actual pagan :highfive:

Might want to look into radical Antinatalism.

lol funny.
But I should clarify my belief. I basically belief some people are destined to create and the other destroy. I do not blame a person for finding harmony and nor do I blame a person for finding the opposite. As they say " Life and death are they two sides of the same coin". Being a sadist doesn't really allow me to find happiness in peace and tranquility.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Heheh... no, you didn't offend in the least. I just wanted to make a note about that. It's my understanding that when Neopaganism became more popularized in America, it took on the flavor of many of the social movements that were going on at the time, particularly feminism and environmentalism in the 60s and 70s. I can't speak as much to how things are in Europe as I don't live there, but there are definitely strong undercurrents of those two movements in the USA. At any rate, the term "Paganism" has so many definitions and nuances to it I'm not sure how I would personally evaluate someone's supposed ignorance about it. It's a complex topic.

Dingbat

Eh with Hitler as your avatar maybe you should take up the worship of a Death Metal Band or something?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Uhm... Intentionally destructive or unintentionally?

Intentionally I'd go with Antinatalism.

Unintentionally I'd go with Scientology.

shivadas

I try not to judge but if not for peace and happiness why would you want a religion?

Even if man's nature is strife then wouldn't it be the goal to achieve some peace...

anyway i guess the only non-peaceful religion i can think of is modern day Satanism like 'Joy of satan' and stuff like that..