• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No manual

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For me the mysteries of life and the answers were hidden and I had to search for them. They weren’t written anywhere that I’ve found. It’s probably a good thing though.

I see they are not hidden and have been left for us to pursue as the written word.

Such is the quandary of life.

Regards Tony

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I see they are not hidden and have been left for us to pursue as the written word.

The written word, in my experience, are someone else's revelation of the "mysteries of life."

There is something to be said about experiencing such revelations personally rather than simply reading about the experiences of another.

For me, written word merely validated experiences I have had. It didn't reveal to me any "mysteries."

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
The written word, in my experience, are someone else's revelation of the "mysteries of life."

There is something to be said about experiencing such revelations personally rather than simply reading about the experiences of another.

For me, written word merely validated experiences I have had. It didn't reveal to me any "mysteries."

There is no book for intuition, gut, 'from the depths of my soul' etc. Most eastern teachers, although they teach, also say, 'Don't believe me until you've discovered it for yourself' in one way or another.

Still, a manual for putting your car back together if you're a 'do it yourself' kind of guy is incredibly useful. I couldn't do it without the manual. Of course some folks figure the manual also has hands and tools, and a brain to do it for you.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I see the Written Word of God as far more creative, in fact I see it is a Cause of creation, as an example;

"Shoghi Effendi, in letters written on his behalf, has explained the significance of the “letters B and E”. They constitute the word “Be”, which, he states, “means the creative Power of God Who through His command causes all things to come into being” and “the power of the Manifestation of God, His great spiritual creative force”.

The imperative “Be” in the original Arabic is the word “kun”, consisting of the two letters “káf” and “nún”. They have been translated by Shoghi Effendi in the above manner. This word has been used in the Qur’án as God’s bidding calling creation into being."

We can see how the Spoken and Written Word shapes humanity, there is a power in speach that can create, or destroy.

This needs no explanation as an observation of world events indicate what is offered in words, does shape our world.

Thus is a massive subject and I can only offer that the written Word, that is reported as coming from God, has far more power than we mere mortals can fathom.

Regards Tony

King Phenomenon

I see the Written Word of God as far more creative, in fact I see it is a Cause of creation, as an example;

"Shoghi Effendi, in letters written on his behalf, has explained the significance of the “letters B and E”. They constitute the word “Be”, which, he states, “means the creative Power of God Who through His command causes all things to come into being” and “the power of the Manifestation of God, His great spiritual creative force”.

The imperative “Be” in the original Arabic is the word “kun”, consisting of the two letters “káf” and “nún”. They have been translated by Shoghi Effendi in the above manner. This word has been used in the Qur’án as God’s bidding calling creation into being."

We can see how the Spoken and Written Word shapes humanity, there is a power in speach that can create, or destroy.

This needs no explanation as an observation of world events indicate what is offered in words, does shape our world.

Thus is a massive subject and I can only offer that the written Word, that is reported as coming from God, has far more power than we mere mortals can fathom.

Regards Tony
I think the written word pales in comparison to the greater truth

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is no book for intuition, gut, 'from the depths of my soul' etc. Most eastern teachers, although they teach, also say, 'Don't believe me until you've discovered it for yourself' in one way or another.

Still, a manual for putting your car back together if you're a 'do it yourself' kind of guy is incredibly useful. I couldn't do it without the manual. Of course some folks figure the manual also has hands and tools, and a brain to do it for you.

A good thing to consider is that all thoughts come from Words.

Also, reading the word does not mean one does not have to think about what it says, in fact much meditation is needed.

The Key here is, that one can choose to meditate what is reported to come from God, or one can meditate on their own version of reality, which may or may not be inspired.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think the written word pales in comparison to the greater truth

I am not here to change you opinion.

I always consider, if you are going to share that greater truth, how would you tell me without words?

Living the Truth is the best way, but language has been gifted for a reason.

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Yeah but is what they’re being silent about the truth?
Good point. Some folks are silent as a gimmick, or because of ignorance. I don't know. You can't ask much of a sage who won't speak. I don't have the truth, That's for sure.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Actions speak louder than words, as they say. There is a ton of non-verbal communication in humanity. Eye contact, body language, touch, smiles. Words tend to get n the way of much of that.

I agree action does speak louder than words.

I see words can inspire that action.

Every Guru has a teacher and I see actions are just unspoken creative words being put into practice.

This is the greatest proof of a Manifestation of God, they first live the word they offer. Then the spoken word can move and motivate our own souls. I see all we are capable of without words, is a direct result of their Revelations.

Regards Tony