• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My unconventional mind

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings to whoever was curious enough to click on this journal of mine

I have been writing a LOT lately and figured I may as well share some of it with you good folk here at the forum ...

Anyway, here is a little sample - let me know if you want more (or less)

The book you are currently reading has taken at least 37-years to write.

That is how long I have lived with a diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia.

Those 37 years have been phenomenal - sometimes utterly wonderful and other times horrible beyond description. It is astonishing that I still have most of my marbles :)

To give you some idea of the evolution of this book - here are a few titles that I have toyed with over the years –

As we all know – a catchy title can make all the difference when people are browsing for books to read …

"The sad truth about the human race"

“Does anyone currently living on this planet actually have a clue?”

"Playing with madness"

"A Beginner's guide to reality"

“Love is a four-letter word!”

"Living with a profound sense of wonder & curiosity & gratitude"

“No! No! No! That’s NOT the way. That’s not the WAY!”

"Sometimes you just have to laugh!"

"Imaginary conversations"

"How to stop your ego from sabotaging your happiness"

“Love yourself with your imperfections so you can love other people with their imperfections”

"Schizophrenia: The most misunderstood phenomenon in the entire universe!"

"How to be RIDICULOUSLY happy!"

"Step-by-step guide to a completely spontaneous mind"

"Celebrate your uniqueness"

"Start your own cult and help save the world"

"The super easy quick foolproof guaranteed way to a happier life"

“”Be kind & gentle & patient with yourself … and with everybody else”

"How to transform your anger into compassion"

“One hundred easy ways to obey the extra moments of your life”

“Stop trusting your thoughts!” - Google it! – a few ..

“There’s someone in my head but it’s not me!”

As a special bonus for reading this far ... try this thread -

Click here for happiness!

Enjoy your evening!

:)

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The ones I like best for your book are:
  • A Beginner's guide to reality
  • Step-by-step guide to a completely spontaneous mind
  • Stop trusting your thoughts!
Oddly....I also mistakenly thought one of the titles was The Book You Are Currently Reading Has Taken At Least 37-Years to Write and thought it might have something going for it as a title, too. Its abnormally long but actually might get the book noticed. I don't know. I'm not a publicist. It occurred to me as an idea that's all.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The ones I like best for your book are:
  • A Beginner's guide to reality
  • Step-by-step guide to a completely spontaneous mind
  • Stop trusting your thoughts!
Oddly....I also mistakenly thought one of the titles was The Book You Are Currently Reading Has Taken At Least 37-Years to Write and thought it might have something going for it as a title, too. Its abnormally long but actually might get the book noticed. I don't know. I'm not a publicist. It occurred to me as an idea that's all.

Thanks for the input.

You may be onto something with that long title??

Enjoy our day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
One of the links in the book is to a positive psychology site I discovered in my wanderings -

Flourishing is one of the most important and promising topics studied in positive psychology. Not only does it relate to many other positive concepts, it holds the key to improving the quality of life for people around the world. Discovering the pieces to the flourishing puzzle and learning how to effectively apply research findings to real life has tremendous implications for the way we live, love, and relate to one another.

Flourishing moves beyond the confines of simple happiness or well-being; it encompasses a wide range of positive psychological constructs and offers a more holistic perspective on what it means to feel well and happy. According to the “founding father” of flourishing, Dr. Martin Seligman, flourishing is the result of paying careful attention to building and maintaining the five aspects of the PERMA model.

Flourishing in Positive Psychology: Definition + 8 Practical Tips (PDF)

Ciao!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Here's a few more possible titles -

"Would you rather be right or would you rather be happy?"

"The most fascinating book you are ever likely to read!"

“Suffering can make you all bitter & twisted or it can make you far more compassionate”

“How to calm down the chatter in your mind” – Google it?

“We are all in this together”

“What is life without a little mystery?”

“I don’t think that anyone is completely sane – that would be unbearable.”

“I try not to judge people especially when they are acting like jerks!”

They only behave that way when they are frustrated and a lot of human frustration is a sign that an individual desperately wants to fulfil their FULL potential but hasn’t a clue as to how to go about it.

