• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Naked bodies sexual or nah?

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
So Miley Cyrus on Instagram posted a nude photo (censored) of her hold her cat. In which she says on the photo that we should not sexualize the naked body, and that sometimes a naked body is just a body, and there is nothing sexual about it. I can understand not sexualizing everything, and I am ok with that. But my only question to her, or anyone else is. If we are not to sexualize a naked person body what are we to sexualize?

Seems to me the naked body should at the very least be the only thing sexualized. Your thoughts and comments are appreciated.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
So Miley Cyrus on Instagram posted a nude photo (censored) of her hold her cat. In which she says on the photo that we should not sexualize the naked body, and that sometimes a naked body is just a body, and there is nothing sexual about it. I can understand not sexualizing everything, and I am ok with that. But my only question to her, or anyone else is. If we are not to sexualize a naked person body what are we to sexualize?

Seems to me the naked body should at the very least be the only thing sexualized. Your thoughts and comments are appreciated.

I'm an artist and the human body, male or female is one of the most exquisite forms there is.

Sexuality is in the eye of the beholder.

David T

Premium Member
Adele should never ever post naked pictures so I find miley completely dishonest. When she gets older I am sure we are all going to tell her stop already, till then I say keep up the crusade!!!!
download (8).jpg

Rational Agnostic

Certainly not always sexual. After all, every other animal species goes around naked all the time, and yet they only have sex a small percentage of the time, usually less often than humans.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Certainly not always sexual. After all, every other animal species goes around naked all the time, and yet they only have sex a small percentage of the time, usually less often than humans.

True. Are we not concerned with desensitization though? The more nude bodies people see the less sexualized nude bodies will become. Which is the goal for people who do not want all nude bodies sexualized. But I would wage the majority of civilized human population view a naked body as sexual, and desensitizing them, might have unpredictable adverse effects. At least that is my opinion.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
True. Are we not concerned with desensitization though? The more nude bodies people see the less sexualized nude bodies will become. Which is the goal for people who do not want all nude bodies sexualized. But I would wage the majority of civilized human population view a naked body as sexual, and desensitizing them, might have unpredictable adverse effects. At least that is my opinion.
I'm pretty sure our ancestors started out in a tribal culture where nudity really wasn't any type of an issue and grew up as normal happy healthy people. Europeans came put clothes on them and they were worse off than before.

It kind of leads me to one of my favorite Samuel Clemens quotes;

"Naked people have little or no influence in society".

BSM1

What? Me worry?

I think it's a matter of proximity.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
IMO, nude does not equal sexual, whether male or female. However, I can think of few things more wonderful than that as humans "we are so good at finding pleasure, as to what we are, and how we fit together," to quote Jon Anderson's line (at least I think that's the lyrics...). I'm sure not everyone will agree, of course...:p:cool:

Skwim

Veteran Member
Why'd you misquote? I didn't create the thread.
Ha! Ha! Now this is something new. I have a couple of people on "ignore," one of whom must be the author of the thread. Subsequently, your post #2 shows up at the top of the thread, which I mistook as the OP and slipped the thread title into your post. My mistake, :hushed: but if I may, I'd like to leave it as is to put the cartoon in context.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Why'd you misquote? I didn't create the thread.

I was gonna say Skwim must have me on ignore, but he admitted to it already. So it is what it is. It's a shame though. I disagree with you, Mister Silver and others, quite often but I still like to see what you have to say. Oh well life continues on! Back to topic at hand, naked writhing sexy hot bodz! (Or not)

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Sexuality and nudity are only vaguely correlated. I can be incredibly turned on by someone who is fully clothed and not turned on at all by someone who is nude. I've had sex while wearing clothing and have been completely NOT interested in sex while nude.

So, no, I don't see a nude figure as being sexual by default. In fact, I consider it one of the signs of a sick society that the two are so often confused.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Sexuality and nudity are only vaguely correlated. I can be incredibly turned on by someone who is fully clothed and not turned on at all by someone who is nude. I've had sex while wearing clothing and have been completely NOT interested in sex while nude.

So, no, I don't see a nude figure as being sexual by default. In fact, I consider it one of the signs of a sick society that the two are so often confused.

I agree to some extent. A person (woman in my case) dressed provocatively in a lingerie is way sexier than nude more times than not. It's leaves something to the imagination, which can be quite powerful!