• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nancy Pelosi. You need to read it first, in order to see what's in it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That is not a trait that only Pelosi has. Many people believe that "it's in the Bible" when it is not and deny that there are verses n the Bible that clearly do exist.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Wasn't Trump recently reviled for refusing to sign some budget
thingie because when he read it, something he wanted was missing?
He was likely told by an aide what was in it, which is not that unusual politically speaking. Politicians are busy and bills have a lot of legalese they rely on aides to break down into bite sized pieces, or else they'd get buried in thousands of pages of documents per month.

What's more worrying about Trump is how often his Twitter and public statements reflect that he regularly changes his view based on right wing punditry, rather than his own understanding of governing. He doesn't just not read but clearly doesn't understand what is put in front of him.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He was likely told by an aide what was in it, which is not that unusual politically speaking. Politicians are busy and bills have a lot of legalese they rely on aides to break down into bite sized pieces, or else they'd get buried in thousands of pages of documents per month.

What's more worrying about Trump is how often his Twitter and public statements reflect that he regularly changes his view based on right wing punditry, rather than his own understanding of governing. He doesn't just not read but clearly doesn't understand what is put in front of him.
And to think that despite his abject illiteracy,
your Hillary still wasn't smart enuf to beat him.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that had more to do with the 'smarts' of his voter base.

Or an out of date policy made to help slave owners make their votes count for more than one person, one vote, which we kept for some reason. Probably more that first one though.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, I kdo agree that Hillary supporters tended to
be rather unaware (with intentions to stay that way).
We just doing PeeWee comedy now?

Yes, they were unaware of how jaded and myopic the American public got, so that corruption, racism, sexism, trans discrimination wouldn't be a deal breaker compared to casual sexism 'she seems hawkish.'

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
More like the voters were not smart enough to understand how much better she was, uh?

Rely on my compassion towards Trump supporters at your own peril.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
More like the voters were not smart enough to understand how much better she was, uh?
I've been relatively kind by not pointing out stupid,
myopic, sexist, & corrupt her war mongering fans were.
And I'll continue being that kind. Because I care.

suncowiam

The poor woman is chronic.

Didn't read the health-care bill. "You have to pass it , in order to see what's in it".

Didn't read the Bible. "You have to read it first in order to find what's in it"

Nancy Pelosi Keeps Quoting Her Favorite Bible Verse. The Mystery: It’s Not Actually in the Bible.

I see why the Democrats like her so much that they made her Speaker of the House!

She'll probably rubber-stamp anything they place in front of her. She won't read it, she doesn't read anything.

Just like you have to repeal it first before defining the new bill?

Both sides are part of the same coin.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Another point is that trump lies and lies and spouts of nonsense that he believes but which is false and the right says "fine fine". But let someone on the left do it EVEN ONCE and SHOCK, HORROR, WOE and ALAS. How about applying the same standard to one of your own.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I've been relatively kind by not pointing out stupid,
myopic, sexist, & corrupt her war mongering fans were.
And I'll continue being that kind. Because I care.

That is good. Not necessarily relevant or detectable, but good.