“If you think unkind thoughts for any reason you are just creating more negative karma for yourself. Don’t blame me - that is just the way this universe operates!”

“Many people are secretly yearning for something fundamentally better than their current experiences”

“Fear can drive people to do some very crazy things!”

"Do you have a healthy belief system?"

“One hundred simple ways to control your brain”

“Sometimes I like to enjoy my life according to the experts”

“Fill your thoughts with kindness and start a kindness revolution!”

“Lessons we can learn from dogs” – Google it!

“How to love yourself completely especially when you are really struggling!”

“Fix all of your problems and frustrations in 50 easy-to-follow steps!”

"Is gratitude the key to a happier life?"

"How to lose your mind but not your sense of humour"

"I would love to believe in all of the modern medical mysteries of life"

"Life is FAR too short to go filling yourself with negativity"

"I believe in miracles!"

"Does anyone really care whether I am happy or not?"

“I wonder … a lot!”

“The art of staying cool, calm & collected whenever anybody is pushing all of your buttons”

“How to observe your mind with friendly curiosity”

“Once upon a time, I started spending & bending & mending my life”

“Make sure that your thoughts are motivated by kindness (as much as humanly possible)”

“I will be asking all the questions from now on!”

“Why on earth would you expect people to behave any better than they do?”

“You have FAR more potential than you may have been led to believe!”

“How to flourish in a traumatic world”

“Once upon a time, a man suddenly started to learn how to enjoy his own life!”

"A little peek inside my chaotic mind"

Amazing scenes – remind me – the nightly news

"I may be imperfect but your imperfections are FAR worse than mine!"

"Send pure, unconditional love to all those who are currently trapped in hatred or any other form of negativity!!!"

“Don’t blame me! I only do what the voices in my head tell me to do!”

“The only guide to happiness you will ever need!”

“How to develop a completely open mind and annoy the heck out of every one at the same time”

“Liberate yourself from all negativity!”

“Live stress-free in a thoroughly superficial & artificial society”

“How to stop adding negativity to a world which already has more than it can handle”

“A complete history of human behaviour”

“Well … maybe you were a mass-murderer in a previous life”

“Some souls deliberately choose to experience extreme adversity because it provides opportunities to evolve much faster”

“Find greater happiness by venturing out beyond your comfort zone”

“How to make better mistakes!”

“Be alert – the world needs more lerts!”

“I used to believe in all of the modern medical mysteries of the blood”

“A complete guide to frustration and what you can do to reduce it!”

“Sometimes I like to live like a logical man”

“How to start enjoying all of the simple things in life!”

“Keys to a more joyful experience on this planet”

“What makes you SO sure that you are right?”

“I hate to break it to you but I cannot even pretend to be interested in all of the ego-drama that most people are addicted to …”

“This world desperately needs all of the wisdom & compassion & inspiration that we can muster!”

“Don’t try to tell me how to live – I am the psychological man!”

“Letting go of all your struggles with reality!”

“Remaining grateful even during your toughest times”

“If you insist on blaming or complaining … beware of bad karma …”

“Are you daring enough to find out the true causes of all of your struggles?”

More to follow - remind me ...

Ciao!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Not finished JUST yet -

“Exploring your own consciousness – the ultimate adventure!”

“You don’t need to torture yourself to grow!”

“All the things we do tend to take for granted”

“The true origins of human happiness”

“Letting go of your need to compare yourself to others”

"Learning to laugh at yourself!"

“How to put an end to toxic thinking – it is far easier than you might imagine!”

“The grand scheme of things”

“The foolproof way to become fabulously rich and popular just by reading this book!”

“Transform your experience of this universe through meditation”

“Everything your soul wants you to know”

“How to think like an absolute genius”

“Stop listening to that voice in your head!”

“I don’t believe in being bored!”

“How to harness the full power of your imagination – it is far easier than you might think!”

"There is absolutely nothing "special" about me - we are all born with the same amazing human potential - we each have the potential to experience love & compassion & wonder & curiosity & forgiveness & kindness & joy & enthusiasm & thoughts & ideas & inspiration & gratitude & much much more!"

