• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No manual

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Do you kinda get where I'm driving at in context?

Not saying silence isn't valued, just it is incorporated in body language and words. Kind of like when a person teaches and pauses to wait for students to process it. Silence becomes part of the lesson-a puzzle piece of it.

I'm not saying you're wrong or debating. Just wondering if you kinda get it from the other person's perspective. Abrahamic traditions aside since they have their own theology on words.

Yes, I think I get it. Comedians use silence as well. Lots of folks use 'blank' stares'. I had 'no talking' mornings at school. Always interesting days.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yes, I think I get it. Comedians use silence as well. Lots of folks use 'blank' stares'. I had 'no talking' mornings at school. Always interesting days.

That's different than words (words I mean usage of verbal or signing to convey and exchange messages rather than scripture in an abrahamic religious sense) used in spiritual context. I'm sure there's a difference between silence used doing a speech and silence in spiritual communication? (Same with words)

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Even if you happened to find it, I'd imagine you'd leave the rest of us in ignorance.

I’d share lol

Then again even if I did share you probably won’t believe it anyway

Then there is Rule 8 ;)

Regards Tony

A comment was made that If one found the Truth, that they would leave the rest in ignorance.

Then you offered that you would share it and most likely, no one would beleive it.

I then offered that Rule 8 would also prevent you from then demonstrating that proof in detail. You would have to offer, that what you offered, was your own opinion and not from a source of truth.

Regards Tony

King Phenomenon

A comment was made that If one found the Truth, that they would leave the rest in ignorance.

Then you offered that you would share it and most likely, no one would beleive it.

I then offered that Rule 8 would also prevent you from then demonstrating that proof in detail. You would have to offer, that what you offered, was your own opinion and not from a source of truth.

Regards Tony
Rule 8?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Still, a manual for putting your car back together if you're a 'do it yourself' kind of guy is incredibly useful. I couldn't do it without the manual. Of course some folks figure the manual also has hands and tools, and a brain to do it for you.
There are so many manuals around, like books on Yoga. Read them but do not take any to be God's own word. Many are just trash.
.. one can choose to meditate what is reported to come from God, ..
Reported, reported, reported. Where is the evidence? Where is the evidence of existence of God?
.. if you are going to share that greater truth, how would you tell me without words?
Of course, I will use words (as I am doing now), but to say that my words are from a God would be a lie.
The funny thing is is I don’t think the greater truth will ever be shared
Buddha did it, many Hindu saints did it, I am doing it here all the time without claiming that my words are from a God.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Then there is Rule 8 ;)

Regards Tony

Rule 8 has nothing to do with sharing ideas, beliefs, revelations, philosophies, etc. Rule 8 is about stating those ideas or beliefs as definitive matter of fact.

Let's not make this thread about criticizing forum policy or moderation. If one has a history of being moderated on Rule 8, it's because they either don't understand what I stated in the previous paragraph or they are simply willfully disregarding the rule.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Rule 8 has nothing to do with sharing ideas, beliefs, revelations, philosophies, etc. Rule 8 is about stating those ideas or beliefs as definitive matter of fact.

Let's not make this thread about criticizing forum policy or moderation. If one has a history of being moderated on Rule 8, it's because they either don't understand what I stated in the previous paragraph or they are simply willfully disregarding the rule.

Rule 8 is subjective.

Regards Tony

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
IMHO, if @Power Stone gives a hint, that should not be against rule 8. People have written tomes and tomes of books/messages from God/Allah and given them fancy names (tablets! I thought tablets pertained to medicine or Accadian cuniform records on clay tablets), and people quote them all the time. Fake tablets are sold by crooks as antiquities to gullible people.

Last edited: