• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No need to hate

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Instead of hate, then show them compassion and lead them toward no hate
I think hate is an emotion that we can feel without acting upon it. So yes, I agree we should show compassion and not act upon our hate. But not sure I’d condemn hate in itself.

What are your thoughts on contempt? Can we show contempt for a specific belief? How do you express profound disgust and disagreement for a particular belief without making the other person feel attacked? Our beliefs are important, integral aspects. It’s hard not to feel attacked if someone expresses their disagreement.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think hate is an emotion that we can feel without acting upon it. So yes, I agree we should show compassion and not act upon our hate. But not sure I’d condemn hate in itself.

What are your thoughts on contempt? Can we show contempt for a specific belief? How do you express profound disgust and disagreement for a particular belief without making the other person feel attacked? Our beliefs are important, integral aspects. It’s hard not to feel attacked if someone expresses their disagreement.
I can only speak for my self.
I have no contempt toward others belief (i had some of it years ago but not anymore)
if i want to know why theu belive what they do, i would as a question that let them explain what they belive. and i do not judge them.
But i can ask question with their view if it is rasistic