“Always make sure that you observe your thoughts as closely and as kindly as humanly possible”

“How to improve your life beyond your wildest dreams”

“Finding happiness by embracing all of your emotions – yes – even the dark ones!”

“I am not in the least bit interested in emotional drama so I make sure I never push people’s buttons”

"My life is a self-replicating event flowing smoothly from unstructured cosmic intent"

Plus more lines from some of my poems?

"Once upon a time, I was born into the psychological mysteries of life"

“Sometimes life is just like the milky texture of reality”

"I'm not crazy - it's everyone else!"

"Solve all of your personal problems permanently"

"Enlightenment for dummies"

"Are we asking all the wrong questions?"

"I would much rather meditate than watch television!"

"Once upon a time, a man started to wonder if he should put an extra onion into his pocket."

"How to stop sabotaging your own happiness"

"My favourite Google searches"

"I am as reliable as the Bible"

"How you can boost your mood enormously by spontaneously chanting completely random & utter nonsense!"

“Don’t tell me about the modern medical mysteries of life!”

"Dealing with obnoxious people without losing your serenity"

"Chanting for fun & profit"

"Once upon a time, a man started to SCREAM because he couldn't understand his own life."

"How to enjoy all of those extra moments of your life"

"Sometimes men & women & children & families & doctors love to enjoy a replica of their own lives"

"Don't worry about me - I am NOT psychologically deranged!"

May send my story to this site –

Schizophrenia.com - Schizophrenia Stories and Success Stories

Namaste

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Update October 1st –

Ironic timing – I just started re-re-re-reading Seat of the Soul and wonder why I bother writing at all. It is superb in spelling out JUST why the world is the way it is and how humans are evolving into higher consciousness.

If you want some idea of what I am rambling on about – you ALMOST don’t need to purchase the book!

Healing an addiction –

Chapter 10: Addiction | The SEAT of the SOUL 25th Anniversary Edition

Or this huge collection of quotes –

TOP 25 QUOTES BY GARY ZUKAV (of 326) | A-Z Quotes

Plus the similar authors if that aint enough!

Oh yes! How COULD I forget – you can find Gary on YouTube – and many other teachers I may mention a little later if I remember ...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Zukav

One entire show is called “What to do when life seems unfair”!

Also remind me to paste in some ideas from our brainstorming sessions – loads about the human mind & emotions!!! Mainly just from research for a tv proposal …

End of update.

Scribbled down earlier in the day -

I have very mixed feelings about what you are about to read. Many times I have felt completely "cured" of my psychosis and now I have a great story to tell because I have undergone an awakening and mine is a remarkable tale of overcoming extreme adversity before being completely transformed.

Then just when I feel the dark moods are gone forever I have a little relapse and feel a ZILLLLLION miles away from being enlightened!
This has happened so often that I often used to refer to myself as a human yo-yo. I suppose I ought to be grateful for the reduced distress I now experience - there are many people FAR worse off than me. Most days my moood is effortlessly buoyant and serenely confident. Just the occasional hiccup lately compared with many many years of feeling like Jeckyll and Hyde. When I was flying high I thought that was the "real me" yet when I was intensely angry & cynical I felt equally convinced that is the "real me" ... it beggars belief that I experienced these yo-yo states for more than three decades and yet today I still have most of my marbles and nowadays all I want to do is work towards full enlightenment - not JUST for myself but so I can maybe help others navigate the darkness. I promise you could tell me anything and I would NOT be shocked at all!

For those of you who may be wondering what-the-heck enlightenment is - plus other great stuff at that site! -

Enlightenment | What is enlightenment | How to become enlightened | Pathway to Happiness

Update – may re-write that section you have just read … could be phrased better and I am flying high once again and it shows no sign of stopping anytime soon but I do need to remind myself that the biggest feature of human life (so far) has been impermanence –

Part of me says it is about time! 20 years of extreme fluctuations in mood & energy and emotional chaos should be “rewarded” by something special …

Yes – I have barely a trace of ego at the moment as I sit here madly typing away ...

