• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New religion?

Where Is God

Creator
I am sure someone has thought of his before I just want to know what the name of this religion is. I was pondering how everything living is intertwined. Think about it, a few hours before your mom and dad get their groove on, your dad eats a pineapple, are the nutrients from that pineapple not a part of you 9 months later? Let me know what you think.:rainbow1:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Such a belief might fairly be classified as some forms of Paganism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, or perhaps Deism, Pantheism or Panentheism, Citizen.

Available data are not enough to suggest further restrictions of scope. Independent confirmation requested. Additional data requested. Have a nice day.

Where Is God

Creator
Such a belief might fairly be classified as some forms of Paganism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, or perhaps Deism, Pantheism or Panentheism, Citizen.

Available data are not enough to suggest further restrictions of scope. Independent confirmation requested. Additional data requested. Have a nice day.

The example I gave, which will repeat when I have kids, along with when I die, my body(either cremated or buried) will supply the needs of life for new plants/animals while decomposing. Thus all living things are connected. I could go on but I need time to think.

Atman

Interesting concept, but actually fairly common sense if you bother to think about it.
The example I gave, which will repeat when I have kids, along with when I die, my body(either cremated or buried) will supply the needs of life for new plants/animals while decomposing. Thus all living things are connected. I could go on but I need time to think.
I've always wanted to be buried in the ground without a casket for this very reason. If I'm dead my body my as well serve as a source of nourishment for other living beings.

Erebus

But what I am saying is I would be like worshipping every living thing because they are the ultimate creators of life.

I'm going to go with Odion's suggestion of atheistic Paganism here. More specifically, nature worship. Some Pagans view the "gods" as simply metaphors for natural phenomena, there focus is instead on revering nature itself (sometimes including inanimate things, sometimes not).

Pantheism would also probably work for you. It's the universe that provides us with all we need to exist and therefore it's the universe that can be considered the closest thing to a god. God includes all elements within the universe therefore you, me and everything else be it living or dead is part of God.

If you haven't heard of him already, I think you would probably find Spinoza interesting :)

Last edited:

sirat

Salaam friend,

"Sitting in a sauna, bottled Avian with me, I think and drink and sweat then pee. Which molecules are me?"

Molecules have a half-life in a person, with most of them turn over every few years. Precious few stay a decade or longer. We are new creations being renewed at a very real level. Or, said a different way, you never step in the same river twice.

In this cyclic view it is interesting to consider air. It is possible to kill a man by simply shutting him in a box because he needs more connection to the world. This concept of breath is explored by many mystical practices.

The introductory post sort of religion can be called truth. Truth, al Haqq, is one of God's names. It is sort of like this: I don't know the farsi word for fire, but I know fire.

I could call it Baha'i as it is in the writings. I could call it Christian as the truth shall set you free. It is Islam as it is about struggle and submission. It is Native American. It is a Buddhist practice. And so on.

It is deeper than religions. It is closer to "Be" and it is; a fundamental word in the vocabulary of life.

It is vaguely sufi.

wa salaam,
sirat

It's not a new thing... even the Baha'i Faith has that philosophy embedded in its treatise with the natural world divided into the mineral realm, the vegetable realm, the animal realm and the human realm.

Waya

Waya
It is beyond the capacity of human knowledge to comprehend how our world evolved from breathless matter to this elaborate design that manufactured life and transformed a mindless organic centriole into a sentient being with the complexity to imagine the process that gave life to its existance.

Where Is God

Creator
It is beyond the capacity of human knowledge to comprehend how our world evolved from breathless matter to this elaborate design that manufactured life and transformed a mindless organic centriole into a sentient being with the complexity to imagine the process that gave life to its existance.

To me, how the world came to be is insignificant compared to the fact that it did and that we are here as living beings. Plants, animals, all connected as one. When I die, my body will provide nutrients for plants, and my essence will be carried on.