• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Near death experiences:christian?

Axe Elf

Prophet
The question doesn't even make sense. Experiences do not have a religion.

Persons of any faith may come close to dying and not die, however.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Are near death experiences christian?I am not sure.What does the bible say about stuff like this?:)

Do near death experiences reflect what is written in the Bible? (Ecclesiastes 9:5; 10) There is no consciousness in death. There is no conscious part of us that leaves the body at death.

Since people of all faiths experience them, mostly in accord with their own beliefs, it seems to me that it is something that takes place in the mind of the one experiencing it. That makes it an internal experience, not an external one.

Remember that it is called a "near death" experience....not an "after death" experience. Medical science relates that a brain deprived of oxygen releases powerful chemicals that can alter perceptions.

Anyone who has experienced "delusions" (as opposed to hallucinations) will understand the power of the mind to alter reality.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Are near death experiences christian?I am not sure.What does the bible say about stuff like this?:)

The Bible is silent about ' near-death experiences ' because that is a fabrication of the mind, even atheists have.
I find in death there is No knowledge, No thoughts at all as per Ecclesiastes 9:5.
That is why Jesus taught 'Not near death' but 'at' death there is nothing but 'sleep' as per John 11:11-14.
Jesus was well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures which also teach ' sleep in death '.
- For example: Psalms 6:5; Psalms 13:3; Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4.