My sole motivation is to help in any way I can – maybe this book might help someone through the darkness (much more about my own darkness will be coming up soon) – because I know just how scary this place can be!

I suppose I should be very careful of jumping-the-gun because I have been wrong many times in the past and I said at one stage I am giving up trying to predict what is likely to happen next in my ongoing journey!

Try - best books on gratitude

Recovery from Perfectionism and Codependency

Creating a happier world – a few?? – yes – another great hunch after seeing the phrase

Nanice Ellis pledge – Yes – well-worth checkin out!

Try stillnessspeaks.com – speaking of people who seem quite close to being enlightened – for example –

Gangaji - Stillness Speaks

Did I mention books and resources well try this list!!!! –

Books - Stillness Speaks

Also check-out their menus & resources! One huge site!

Gangaji teachings –

Browse Free Videos - Gangaji.org

Includes “Stop trusting your thoughts!”

End of update – now back to my earlier train of thoughts -

Yes - it remains a very deep puzzle to me - why are some people totally transformed by their adversity while many others become frustrated & angry & bitter & twisted & even violent?

You could always search Google for soul evolve adversity ... you may find sites like this -

Don't Worry, Your Soul Has a Plan - Forever Conscious

Book Review of Your Soul’s Plan, by Robert Schwartz

Recently, I have found that in my more buoyant moods it makes very little difference what I do - I simply enjoy reading or meditating or listening to music or doing Yoga or chanting/singing spontaneously and I also write a lot and this page you are currently reading is only a fraction of it ... oh yes ... almost forgot - I also enjoy surfing in cyberspace - I seem to find something new or stimulating nearly every time I am online :)

I have also found sites that warn that mood swings are a (common) symptom of awakening - if you don't believe me try Googling the phrase spiritual awakening mood swings - esp the www.spiritualawakeningsigns.com site

In fact - as usual I only look at the first few results from a search ... but if you scroll down you find one article called "After a spiritual Awakening Unleashes All Your Emotions"

Update -

Yes - so far in human history a genuine awakening has been a relatively rare event. So there are not many "experts" on the subject at this point in our evolution. I suppose it is a matter of trusting your "gut instinct" as to whether someone's advice is worth following.

I consider myself blessed with fairly decent instincts and something inside me really resonates with the writing/advice of Nanice Ellis. For example - try googling Nanice stages awakening to see what you find. Also look on YouTube!

Also try this at YouTube - they always have interesting suggestions - try - Does Enlightenment Happen Gradually.

I fully realise that many skeptics will see all this as fantasy or wishful thinking. That's cool! I would have responded the same way before it happened to me personally 20 years ago. I used to be the ULTIMATE skeptic!

"This is a very frustrating world and unfortunately many frustrated people do tend to take out their frustrations on the people around them."

Further update -

I am experiencing major doubts about writing a book at all - another relapse quite out-of-the-blue ... more anxiety than anger but still troubling!

It is still "in progress" as I sit here at the computer madly typing away.

I suppose two things! One - it does remind me of how distressing it is to feel overwhelmed by negativity. So I have enormous compassion for those even worse off than me and who have no "support" emotionally or spiritually.

Secondly - I guess things would be even worse if I was not meditating! Tough to maintain it though when you feel distressed.

Try this phrase - toxic thinking (Tiny Buddha)

Yes - many results if include the words Tiny Buddha!

Stay tuned for more :)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Back again ...

Then again I have dozens of helpful books and I suppose I do a good job most of the time staying positive & compassionate & forgiving & sometimes even feeling inspired.

Wounded healer and tough awakenings! - even more in schiz thread! - mine sure has been a tall-tale!!!!

Here is the video I ought to watch more often now I have unlimited data at home! -

Especially while I am feeling so fragile & chaotic at the same time!

"There is more than enough tension in this world to drive anyone clean around the bend!"

"Suffering can make you all bitter & twisted or it can make you more compassionate. I have certainly experienced BOTH ends of the spectrum in this particular life-time!"

As I pull slowly out of my distressed state - I realise a few things ...

