• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My disability rant.

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
I am so tired of people treating me like I am retarded, just because I am disabled. I am so tired of being told what to do. I have the same rights to individual autonomy as other adults. I wish I had been aborted.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am so tired of people treating me like I am retarded, just because I am disabled. I am so tired of being told what to do. I have the same rights to individual autonomy as other adults. I wish I had been aborted.

I wish for you all happiness.

Regards Tony

David T

Premium Member
My daughter doesnt care what people think about her. She is the most awesome person i know. She cant walk or talk it does not hinder her being!!!! Be you....

Btw she actually is more aware than most.

signal-2018-10-29-212858.jpg

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

I'll pray for you to find a successful outcome sister. :twohearts:

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I experienced something similar during my recovery from a stroke. It sux. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Riders

Yes, I am bipolar and sometimes folks think I am challenged to. I do have a learning disability organizational dislexia but it does not affect my reading or writing. I get lost easy and I turn around highway signs so I don't drive much. I can drive in my own city. I get lost in big buildings turn door signs around.

But many folks think I'm way less intelligent then I am. Men make me so angry I will write more later.

Riders

I have had folks in My Moms AA meeting 6 years ago try to set me up with a mentally disabled guy who's intellect is so low I could not understand what he was saying in his 3 word sentences and he was all over me a lot. My Mom got tired of it and got rid of him for disturbing the meetings.

Anyways, yea people confuse being mentally ill with being mentally challenged quit a bit.So if I tell my relatives I am working they get offended and tell me my social security should be enough.

When I was a teenager, I for out of psych wards, had to drop out of high school because they would not take me at first then tried to drive me out.

Dr.s had me on strong medicine for depression and and heavy sleeping pills, Xanax for anxiety. They expected me to go back to the mental ward and be suicidal and out of it the rest of my life. I get the feeling my cousins kind of expect me to stay home all the time be suicidal depressed see counselors all the time and kind of spend my time being sad and depressed.

People still have idea about mentally ill folks too.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

This i understand completely having had the same treatment from very early in my life. I am dyslexic, not stupid.

The attitude caused me to leave the church in my mid teens because there is nothing worse to an teenager than being constantly mocked by adults who should know better.

I have a friend who is wheelchair bound, she gets about very well in a bulky and heavy electric wheelchair. She will not stand any talking down to her, if anyone tries she runs over their foot.

If people try it on with you, be firm in making your wishes known.

Riders

This i understand completely having had the same treatment from very early in my life. I am dyslexic, not stupid.

The attitude caused me to leave the church in my mid teens because there is nothing worse to an teenager than being constantly mocked by adults who should know better.

I have a friend who is wheelchair bound, she gets about very well in a bulky and heavy electric wheelchair. She will not stand any talking down to her, if anyone tries she runs over their foot.

If people try it on with you, be firm in making your wishes known.

Christine I have organizational dislexia. My reading and writing skills are normal. however my sisters are choosing to have me not have a car right now. The reason is, I have a drivers license and I can drive on side roads and neighborhood streets and even big main streets if its around here in Mesquite. But if I drive a long way or on highways, I get my signs mixed up, turn them around backwards etc.

Also if I go to a new Dr or new place that's big and I have to go find an office, I bring my sister with me. I get turned around, lost can't find the number , I walk out the in door, walk in the outdoor and get lost. I have hard time keeping paper work in order or keeping a folder wth files in it. I am disorganized so.