• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My trip to Egypt

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
you have great pictures. specially minarets were amazing. this one gives me gigles. that tree right behind its head makes it look like, well, i don't know, an ancient Egyptian from Rio carnaval perhabs

Thank you lava. I appreciate it. :yes: and that's an hilarious perspective of the Pharaoh. ;)

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
Caladan, thank you again for sharing such wonderful pictures.

If you could do me one little favor and find Alexander's tomb, I'd really appreciate it! :D (That would be THE thing that would finally get me on a plane to Egypt, I think.)

croak

Trickster
Awesome photos, Caladan! I went to Egypt with my family back in... 2005, was it? Pretty awesome. I'd like to go again, but not in the middle of summer.... We went around Cairo; drove across the Suez and turned back. xD I'd love to visit Upper Egypt, though, take a cruise along the Nile.... -daydreams-

Did you buy any trinkets?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Awesome photos, Caladan! I went to Egypt with my family back in... 2005, was it? Pretty awesome. I'd like to go again, but not in the middle of summer.... We went around Cairo; drove across the Suez and turned back. xD I'd love to visit Upper Egypt, though, take a cruise along the Nile.... -daydreams-

Did you buy any trinkets?
Right on croak! the Cairo area is indeed fascinating, but you are right, Upper Egypt was all that I imagined it to be!

I bought a stone face of Akhenaten, an original made papyrus, and gifts for Circle_One and UltraViolet, my two favorite Egyptophiles.

Last edited:

jeanie

Thanks for sharing. This brings back memories. I went there too and did a 4 day felucca ride down the nile stopping at temples and villages along the way. It was an incredible place to go and I hope to get there again one day.