Firstly, it reallly is a mysterious puzzle to this day - 37 years of being a yo-yo ought to have taught me something! ... The mystifying aspect is that the vast majority of the time nowadays my strategies work beautifully and I would honestly NOT swap places with anyone else. Then out-of-the-blue my mood deflates for a while and I always assume this time it will be permanent! I must be a slow learner or something! :)

Update -

The brainstorming for our tv show unearthed quite a lot of advice & links all about good mental health ...

What is good mental health?

Could start with this list of “symptoms” from John Watkins in “New Paradigm“ from June 2000 –

Honesty with self and others

Gentleness, humility, patience

Respect for the feelings and needs of others

Compassionate concern for self and others

Spiritual awareness and sensitivity

Loving kindness and generosity

Openness, flexibility, tolerance, non-judgement

Reverence for the natural world

Some people may not appreciate the mention of spirituality as a key to a heathy mind??

Excerpts from happiest man in the world? – link or two for our website!

Especially esquire website – a list of several tips –

Anyone can be the happiest person in the world if they look for happiness in the right place. The problem is that we tend not to.

Happiness is not the pursuit of an endless succession of experiences. That's a recipe for exhaustion more than happiness. Happiness is a way of being. The challenge is to let that way of being overtake all other emotional states.

The way the mind interprets the world is a crucial element in determining the quality of every instant that goes by yet we pay so little attention to our inner condition. We must learn to recognise that there are mental states or emotions that are conducive to flourishing and some that are destructive. I call it antidote training.

The way to happiness: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry. Live simply, expect little, give much. Scatter sunshine, forget self, think of others. Try this for a week and you will be surprised.

Norman Vincent Peale

Happiness doesn't depend on what we have, but it does depend on how we feel toward what we have. We can be happy with little and miserable with much.

William D. Hoard

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Mahatma Gandhi

Happiness is always possible - the only thing that really holds you back is your mind. You have probably already noticed that the happiest times in your life are when you are not thinking. It's a wonderful thing to stand outside your ego, to surrender to the flow, and to participate fully in a hobby, in nature, in meditation, in prayer, in art, in dance, in sport, and in the moment.

Robert Holden

But could easily fill a half-hour with quotes from various sites ... esp good reads – Ricard??

Mention a few books I have found helpful –

“Happiness” by Matthieu Ricard

“The Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle

“The Untethered Soul” by Michael Singer

Plus find MANY authors on Youtube – Singer – Ricard – Holden – Thich Nhat Hanh – Robina Courtin – Sadhguru – Christina Lopes (all about awakening and what to expect if you are one of the growing number who are awakening?)

Plus a youtube link for our site –

How mindfulness changes the emotional life of our brains –

Yes – quite a few talks listed at right hand side of the youtube page! Or use their search function! Featuring Richard Davidson!

I did that – one is called “Wellness is a skill” – could just play that video – or copyright?? Hmmm ...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Richard+Davidson

Also found this Dalai video -

Resilience and happiness?

Esp the very well mind site –

How Resilience Helps With the Coping of Crisis

Plus a general search for "How to become more resilient"!

Leads to this list of tips - at that same site -

Use These 10 Tips to Improve Your Resilience

Almost forgot another great resource – the greater good website – eg –

Four Great Gratitude Strategies

Gratitude being yet another key to a more satisfying experience

From Lorne Ladner’s book –

How to develop positive emotions – esp Rick Hanson site & book?

Mention mindfulness briefly in first episode – say it is one of the tried & tested ways to make yourself emotionally healthy.

Then quotes? For an entire episode on mindfulness –

Here's a couple of quotes -

Mindfulness is being aware of yourself, others, and your surroundings in the moment. When consciously and kindly focusing awareness on life as it unfolds minute by precious minute, you are better able to savor each experience. Also, being closely attentive gives you the opportunity to change unwise or painful feelings and responses quickly. In fact, being truly present in a mindful way is an excellent stress reducer and, because of that, can be seen as consciousness conditioning, a strengthening workout for body, mind, heart, and spirit.

