• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My cell phone - RIP

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
My cell phone died over the weekend..... I can dial and it can receive calls, but I can't hear who is calling and they can't hear me talking......They just don't make phones like the use to..... I have only had it for close to 10 years......and now....I am being forced to get a smart phone....... BAH!!!!

My Cell phone

71cZtr4uJQL._SX679_.jpg

RIP-Rest-in-Peace.jpg

PureX

Veteran Member
I still use an old flip phone. Though, I don't use it as a primary means of communicating; I still have a land line for that. I keep it in the car with the AAA emergency number on it in case I break down or can't find someone.

Wu Wei

I'm sure there are some ancient cellphones that can be found just like one can find bows, spears and the like. In fact, if this were another thread, I would call you a loser for not doing the obvious search first

Vintage Cell Phones for sale | eBay

Calling me a loser..in my GRIEF!!!! have you no sympathy sir....I am being pushed into the modern era against my will and you just keep kicking me when I'm down...........sheesh...the nerve of some people.....

Wu Wei

I still use an old flip phone. Though, I don't use it as a primary means of communicating; I still have a land line for that. I keep it in the car with the AAA emergency number on it in case I break down or can't find someone.

I too use landline for main communication, when I'm home. But everyone and their bother contacts me on my ex-flip phone

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
My cell phone died over the weekend..... I can dial and it can receive calls, but I can't hear who is calling and they can't hear me talking......They just don't make phones like the use to..... I have only had it for close to 10 years......and now....I am being forced to get a smart phone....... BAH!!!!

My Cell phone

71cZtr4uJQL._SX679_.jpg

RIP-Rest-in-Peace.jpg

RIP, don't dwell on your loss though, embrace the smartphone age its time to upgrade!!!.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

My Cell phone

71cZtr4uJQL._SX679_.jpg

RIP-Rest-in-Peace.jpg

What I found interesting is that your digital clock is set to 10:10, an artifact of the past when analog clocks were shown in an aesthetically pleasing, symmetric way set to that time :

upload_2018-10-22_13-45-53.png
upload_2018-10-22_13-46-7.jpeg
upload_2018-10-22_13-46-17.jpeg
upload_2018-10-22_13-46-34.jpeg
upload_2018-10-22_13-46-46.jpeg
images
images
images

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Calling me a loser..in my GRIEF!!!! have you no sympathy sir....I am being pushed into the modern era against my will and you just keep kicking me when I'm down...........sheesh...the nerve of some people.....
I was just pointing out that you could continue to live in the past if you chose.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Forget the smart phones. They were never made to last. Planned obsolescence.

This model, on the other hand, was built to last. They will still work. They're still "supported."
iu

Yeah, try downloading an app on that thing.

Wu Wei

I'm now thinking I should get one of these to replace my poor, missed, dead, (sniffle) flip phone

17wmt-jumbo-v2.jpg

Certainly looks big enough to download these app things that people speak of...got lots of room inside I'm sure