• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NASA scientists say EM drive works...without fuel...

David1967

Premium Member

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I enjoy this video on this drive, because it is a skeptic discussing the Thermodynamic aspect. He says if the EM Drive breaks the laws of Physics then he promises to eat his hat.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I say we should just feed @Quetzal some spice, & let him fold space for us.
Fold space, you say? Like this?
ORIGAMI.IN_.SPACE_.plate_.png

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Just followed the link to the journal article...while I only in general get the engineering type-stuff, the design of the experiment does preclude what seems to me to be the most obvious sources of error, although they do note a couple of things that would require a larger or more extensive setup to effectively eliminate (such as waste heat)(hey, that's a funny--they could eliminate waste heat as an error by more effectively eliminating waste heat...:D).

As a practical system, 1 microNewton thrust per kilowatt means quite a bit of electricity would be needed...but then, they report that this system is about two orders of magnitude (~100 times) more thrust than solar sails and laser systems...It might not be a good system for getting to orbit, but once there, it would have pretty good performance compared to other systems...given a sufficient power source...