~ Sue Patton Thoele

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From Dave Allen - no relation?

First man:

"The secret of life is to never disagree with anyone."

Second man:

"That's NOT the secret of life!"

First man:

"Okay. That's not the secret of life."

How about a couple of epic poems -

My Favourite Psychosis

My life is a mesmerising collection of textures
And sub-textures
Time distorts all of my biological structures
Thoughts float silently through my consciousness
Like butterflies on a warm summer breeze
I watch them
And call out to them
But they take no notice
They all have flowers to visit
I sit back and watch all this neural activity
I could quite happily do this for an eternity
Eternity is really a single miraculous instant
It dwells in all regions but leaves no imprint
People say their voices and their lives are real
I wonder on what level they can understand or feel
I may be insane but I don't really mind
In touch with infinity and the souls of the blind
I am the gradual improvement of blameless circumstances
I find myself asking questions which have no answers
My psychiatrist believes that I'm Jesus Christ
He has told me so once or twice
My doctor walked into the room
And said build me, build me a paradise
My doctor walked away from the gloom
Saying show me, show me your paradise
I was chosen by name
I generated my data
I stopped in mid-stride
To become a martyr
I guide with a smile
Towards the turnstile
I grow younger and less confused each day
I send children out to play and to pray
I have gifts for the blind and for the meek
There are many words I intend not to speak
I live in twelve separate realities at once
This sometimes makes me seem like a dunce
My picture of reality evolves from one moment to the next
This can leave those around me bemused and perplexed
I cling to no particular view or perspective
I would rather spend time being reflective
Or a remote controlled robot detective
I am everybody and nobody at the same time
I float down the tunnel towards my own lifetime
I am the twelve apostles seated around a table
I speak my truth each moment as well as I am able
I have completely dismantled my own consciousness
My mind is as cold and as calm as the surface of Loch Ness
Being psychotic may be Heaven or it may be Hell
There is no way in advance you can ever tell
Psychosis has given me a tiny peek inside the mind of God
This is why my behaviour on occasions may seem a trifle odd
Do not worry - it is really not so terribly bizarre
Inside my head is all the light of an exploding star
I create each of the circumstances which I am experiencing
This may sound strange but you all do the very same thing
I praise the ghosts of all my former and future selves
I find enchantment behind the boxes on the shelves
This poem is one attempt to describe the indescribable
The same problem confronted the authors of the Bible
Along the inner landscapes of my heart and soul
I seek the light that can make my world whole
People said strange things towards me
While they investigated my life
Their words used to cut more deeply than a knife
I hear all the insects as they conspire against me
As they have done for countless centuries
My thoughts have been embezzled by subatomic aliens
When they speak they sound just like Australians
People put rocks in my head
To watch them rattle
I walk down the road
To talk with the cattle
I am a three dimensional being
With new ways of seeing
I have become my own best enemy
I see the world unfold in front of me
I am structured as if by chaos and pure chance
Inside my brain the electrons dance in their trance
My thoughts evolve in non-linear fashion
Living in wonder is my singular passion
My life is a game of unconnected dots
Pebbles and candles scattered amongst the rocks
My mind is a swirling, random chaotic mess
Strangely this rarely causes me undue stress
I sold my soul to the angels above
They help it to soar inside a white dove
I believe that the glorious nightmares of existence
Are best experienced with minimal resistance
In the darkness I hear voices
The distant echoes of long-forgotten choices
I sit and wait patiently for a moment of inspiration
Trusting each thought to find its own destination
I am the lion that rests with the frightened lamb
You only see a three dimensional image of who I really am
My life is a self-replicating event
Growing smoothly from unstructured cosmic intent
Each day is a magical mystery tour
A smile from a stranger is often the cure
With the passage of time my opinions become fewer
Most of the ordinary diversions have lost their lure
My universe has become one giant coloured fractal
The internal and external merge in the eternal
I am an individual member of a vast collective soul
I often wonder why I chose such an unusual current role
Being psychotic can mean creating ecstasy out of thin air
An ability which at this juncture is unfortunately rare
I am the scattered remnants of a lost and lonely world
I touch the sky
But often lie
On the ground
Tightly curled
I journey to horizons you may scarcely even imagine
Along the way
I pause to pray
And refuel my engine
Psychosis is a thoroughly misunderstood phenomenon
Its true dimensions can only be measured in song
Psychosis has taught me that reality is elastic
That no person or situation is ever truly static
That surface appearances are never ever the full story
That the purest soul has thoughts which may seem gory
That the air is something which connects us all
That there is nothing to ignore no matter how small
At this point in history confusion and debate seem to rule
To suggest all these things I may be a fool
That's okay. No, really, that's cool
Just wait till the film gets to the next spool
Psychosis may seem a curious route to euphoria and nirvana
I find it as easy and natural as peeling a banana
Psychosis is a rip in the space-time continuum
A riddle and a paradox wrapped up in a conundrum
I no longer belong to what you call reality
My soul wanders far beyond eternity
It often visits me for a holiday
Despite my best wishes it just cannot stay
I found God through psychosis
This may sound strange but if you focus
There are infinitely many paths to the divine
Yours may be somewhat different from mine
I flow through time and space
Watching the lines appear on my face
My eyes have stolen light from the stars
I walk along the road and dodge all the cars
People walk around in gloom
Never entering the golden room
I seek the undiluted ecstasy of madness
In a world plagued by every conceivable sadness
Normality has become a barren and plastic landscape
Many souls naturally create their own individual escape
I stroll around in my long fluffy socks
Keeping all my memories in a little yellow box
Sleeping with my pockets full of tiny rocks
I'm starting to enjoy living inside this paradox
By tomorrow afternoon this reality will no longer exist
We will return to our original state of unrestrained bliss
If you have any lingering doubts which persist
Imagine crushing them inside the fingers of your own fist
I bark like a dog and howl at the moon
I eat my sandwiches with a wooden spoon
I roll and I crawl towards understanding
I am prepared for just one more soft landing
Half an onion in a sesame seed bun
My work down here is almost done
There are many more verses on their way
But you won't be reading any of them today

