• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Poll: Majority of Europeans Polled in Ten Countries Would Support a Trump-Style Ban

Kirran

Premium Member
There's some resentment, but since it doesn't have a religious factor, I'm inclined to believe it's less than that expressed toward them by European conservatives and nationalists. It can vary, though; there are still very nasty, xenophobic individuals despite the similarity in religious beliefs.

I don't know if there are many South Sudanese immigrants - these would presumably come up against more problems, what with being a) Christian and b) black? I say the second only because I have heard there is substantial racism towards such dark-skinned people in that area of the world.

omega2xx

Religion or fundamentalism have nothing to do with immigration, since the new massive immigration we are witnessing in Europe doesn't come from Arab countries. European countries' duty is to defend human rights and to host all those people who escape from war, like Syrian refugees. And to host people who immigrate legally. That is something manageable.

Do you really believe the terrorist bombing in France and in Germany were done by illegals? Open boarders are line Obama's "gun free" zones. The give the enemy easy access to killing without being put into danger.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know if there are many South Sudanese immigrants - these would presumably come up against more problems, what with being a) Christian and b) black? I say the second only because I have heard there is substantial racism towards such dark-skinned people in that area of the world.

Christian, yes, by a lot of people, even against Egyptian Christians rather than only foreign ones. Black? I don't know enough about that to comment accurately.

Kirran

Premium Member
I guess everybody should have just surrendered to Hitler in the name of peace?

I don't think so, no.

Christian, yes, by a lot of people, even against Egyptian Christians rather than only foreign ones. Black? I don't know enough about that to comment accurately.

OK, figures.

Fair enough. Just what I have read and heard from people, but of course generalisation is to be taken with a pinch of salt. For example, I hear a term commonly used to refer to black people is Abd, meaning slave.

omega2xx

Tourist visas.

With proper vetting. Do you really think terrorist wont try to get a tourist visa.

Well if it's like that as it is anyway, why is tightening required?

The tighter it is the more secure our country is.

Oh yeah? Mine doesn't

Thankfully your view did not win the poll.

You can put this in your sig if you like.

The comments in sigs are like chewing gum. Eventually the good is gone. I am going to try and have a different one every day.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
What does surrendering to Hitler have to do with accepting refugees?

The best place for the refugees is their home. Their is no excuse why a superpower has to give in to ISIS, except that the whole thing is social engineering project. The refugees are being scattered all over the world either seeding Islam or melting it.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
I don't think so, no.

OK, figures.

Fair enough. Just what I have read and heard from people, but of course generalisation is to be taken with a pinch of salt. For example, I hear a term commonly used to refer to black people is Abd, meaning slave.

So peace is not always the right answer?

Kirran

Premium Member
@omega2xx - can you sort the quotes out? It's not hard, you need to put a close-quote after my first comment, and remove the one at the end of the message.

The best place for the refugees is their home. Their is no excuse why a superpower has to give in to ISIS, except that the whole thing is social engineering project. The refugees are being scattered all over the world either seeding Islam or melting it.

The best place for refugees is where they're safe.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Do you really believe the terrorist bombing in France and in Germany were done by illegals? Open boarders are line Obama's "gun free" zones. The give the enemy easy access to killing without being put into danger.
My discourse was meant to underline that we cannot target an entire religion or all Arab nations for terrorist attacks, since there are lots of Arabs living in Europe who are very good people.
The truth is that before Obama became president, the Mediterranean area wasn't in turmoil; and so, it's sad to witness that certain decisions taken in the US affect the Mediterranean area negatively and inexorably. And we Europeans, not Americans, pay the consequences. So I don't really care what Trump does...since Obama has already done enough.
To be fair I think most of these can be traced to western imperialism.
Western imperialism which is not over yet. Given that Western countries favor the exploitation of African resources, instead of helping those countries to improve their economy.

Last edited:

Kirran

Premium Member
My discourse was meant to underline that we cannot target an entire religion or all Arab nations for terrorist attacks, since there are lots of Arabs living in Europe who are very good people.
The truth is that before Obama became president, the Mediterranean area wasn't in turmoil; and so, it's sad to witness that certain decisions taken in the US affect the Mediterranean area negatively and inexorably. And we Europeans, not Americans, pay the consequences. So I don't really care what Trump does...since Obama has already done enough.

The people of West Asia and North Africa are the ones paying the consequences, really. It's not a matter of 'which white-people-countries are hurt by the fact that many societies throughout this area have collapsed into civil war and widespread famine'.

Also, I don't think we can blame Obama for all this. For starters, he's one man in government, and also the problems in the area at present have roots going back further than 2008.

Laika

Premium Member
According to a recent poll, a majority of Europeans polled in a total of ten countries would support a ban on immigration from Muslim-majority countries similar to the ban issued by Trump:

Source: 'Sobering' poll finds majority in leading EU nations would back Trump-style travel ban

What are your thoughts?

Islamic Terrorism kills less people than bathtubs. So I'm sure that in the name of national security everyone will join me in supporting a ban on rubber ducks. 'cause thats the level of sanity we are talking about here.

New York Times: Bathtubs More Dangerous Than Terrorism

I mean, coming over here, floating in our water, looking at us funny whilst we are naked, waiting for us to slip and fall before they begin their evil quacking at out demise! They are dangerous masterminds trying to bring down western civilisation! The rubber ducky menace must be stopped before it is too late! :eek:

1408637493889_wps_7_A_giant_inflatable_rubber.jpg

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
The war on terrorism is just an excuse by the western powers to not take responsibility for the mess they created in the Middle East, Libya and Afghanistan, and they are now poised to start bombing Iran, when will it end??? When will they learn??

omega2xx

The middle east has been in turmoil since Israel was givn their nation back.

The only thing Obama did was throw Israel under the bus. He was/is much more sympathetic to Muslims than he is to Jews.

“Whatever their bodies do affects their souls. It is funny how mortals always picture us as putting things into their minds: in reality our best work is done by keeping things out...”
C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

Jumi

To bad the majority of Europeans didn't vote to not invade Iraq and Afghanistan in the first place, then we might not be having this discussion.
You are remaking history. How many European countries do you think invaded Iraq and Afghanistan, and how many opposed the invasions? Including protests by European countries at the UN from France, Germany, Sweden, Austria and Greece. Majority of European citizens were against it, and that's why so few countries supported it.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
From the OP:

I think Muslims need to reform Islam - pronto.

Regardless of our collective history, Islam is a regressive ideology and it simply doesn't play well with others.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Islamic Terrorism kills less people than bathtubs

Is this discussion really about terrorism? I don't think so. I think it's about regressive values clashing with modern values.

Kirran

Premium Member
Is this discussion really about terrorism? I don't think so. I think it's about regressive values clashing with modern values.

While we may well disagree on many issues, I respect your separation of these issues. Both of which are, of course, real issues.