• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No such thing as Reincarnation

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I never said they just instantly reincarnated, and honestly ?I do not know. I am speaking of the "eternal heaven". You are free to believe in heaven or hell that's fine. I honestly don't know if I do. my argument was only to bring up this one fact. It is easy to prove livings things exist it is VERY hard to prove heaven or hell exist. This if one believes in souls I see reincarnation as the "more logical" belief.

I think I might have confused you. I'm a pro-reincarnationist and I was gently criticizing your pro-reincarnationist argument. In other words I'm saying I think you're right but the argument you used wasn't a good one.

Enough said probably.

Luke Morningstar

Mourning Stalker
All of this hoo-ha-hee about reincarnation are scientifically and empirically false, as much of the so-called "evidence" is mainly through out-of-body experiences and such. This article refutes the idea of reincarnation.

My atoms who were once in stars, and who knows how many organisms in between, refute your dogmatic definition of reincarnation.

My psychology, in which habits and patterns and emotional responses have been copied down to me from several generations past asserts that past lives do have an effect.

My ability to imagine and dream and create the spiritual landscape that I need to survive, which may include reincarnation and out of body experiences, refutes your attempts to tell me to stop dreaming of things that don't exist.

Concepts are real. We don't have to like the same ones.

MrOmega

All of this hoo-ha-hee about reincarnation are scientifically and empirically false, as much of the so-called "evidence" is mainly through out-of-body experiences and such. This article refutes the idea of reincarnation.

Sure Sure, matter cannot be destroyed, yet a soul, which you had better believe you got, is perishable.

It is a tough one. I admit, however time moving in one direction and one direction only rather than what a true multi verse might look like with alternate realities, think that Schroders Cat thing, well...

Have some faith. Skepticism and Debunking is futile.

Galen.Iksnudnard

Honestly I don't think we can make a good evaluation about how valid reincarnation is.

A lot of people say that reincarnation isn't possible because more and more people keep coming into the world, but we have to remember that the Hindu/Buddhist way of thinking isn't like the Western one.

Most religions that posit reincarnation also suggest what we might call in the 21st century parallel universes, as well as a number of different heavens and hells. Some also suggest that there might be intelligent life on other planets within our own universe.

So it's entirely possible within Dharmic religions to live one life on a planet, then possibly be reborn on a completely different planet, in a completely different solar system, in a completely different galaxy, in a completely different universe.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I can understand why some people believe reincarnation to be possible, but I can't understand why some believe it to be impossible? To put it another way, some may feel that there's enough evidence to convince them that reincarnation is real, but how does one go about finding evidence that it doesn't exist?