• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No need to hate

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I do not support the parts where non belivers ae getiing slandered within some religious texts, And ofcourse i can not answer for every text ever written in every religious books, but my thought is that where there is evil writings within holy books, human hand and mind can have a cause for this. It might be that some human being has written this thing out of his/her own thoughs and not from what the teacher (God) actually did mean. But i can not prove that, so do not take this post as a solid evidence for why some words in holy books are like that. It is only my thought about it

It is said they were authored by a god so it's not possible for you to answer,if not authored by a god it must be by a human, if by a human then the rest of the religious texts may be authored by humans too which is where I'd put my money but that's only my thoughts about it.

Vee

Premium Member
Although We do not have same faith as another human being, does not mean that we should hate or dislike other people or their belief. The best way to live is to have peace of mind and free us from hatred toward other people or their beliefs.
Hatred never leads to anything good neither for ourselves nor others.

Beautiful though. I hope most people here agree with you.

Hatred stems from fear and fear is a great tool that has been used for thousands of years by evil people with a personal agenda. That's why, for example, for such a long time many white people believed dark skinned people were inferior and dangerous (many still do) and so when something bad happened the dark skinned people were blamed. Hitler used the same concept regarding the Jewish people and other minorities, and today migrants are being blamed for all sorts of horrible things. While people are being convinced to hate certain groups, they won't be looking the right way and figuring out the real roots of society's problems.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
"But it's not hate. We're doing this out of love." (huge sigh)
Who gets to decide what is or isn't hate?

Number one lesson I learned: "Thought, word and deed should be ONE"

So the act of "killing" another human starts with talking and/or thinking about it

There is only one major problem, and that is religions/humans "believing they are superior"
This thought is denigrating the other humans and belittle their belief = creating irritation/anger/hate
(Today in a sermon it was stressed how much influence "group-impact" has on individuals .. very true in this case also)

Hitler was the best example in Europe only 70 years ago; saying "Germans are the superior/supreme race"

Thinking you are superior "NEVER IS LOVE" ... Sadly the majority (I met) of the Christians/Muslims still think this way

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Number one lesson I learned: "Thought, word and deed should be ONE"

So the act of "killing" another human starts with talking and/or thinking about it

There is only one major problem, and that is religions/humans "believing they are superior"
This thought is denigrating the other humans and belittle their belief = creating irritation/anger/hate
(Today in a sermon it was stressed how much influence "group-impact" has on individuals .. very true in this case also)

Hitler was the best example in Europe only 70 years ago; saying "Germans are the superior/supreme race"

Thinking you are superior "NEVER IS LOVE" ... Sadly the majority (I met) of the Christians/Muslims still think this way

It goes back to Bambi's mother ( I could have gotten the character wrong) ... "If you can't say sumthin nice, then don't say nuthin at all."

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Do you believe in duality like love and hate or heaven and hell?
The two first you ask about i see as attachments in human life. Nirvana/paradise is possible to attain by enlightenment, Hell is not something i see as a permanent place where people get put if they do not do as a God want them to do.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Although We do not have same faith as another human being, does not mean that we should hate or dislike other people or their belief. The best way to live is to have peace of mind and free us from hatred toward other people or their beliefs.
Hatred never leads to anything good neither for ourselves nor others.
I have seen a man dressed in a black tunic
stand to a podium and microphone......and pronounce....

Islam is NOT a religion of peace

he got booed and hissed at

rightfully so

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I have seen a man dressed in a black tunic
stand to a podium and microphone......and pronounce....

Islam is NOT a religion of peace

he got booed and hissed at

rightfully so
Personally i have no problems with muslims or islam. But many see the Is as muslims, but they do not know anythig about true religious life or what the quran actually say. They are not muslims, they only use islam as a shield to do evil deeds

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Personally i have no problems with muslims or islam. But many see the Is as muslims, but they do not know anythig about true religious life or what the quran actually say. They are not muslims, they only use islam as a shield to do evil deeds
and I agree.....

but even when passive....
believers tend to nod their heads
just because someone insisted as a matter of faith

I don't believe in that way