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Schizophrenia

Walking around in a plastic dream
I look into the mirror and scream
Tormented by demons and unseen forces
My mind is wild like stampeding horses

Why is it so
Does anyone know
Who is to blame
Is everyone the same

I used to walk down the street
And scream at everyone I meet
So they locked me away
From the world ev'ry day

I crawled through the walls
So they showed me some normals
They strangled my mind
To help me unwind

I am a human experimental life-form
My blood flows backwards to keep me warm
My eyes have seen the truth inside
In truth there really is no place left to hide

I used to think I was a robot from outer space
With wires in my head and a little plastic face
I used to believe that I had such magic powers
Which I would gladly practice for many hours

I used to think ants were crawling on my brain
I stared at the world and only saw the pain
I used to see monsters and ghosts everywhere
I stayed inside and I continued the stare

The world drags me underground
I feel like I'm already drowned
I suffocate in the open air
I fall down and don't even care

I watch all the people silently screaming
In a world of delusions the tears are streaming
While fools and lunatics lead them astray
Into endless cycles of work, rest and play

People ask me if I can save the world
I tell them to leave all the flags unfurled
People ask me about my frozen lifetime
I tell them their world has no reason or rhyme

People ask me about the human mysteries
I tell them to climb back up into the trees
People ask me about the human struggle
I tell them they should blow more bubbles

People ask me why I behave in this way
I tell them everything I see has turned grey
They look at me as if I have lost my mind
I weep for them as their eyes are so blind

People advise me to conform like the rest
I laugh at this notion and continue my quest
People shake their heads and whisper "he's mad"
I wonder if they ever see their own lives are so sad

Reality to me is such a strange place to visit
If you call it home I wish you every luck with it
I wouldn't live there not for a king's treasure
It seems to lack some dimension beyond measure

My choice is the choice of lifetimes
Your choice is the choice of new crimes
Is there any real choice or is this just a game
Are we simply moths being drawn to a flame

