• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My unconventional mind

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Meditation talk to yourself

Spiritual grounding

Buried emotions?

Grounding meditation

Psychic grounding entities - not a lot ...

Meditation grounding chakras

Healing root chakra - esp lonerwolf!!!

Well being skills - several?

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Huge site! -

Emotional Skills Articles -

Nothing about kindness???

But this under generosity -

But there is another view of love that deserves to be explored if we are to improve upon our often marked inability to sustain long-term relationships – a philosophy of love that hinges upon a quality rarely mentioned in the context of couples, namely, generosity. In this view, to love someone means not just or primarily to experience admiration in the face of perfection, but a capacity to be uncommonly generous towards a fellow human especially at moments when they may be less than straightforwardly appealing. Love is here taken to be not a thrill in the face of accomplishment but a distinctive skill founded on the ability to see beyond a partner’s often off-putting outer dimensions, an energy to enter imaginatively into their experiences and bestow an ongoing degree of forgiveness and kindness in spite of trickiness and confusion. To love is, in this uncommon sense, above all else, to know how to be generous.

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
We imagine that we could not live without a certain kind of income or status or health; that it would be a disaster not to have a certain kind of relationship, house or job. This natural tendency of the mind is constantly stoked by life in commercial society, which adds to our sense of the number of things that should be considered Necessities rather than Luxuries. This kind of society goes to extraordinary lengths to get us to feel that we really do need to go skiing once a year, to have heated car seats, to fly in Business, to own the same kind of watch as a famous conductor and a jumbo-sized fridge, and to lay claim to lots of friends, perfectly muscular health and a loving, kind, sex-filled relationship.

On Resilience -

Looks one huge site!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
quote-the-important-thing-is-not-to-stop-questioning-curiosity-has-its-own-reason-for-existing-albert-einstein-45-53-71.jpg

TOP 25 CURIOSITY QUOTES (of 1000) | A-Z Quotes

janesix

Greetings to whoever was curious enough to click on this journal of mine

I have been writing a LOT lately and figured I may as well share some of it with you good folk here at the forum ...

Anyway, here is a little sample - let me know if you want more (or less)

The book you are currently reading has taken at least 37-years to write.

That is how long I have lived with a diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia.

Those 37 years have been phenomenal - sometimes utterly wonderful and other times horrible beyond description. It is astonishing that I still have most of my marbles :)

To give you some idea of the evolution of this book - here are a few titles that I have toyed with over the years –

As we all know – a catchy title can make all the difference when people are browsing for books to read …

"The sad truth about the human race"

“Does anyone currently living on this planet actually have a clue?”

"Playing with madness"

"A Beginner's guide to reality"

“Love is a four-letter word!”

"Living with a profound sense of wonder & curiosity & gratitude"

“No! No! No! That’s NOT the way. That’s not the WAY!”

"Sometimes you just have to laugh!"

"Imaginary conversations"

"How to stop your ego from sabotaging your happiness"

“Love yourself with your imperfections so you can love other people with their imperfections”

"Schizophrenia: The most misunderstood phenomenon in the entire universe!"

"How to be RIDICULOUSLY happy!"

"Step-by-step guide to a completely spontaneous mind"

"Celebrate your uniqueness"

"Start your own cult and help save the world"

"The super easy quick foolproof guaranteed way to a happier life"

“”Be kind & gentle & patient with yourself … and with everybody else”

"How to transform your anger into compassion"

“One hundred easy ways to obey the extra moments of your life”

“Stop trusting your thoughts!” - Google it! – a few ..

“There’s someone in my head but it’s not me!”

As a special bonus for reading this far ... try this thread -

Click here for happiness!

Enjoy your evening!

Interestingly enough, my "crazy" started at age 37.