• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New to the forum, and Forums in General really

Toten

I've little experience with forums, really, except some short periods in gaming and political forums in the past.
Been thirsty to talk religion for a while, which is hard when you don't really know anyone to talk to.
Considered trying a forum for a while, decided to give it a try, hope everything works out, and looking forward to discussing stuff.

I consider myself a Pagan, mostly for lack of a better term. Pantheist doesn't really fit well, I don't find value in all objects. Non-Theistic Pagan or Atheistic Pagan might be better but I'd rather not delve into long/complex identities.
Asatru/Druidry/Heathen/Odinist, I see as mostly either modern/unhistorical terms or just not worth explaining what they mean to the ordinary person in response to simply "what religion are you".

I only really identify mostly with Germanic and Celtic traditions because that's pretty much all my heritage for the most part, and I know very very little about other European traditions in comparison (Greeks, Slavs, Balts, etc.).

Didn't really intend for such a big wall of text, hehe, but oh well. Looking forward to discussing things.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
Welcome! I was new to forums when I joined RF, too. We're a fun bunch, hope you like it here! :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

Be careful in this forum though.
Staff never tire of that old pull-my-finger joke.
But they do provide free food.
Join us!
th

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks..

Toten; Welcome to the crazy house my friend..lol.. :)

Youll prob find such labels arent even necassary here - we are all different on the Outside perhaps - but its the same Light shining within always ;)

oh and btw - thats NOT a "wall of text" - lol - mine are like the Great Wall of China - long long looonnnggg...........

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that as a layman History changes as I come to understand religions of different regions. Without that knowledge History seems to be mostly political and a paper doll made up of dates and events. Without that knowledge people do things my way or they appear nonsensical to me, spontaneous and ridiculous. It makes me into a stooge and easily deceived.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I go to a party school, we all have a drinking problem. Does that count? :D

Hmmm...maybe. Quick test:

True or False
Music isn't as good as it used to be...

Young people have it so easy...

I survived the Great Frubal Revolution...

@Sunstone really isn't THAT old...

Answer true to at least 3 of those, and add in your drinking, and you just might get a place on my team.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
Hmmm...maybe. Quick test:

True or False
Music isn't as good as it used to be...

Young people have it so easy...

I survived the Great Frubal Revolution...

@Sunstone really isn't THAT old...

Answer true to at least 3 of those, and add in your drinking, and you just might get a place on my team.
As a fan of Pink Floyd and the Greatful Dead, music has taken its hits. There's some good stuff today I'll admit but there's nothing like the winding guitar and experimental amps of the old school sounds.

My generation, the one before me, and the one coming up bellow me, have to be the most entitled, lazy, unappreciative, spoiled, and self righteous ones to date. When I was younger I resiststed getting a phone because I didn't want to fall victim to instant gratification and a digital social life (it was eventually forced on me, and I caved, but I tried), and I didn't want allowance either because I didn't want to get used to getting by for free. I learned to type on a type writer, took film pictures and played with the litttle black cases, learned to sew and repair broken things so I'd never have to "call the guy," and I was taught that every penny mattered. In the end I am a part of my generation and I do fall to the trends and habits, but there's a line, and my self-entitled predecessors, instantly gratified peers, and tech coddled successors take it too far sometimes.

Fine you got me on frubals.

Well considering someone told me way back when that he was 60-something, 59 isn't bad. He's younger than my dad who's almost 62, and I don't consider my dad an old man yet. More like late middle aged. But having older parents will do that to you.

I decided to go the serious answer rout for the hell of it. So, cigar or no cigar? :p

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
As a fan of Pink Floyd and the Greatful Dead, music has taken its hits. There's some good stuff today I'll admit but there's nothing like the winding guitar and experimental amps of the old school sounds.

My generation, the one before me, and the one coming up bellow me, have to be the most entitled, lazy, unappreciative, spoiled, and self righteous ones to date. When I was younger I resiststed getting a phone because I didn't want to fall victim to instant gratification and a digital social life (it was eventually forced on me, and I caved, but I tried), and I didn't want allowance either because I didn't want to get used to getting by for free. I learned to type on a type writer, took film pictures and played with the litttle black cases, learned to sew and repair broken things so I'd never have to "call the guy," and I was taught that every penny mattered. In the end I am a part of my generation and I do fall to the trends and habits, but there's a line, and my self-entitled predecessors, instantly gratified peers, and tech coddled successors take it too far sometimes.

Fine you got me on frubals.

Well considering someone told me way back when that he was 60-something, 59 isn't bad. He's younger than my dad who's almost 62, and I don't consider my dad an old man yet. More like late middle aged. But having older parents will do that to you.

I decided to go the serious answer rout for the hell of it. So, cigar or no cigar? :p
:smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking: