• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My trip to Egypt

Just_me_Mike

WB, I noticed in one picture your shoe was untied. You need to be careful of that big guy!

Just kidding... Thanks for sharing some of your experience.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Beautiful, Dan! Glad to see you back!
Many thanks Heather, and many hugs and Kisses!

On with the show...

DSC04656.jpg

Umm Kulthum, 1900-1975, the legendary Egyptian Diva.

DSC04658.jpg

Karnak temple. located near Luxor. it was a main place of worship for Amun, Mut, and Khunsu (the Theben Triad). Mut was a mother goddess in Egyptian religion, and her name means 'Mother', Khunsu was related to the moon and he is closely related to Horus.
The next pictures, is the rams of Amun, organized into two lines:

DSC04663.jpg

Ram of Amun:

DSC04666.jpg

DSC04673.jpg

DSC04680.jpg

DSC04679.jpg

The Theben triad, it is in the shape of the cross, because the Christians have damaged the statues to make them look in that shape:

DSC04691.jpg

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
The Obelisk at Luxor.

DSC04690.jpg

DSC04694.jpg

Amun:

DSC04702.jpg

DSC04707.jpg

Greco-Roman Isis:

DSC04706.jpg

Latin inscription, related to Augustus. a testament for the later Roman presence:

DSC04717.jpg

A 12th century mosque built at Luxor, and is combined with the ancient Egyptian temple:

DSC04716.jpg

A Christian chapel at the temple of Luxor, the Christians placed their drawings a top the ancient Egyptian carvings:

DSC04715.jpg

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
The 12th century mosque's windows:

DSC04710.jpg

DSC04709.jpg

This cartouche reads: "Alexander", and yes we are talking about Alexander the great. Alexander arrived to Egypt at the 4th century BCE. the Egytians welcomed him as he removed the Persian control.

DSC04728.jpg

DSC04733.jpg

Morning at Aswan!

DSC04756.jpg

DSC04755.jpg

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
DSC04837.jpg

The Pharoah sailing on the solar boat, ascorted by Maat, Hathor, Thoth..
DSC04846.jpg

DSC04862.jpg

DSC04873.jpg

DSC04901.jpg

DSC04899.jpg

DSC04911.jpg

Me at Aswan, admiring the local fashion =)

DSC04910.jpg

Circle_One

I cried. Your pictures made me cry for real. They are absolutely breathe-taking. I'm in complete awe! I love when you share pictures with us!

I'll bet it wouldn't be a big deal if I said I was American to anyone who asked ... right not4me? Most people are nice to respectful foreigners, I would be shocked if someone got into trouble in the U.S. because they said they were from Egypt.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Really enjoyed your pictures and captions. I have to say my favorite shot is you in the Indiana Jones pose in post #32. Priceless.

.lava

Veteran Member
Many thanks Heather, and many hugs and Kisses!

On with the show...

DSC04656.jpg

such a beautiful kid!

you have great pictures. specially minarets were amazing. this one gives me gigles. that tree right behind its head makes it look like, well, i don't know, an ancient Egyptian from Rio carnaval perhabs