• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My baby is gone

Laika

Premium Member
Yesterday was a very difficult day for me. My beautiful cat, that is very near and dear to me, had to be put down. She had a lot of health issues going on but on top of that she had developed a virus that was essentially making her starve to death. I had to make the tough decision to put her down without getting a chance to say goodbye.

I wrote the following about her last night.

I held her all the way home, I cried more and I have buried her in a pot with her favourite blanket. I am sure many more tears will come as I adjust to a life without my beautiful furbaby. We weren't together long but she was the perfect adopted fur daughter for me.

When I first got her, she was timid. If you tried to pat her on the head she would shrink away. She hated being touched anywhere except for her back. I gained her trust though. Eventually I was able to pat her on the head, belly, chest and legs. I could pick her up and cuddle for minutes at a time. Zoe always wanted to be close without being on you. She was a beautiful cat. I am disappointed that she left me so soon, but do not regret a single moment of our companionship.

I don't know what happens when we die zoe, but I will miss you more than words express and I hope you are at peace.
wp-image-603274238jpg.jpg

Sorry for your loss. I have two cats, and the general mayhem of looking after them lights up my day. I remember how quiet it was before we had them. :( *hugs*

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Yesterday was a very difficult day for me. My beautiful cat, that is very near and dear to me, had to be put down. She had a lot of health issues going on but on top of that she had developed a virus that was essentially making her starve to death. I had to make the tough decision to put her down without getting a chance to say goodbye.

I held her all the way home, I cried more and I have buried her in a pot with her favourite blanket. I am sure many more tears will come as I adjust to a life without my beautiful furbaby. We weren't together long but she was the perfect adopted fur daughter for me.

When I first got her, she was timid. If you tried to pat her on the head she would shrink away. She hated being touched anywhere except for her back. I gained her trust though. Eventually I was able to pat her on the head, belly, chest and legs. I could pick her up and cuddle for minutes at a time. Zoe always wanted to be close without being on you. She was a beautiful cat. I am disappointed that she left me so soon, but do not regret a single moment of our companionship.

I don't know what happens when we die zoe, but I will miss you more than words express and I hope you are at peace.

Hard moments indeed, i wonder that cat force us to love her whereas chicken force us to eat her.
Sorry that i don't use "it" for animals.

It's kind of mercy that we forget with the pass of time otherwise our life will be a hell for losing the love one.

Treks

Very sorry for your loss. Another furry friend over the rainbow bridge.

Knight of Albion

So sorry to hear about your beloved Zoe, dear Dgirl. She was/is beautiful.

Having a beloved animal companion PTS is the hardest decision ...But you have to do right by them, even though it will break your heart. That is love

Animals have souls too. Animals which have known positive companionship and love with humans acquire individualisation, which they retain after death.
Zoe is still Zoe!, alive and well, and young again, on the Other Side. Being looked after by one your human loved ones on the Other Side I suspect.
You will meet all your loved ones - the two-legged and the four - again some day. Take heart at that.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam

I am sorry for your loss... It is always very hard to lose a loved one, human or animal

She still lives in your heart and memories, treasure them both <3

Parsimony

Being a cat person myself who has lost many pets, I understand your situation completely. It most certainly is hard to deal with. I wish you all the best.

suncowiam

I'm sorry for your loss. Our beloved Whiskey, a very smart and the sweetest jack russell terrier passed away several months ago. My wife and I had him since the beginning of our relationship so it was a very hard loss for us. We try to remember the good times and not forget the joy that he brought to our world. =)

Kent856

Im deeply sorry for your loss :( Theres not much I can say or do for you except to be here in this small way. My family has always had dogs and I have grown up around them my whole life. I've lived through the death of three long term pets... Each time we lost someone special. Every single animal has a distinct personality, just like us humans. Unlike us though, they are innocent, and thats why they are so easy to love.

My mother had to make the choice to put down a Labrador that had been with us for fifteen years, since I was one years old. She still hates herself for making that decision... Please don't feel that way, you made a sacrifice for Zoe, so she could die peacefully.

sovietchild

The name of the topic reminded of an article I read few years ago.

In Soviet Union, scientists did not recommend for single women to have cats, because women's nature is to go out and look for a family of their own, the cats make them think that they have a family and so they don't go out and look for a family of their own.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

That's the biggest hurdle in pet ownership to contend with imo.

I try to remember the compassionate reasons, and continuation from that point on by which, even though the cat is gone, her substance isn't.

Sometimes a new set of eyes eases the pain, carrying on one's love and compassion with our furry friends.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
These things really do upset me as I feel for our animal friends and am so sorry for you.

But your beloved friend and companion is even now remembering you and it is very likely you knew each other before and will again in the future, as sad as the heart feels it is also a channel to other worlds and it is true that your friend is a friend to many over time and by means of your beloved pet you actually have a huge extended family.

RRex

Premium Member
dgirl,

I'm very sorry you lost your kitty. I know just how hard it was to to make that decision and how hard it was to bury her.

Take care,
RRex :glomp:

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Thank you for all the kind messages. I am still grieving for my companion, but I am handling it better than I was. I have finally stopped trying to figure out what I could have done better and now remember our time together fondly. I still have sad moments where I think she is going to just come around the corner, but I smile instead of cry now.

2016-07-29_11.35.59.jpg