• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

questfortruth

A skeptic says: ``Bible is a fairytale for children.'' I would reply: our life is a fairytale, because contains logical contradictions, named by me as illusions. Life is not an illusion but contains ones. The illusive distortions are found not only in our perception of nature but in nature itself; for example, an electron is a particle and a wave at the same time. I am talking about Aristotle's definition of logic, not quantum logic.

God and creatures with free will are the writers of our life story (fairytale).
There can not be a book without writers: God is proven now.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
A skeptic says: ``Bible is a fairytale for children.'' I would reply: our life is a fairytale, because contains logical contradictions, named by me as illusions. Life is not an illusion but contains ones. The illusive distortions are found not only in our perception of nature but in nature itself; for example, an electron is a particle and a wave at the same time. I am talking about Aristotle's definition of logic, not quantum logic.

I was thinking you were talking about this.
f68f01fe9e9006a513ea188967dade73-320-80.jpg

Can we look into the mirror and be comfortable with seeing our true selves?

Who are we?

OIP (6).jpg

Maybe its our inner child?

The bible is certainly not a fairytale for children. I never heard a skeptic say that, though. Fairytales are usually good. The bible has a lot of bad stuff in it. That, and blood sacrifices and crucifixions aren't quite what they associate with fairytales.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

You call that a proof?
That's not a proof.
This is a proof...
Rd15b322de07fd7fa8bbc605ff576698f

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

It's a rare talent to take an analogy, and then halfway through using it, start suggesting it's a material and literal thing.
Life is like a box of chocolates. Therefore we should eat people. They'll no doubt be delicious, and they come in so many flavours.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Therefore we should eat people. They'll no doubt be delicious, and they come in so many flavours.

But some of them must be the equivalent of coffee creams, and thus taste like **** and make you angry when you take one of them by accident cos you couldn't be bothered to read the little menu card thing as reading that is for the feeble minded and you, being a titan amongst men, trusted your powers orf deductive reasoning to be able to detect what 'looks like' a coffee cream and avoid it but you didn't and now you are sad.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A skeptic says: ``Bible is a fairytale for children.''

A skeptic says that nothing should be believed without sufficient evidentiary support, and then, only to the degrees that the quantity and quality of available evidence support.

Regarding the Bible, he makes no claims about what it is, just that he doesn't have a reason to believe that it is a message from a deity. He doesn't say it isn't, just that there's insufficient evidence of that to believe it.

All you've proven with a book is that it was written, not that God wrote it.

Proof is that which convinces, which changes minds. If someone says to you that he can do 60 pushups in a minute, you might not believe him. If he does it, he has proved to you that he could. And he changed your mind. It's that simple.

Who do you think you proved it to? Probably nobody. You and other theists already believe that, and I doubt any skeptic had his mind changed. Claiming you proved something when you changed no minds is like a comedian claiming he was hilarious when nobody laughed.

Incidentally, proving something to another doesn't mean that what was proved was true, just that somebody was convinced it was.

You call that a proof?
That's not a proof.
This is a proof...
Rd15b322de07fd7fa8bbc605ff576698f

This is a specious argument. There is an error in the algebra in the fourth step, where you divide by A-B, which is zero if A=B.

But yes, if this convinced somebody that 2=1, however invalid the argument, then it constitutes proof for that person. My point, and not to you, is that proof still has an element of subjectivity to it, and it is a cooperative effort. Proving should have an indirect object after the verb. Proved to whom?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is a specious argument. There is an error in the algebra in the fourth step, where you divide by A-B, which is zero if A=B.

But yes, if this convinced somebody that 2=1, then it constitutes proof for that person even though what was proved was incorrect.
You're smarter than I look!!

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It's a rare talent to take an analogy, and then halfway through using it, start suggesting it's a material and literal thing.
Should we eat people :confused:
If life is like a chocolate, that means that God is the pastry chef :eek: Ahhh so thats why we at summer say "oh God i am melting" :confused::oops:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Should we eat people :confused:
If life is like a chocolate, that means that God is the pastry chef :eek: Ahhh so thats why we at summer say "oh God i am melting" :confused::oops:

And fight holy wars between the dark chocolate lovers, the milk chocolate lovers and there heretical white "chocolate" lovers.

And then we have the pure and plain chocolate versus the ginger chocolate versus all the rest.

23nzsq.jpg

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
And fight holy wars between the dark chocolate lovers, the milk chocolate lovers and there heretical white "chocolate" lovers.

And then we have the pure and plain chocolate versus the ginger chocolate versus all the rest.

23nzsq.jpg
How the heck do i reply to that:confused::D I laughing so hard i almost pee my self :D

Altfish

Veteran Member

Do skeptics really say ``Bible is a fairy tale for children.'' - I've never heard that said before.So are you setting up a straw man?

Skeptics tend to say The Bible is a book written by dessert dwelling nomads, who didn't understand the world.