I am exploring an infinite landscape called schizophrenia
When it all falls into place nothing could be dreamier
Some days are pure magic when the view is sublime
I float on angel's wings unconcerned with space and time

Other days are tragic as I simply fall apart
This is the way it has been from the start
Just what is schizophrenia - nobody really knows
An unexplained phenomenon. A petal on a rose

Is it a doorway to infinity or the entrance to hell
I know of no way on earth to truly tell
My journey has taken me to unimaginable places
This tale is just one amongst millions of cases

Feel free to label me a madman or a lunatic
Call me crazy, a whacko ... any label ... take your pick
A label may be useful on all of the clothes that you wear
But as a guide to understanding it leads you nowhere

To you I may seem like some bizarre alien being
This is due to flaws in the ways you are seeing
You see mere reflections of an old, tired view
You see life as a grim struggle and voila it comes true

Whose world is a delusion? Is it mine is it yours
In your world, everybody seems to hunger for applause
While my mind and soul venture toward uncharted shores
Maybe we're simply living on two adjacent floors

More to come ... remind me - you know what I am like!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Therapy

People told me that my life was too strange
And there were many things I needed to change
People told me that my life was so very weird
And there were many things in this world to be feared

My doctor told me that my life was far too bizarre
He offered me some medicine which he placed in a jar
He told me my mind had become distorted and flawed
And that his advice was something not to be ignored

He told me to stop dreaming and just behave like the others
I told him the ants and the spiders were my brothers
He smiled towards me as if I was quite insane
I knew there was little point in trying to explain

His advice though well meaning was based on an error
I felt his mind was in the grip of some unspoken terror
I listened closely to all his delusional views
I thanked God Almighty I was not in his shoes

His mind was stable, predictable and inert
I wondered if his soul was beginning to hurt
I felt much compassion for his sorry plight
I wished I could grant him the gift of my sight

I wandered home and I started to weep
At all of the souls in this world half asleep
Why are some of us just going through the motions?
On this planet which is covered by seven great oceans

One Man's Heaven

I write this little poem as I sit
I'm in Acacia ward until I split
Surrounded by the maddest folk
It is the sweetest, most ironic joke

I'm actually living in another world
Where dreams and magic are unfurled
The people in here have no greed or hate
They all have learned the way to wait

Waiting for the coming of the sun
Knowing they are truly all one
We laugh along with all the staff
My best mate thinks he's a giraffe

I gladly watch over these fragile souls
Some think their minds are full of holes
They cannot handle the jungle outside
This is their refuge where they can hide

They hide not from themselves of course
We are all connected to one pure source
Our hearts and minds have merged with each other
I call everyone in here my soul-brother

If you want to join us, please feel free
It really is the best place to be
Surrounded by such understanding
You'll find we are never ever demanding

You'll never know who you might meet
If you take a walk down our secret street
Please visit us if you get the chance
We may even teach your soul to dance

Part 2 of Geoff's book -

"That is the problem - nobody is terribly willing to take responsibility for their own negativity - it is ALWAYS someone else's fault. Not to mention the tension created by countless millions of fragile egos. It's enough to make me scream - but if I started I would probably never stop!"

How to handle difficult people – esp this site –

20 Expert Tactics for Dealing with Difficult People

Plus Tiny Buddha accept yourself –

Accept Yourself Unconditionally (Even When You’re Struggling)

Meditation advice -

https://mindworks.org/blog/top-tips-on-how-to-meditate/

"I guess you will just have to be patient with me. I am changing & mutating before your very eyes. Either that or I am completely delusional!"

Stay tuned to this frequency for all the latest news & developments ...

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Absolutely love Leunig ...

e09759314733d0d2a6e8e0595783634d.jpg

You can find the main Leunig site here -

www.leunig.com.au

It has years worth of cartoons plus poems plus other things you can find-out for yourself :)

Or search pinterest mood swing or Leunig poem etc etc

bbbb8d2845ca1b12a20dbdfdb672d676.jpg

P-255-guru-SLV.jpg

let-it-go.jpg

brain-plasticity.jpg

Maybe more 2 come ... stay tuned ...

:hugehug: