• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My new guy friend

Riders

For those of us who are obese or can't be real sexual I put this up for them.

I'm a recovering sex addict.I have 14 weeks of sobriety.I can't be very sexual because I abused myself so much I've personal physical issues tied in with being sexual.

But still I'm dating on a friendship basis.I put a platonic friendship ad that specified no sex only making out kissing holding hands.

You would be surprised at how many men responded who are older men who have ed.

Anyways my guy friend has partial not full aspergers.So that also affects the way he interacts with romance.

So far he has not violated any of my boundaries and it's working well. He also took me out to a singles meet up and we might go out to some game nights and have fun
So I'm definitely enjoying my new not so sexual friendship. We like to make out.

It seems to be working for me.Im jyst wondering how common it is for folks who don't want to be very sexual to find good partners.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Sex only takes you so far. Intimacy with the mind can be just as passionate and rewarding in its own way, if not more.

Glad your having plutonic fun. It's a big world out there with lots to explore I'm sure.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
I just want to say that I have similar issues and it's great to have someone as a friend that you can turn to. I'm extremely thankful that God would take my worthlessness and put it to good use for the Gospel. I realize that you are far off from that spiritually, but what Jesus has given me is friendship with God and for that I'm grateful. So yeah, friends are great. :)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Riders, best wishes for your friendship. Different people, different takes. So many people that I know are not highly sexual as many others are.

Riders

He Say's he has it but calls it. Social anxiety disorder. His not really slow or challenged he talks normal.

He is a farmer has a job and a rental property he makes money from. He has a car picks me up appears to be pretty normal.

But when we went to a singles social together he did get pretty quite. Had a hard time introducing himself so I introduced us to everyone.

He didn't say much outside of high but did talk to me but too shy to talk to talk to other people.sometimes he gets quite when we talk too and I end up talking more which is fine.

Miles

He Say's he has it but calls it. Social anxiety disorder. His not really slow or challenged he talks normal.

Social anxiety disorder and autism are two different things. Also many autistic people aren't intellectually disabled, if that's what you meant by "slow or challenged".

Riders

Autism is not the same thing as Aspergers your mixed up. I have another guy friend with aspergers I've been educated on this.

The definition of aspergers is a higher functioning version of autism autistic but higher functioning.

My other guy friend John is a little bit mentally challenged and slow in some ways slurs his words doesn't communicate as well.

But he's also smart in some areas.So some Aspergers folks are mentally challenged like John or both challenged and smart like John.

Some are very smart and not challenged at all your right about that.

It varies.Some are more functioning then others.Perhaps I should have said he is high functioning rather then not mentally challenged that may have sounded better.

Both he and John have Aspergers John can not drive and hasn't been able to hold down a job and slurs his words. Those are some of the differences.

The reason it's called social anxiety disorder is Aspergers folks tend to have a hard time in certain social situations.

Theyre mind.the lights coming at them and voices some times confuses them.John has gotten confused a few times when at a restuarant with me.

I don't know Randal well enough but he does seem to have issues meeting people in public and being in social situations.But both he and John are comfortable with me.

Randal and I are celebrating thanksgiving alone so we don't have to be at my family thing.

Miles

Autism is not the same thing as Aspergers your mixed up. I have another guy friend with aspergers I've been educated on this.

The definition of aspergers is a higher functioning version of autism autistic but higher functioning.

My other guy friend John is a little bit mentally challenged and slow in some ways slurs his words doesn't communicate as well.

But he's also smart in some areas.So some Aspergers folks are mentally challenged like John or both challenged and smart like John.

Some are very smart and not challenged at all your right about that.

It varies.Some are more functioning then others.Perhaps I should have said he is high functioning rather then not mentally challenged that may have sounded better.

Both he and John have Aspergers John can not drive and hasn't been able to hold down a job and slurs his words. Those are some of the differences.

The reason it's called social anxiety disorder is Aspergers folks tend to have a hard time in certain social situations.

Theyre mind.the lights coming at them and voices some times confuses them.John has gotten confused a few times when at a restuarant with me.

I don't know Randal well enough but he does seem to have issues meeting people in public and being in social situations.But both he and John are comfortable with me.

Randal and I are celebrating thanksgiving alone so we don't have to be at my family thing.

1. I'm autistic and would be considered "high functioning" if I didn't hate that word. Please listen to actual autistic people on autism before thinking you're special because you have an autistic friend. I'm AUTISTIC, and the Asperger's diagnosis now falls under the category of autism. So yeah, Asperger's people are autistic.

2. What does "mentally challenged" even mean? He doesn't communicate as well as you? Well, as an autistic sign language user, I just have to ask - how well could you communicate if most of the global population had their brains wired differently than yours? If speaking was considered a secondary form of communication and eye contact was seen as rude? If your body language was used to profile you as dishonest and incompetent?

3. Smartness is such an arbitrary social construct and heavily defined by access to academic resources, adequate nutrition, literature, and a nurturing well-off home in which one's parents have time to teach them from an early age.

For example, your grammar is atrocious. "Theyre". "Your". Lack of periods, lack of spaces. Yet I don't call you stupid for that.

Also, in a lot of cultures, academic excellence isn't as highly valued as survival skills like hunting, so many "smart" Americans would be seen as stupid by their standards.

4. Why is it so important that someone be able to drive? If we had better public transportation, it wouldn't even be necessary.

5. I've met allistic people who can't hold down jobs either - are they "challenged"?

6. Functioning labels are offensive. Autism isn't a binary with high functioning at one end and low functioning at the other.

It's more like a sundae bar with different toppings. Maybe someone can't talk, or can but only part of the time. Maybe they scream. Maybe they rock back and forth. Maybe they flap their hands. Maybe they're introverted. Maybe they can't drive. Maybe they can't work. Maybe they bite or hit themselves. Maybe they cry a lot. Maybe they have speech impediments like slurring their words, stuttering, or having a hard time controlling the volume of their voice.

There are so many different "toppings", and they vary for every autistic person. Some of them have more of one "topping" than the others. Sometimes the toppings change from day to day. We're all unique.

Furthermore, "low functioning" is used to take away agency, perpetuate violence and abuse against them, and dismiss them as an equal human being, while "high functioning" is used to deny accessibility needs and tokenize the autistic person's abilities (i.e. if they have a special interest in a STEM-related field) for allistic people's benefit.

7. Autism is a developmental disorder. Social anxiety is an anxiety disorder. While they're not mutually exclusive and are often considered cousin disorders by the disabled community, they are by no means the same thing.

8. If we're going to pull the "educated" crap here, fine - not only am I autistic myself, but I'm a mental health major. I'm in my fourth psychology class of my undergrad degree and honestly, the way so many people talk about autism (like you're doing right now) is insulting and makes me seriously worry for any autistic patients they may eventually have as professional therapists.

Last edited:

Riders

Ok first place let me just say this.Im glad you expressed yourself. If you want to. Get rid of stereotypes and labels it is good to express yourself make your voice be heard.

Second place I have never used the term low functioning. I use the terms mentally challenged and Aspergers because John Himself used the Aspergers term and his Mom used mentally challenged a little bit to describe him.

Im in an old folks home right now. I wrote fast while I was in bed to get through that post. I apologize for the mistakes.

Both John and Randall have used the term Aspergers to describe themselves. John's mother has used mentally challenged and also labels John as Aspergers with anger issues.

So if you want people to stop using those terms maybe you should turn to your own community.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with not driving or not working. I used it as a way of describing the differences between Randall and John just to say there are all different levels of it.

I have a learning disability. I have organizational dyslexia.i can't drive on highways only around my little town to close places. I get lost easily and turn the signs around backwards I see them backwards on the freeway.I don't work either.

I have more to say but Ill stop there for now.

Riders

Anyways I also want to respond to me feeling special. I have had issues in the past with men and getting inappropriate attention from men. Perhaps I came off as getting inappropriate attention for male friends without knowing it.I wouldn't be surprised.

But let me say this. I hau'nt talked about them to anyone except my sisters.But I dont date men just because I feel sorry for them or to do them any favors.Im not that great.I only date men I communicate well with who have alot in common with me.

Yes John slurred some of his words but he communicated well with me we understood each other.
John and I met at the UU church where his Mother was a Pagan Priestess.He is Agnostic and feels like most religions are fantasy. He knows parts of the bible I dont.Hes smarter way smarter then me.

As you can tell by my writing I am learning disabled.John and I use to hang out at the Gothic bar together the mall and movie theater we had a blast.i agreed with him on lots of things.

I also put a post up here about what he said about Christian story being science fiction plot Lola and people liked it. I agree with that too. I like the way he expresses himself.

Randall and I went through abuse and rigid religious traditions from strict structured religions.we both are recovering Evangelical conservatives.He is now democrat and we agree about alot of things. I think he's cute. I'm attracted to him. I think we will be visiting some spiritual places together.

So I date folks I have things in common with and I like to spend time with.