• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My baby is gone

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Yesterday was a very difficult day for me. My beautiful cat, that is very near and dear to me, had to be put down. She had a lot of health issues going on but on top of that she had developed a virus that was essentially making her starve to death. I had to make the tough decision to put her down without getting a chance to say goodbye.

I wrote the following about her last night.

I held her all the way home, I cried more and I have buried her in a pot with her favourite blanket. I am sure many more tears will come as I adjust to a life without my beautiful furbaby. We weren't together long but she was the perfect adopted fur daughter for me.

When I first got her, she was timid. If you tried to pat her on the head she would shrink away. She hated being touched anywhere except for her back. I gained her trust though. Eventually I was able to pat her on the head, belly, chest and legs. I could pick her up and cuddle for minutes at a time. Zoe always wanted to be close without being on you. She was a beautiful cat. I am disappointed that she left me so soon, but do not regret a single moment of our companionship.

I don't know what happens when we die zoe, but I will miss you more than words express and I hope you are at peace.
wp-image-603274238jpg.jpg

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
So beautiful. Sorry to hear. It's very hard to make that decision you did. I've been there, and it breaks my heart every time.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Thank you for all the messages. I am devastated. I thought I would have many years with her in my life. She was only roughly 3 and a half. The time I did get to spend with her will always be precious memories to me.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Thank you for all the messages. I am devastated. I thought I would have many years with her in my life. She was only roughly 3 and a half. The time I did get to spend with her will always be precious memories to me.
Dang. Only 3 years.

At least I got to spend 14-15 years with my dogs before I put them down. I still miss them, even though we got a new puppy since. However, the new one was a close call. He has a congenital disorder so he has a hard time absorbing B12. We have to give him a shot every week. He was basically labelled the runt of the litter and failing to thrive. Nothing wrong with him, except he crashed blood pressure and blood sugar and wouldn't eat anything. It was a hard struggle for 3 months to get him through it, and now he's here, making my every moment a brighter one.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, she was beautiful.
I'm a cat person which may sound a bit odd from a male who is an outdoors man.
I LOVED my cats. I had them "fixed", shots, fed them well and kept them
healthy.
My most fond memories were of a great cat that slept with me all curled up
near my head and purr me to sleep.
I love dogs also but cats seem to bond with one person very well and deeply.
Anyone can give a dog a treat and they are buddies. That's a good thing though.
A cat is very selective about what human is accepted.
Cat's then train that human very well.:D

von bek

So sorry to hear this. I had to say goodbye to my girl Foxy two years ago. She had cancer. Her belly was filling with liquid, had it drained a few times but it would always bloat back up. When she began vomiting blood and stopped eating and drinking, I knew what I had to do. The single most difficult decision I have ever had to make. I cried over her everyday for several months. I am tearing up simply writing this.

There is no easy way to heal. Only time can lessen the pain. I don't know that it ever goes away completely; but, it does become manageable and you will reach a point where when you remember your kitty, it will be all the happy and funny moments that come most strongly to mind. I hope you are able to heal and find some peace.

A couple of months after Foxy passed, I decided to rescue a cat from the shelter. It was really important to me to rescue a cat because I was unable to save my girl. Something good had to come out of the pain, and bringing her home helped us both. Now, different people will have different feelings about when they are ready to adopt again. There is no right or wrong timeframe, you will know.

One other thing, I felt (and sometimes still do feel) angry and disgusted at myself for making the decision to end her suffering. I know it was the cancer that had destroyed her body beyond repair; but, I made the final decision, and sometimes I hate myself over making the decision. I know though that if I hadn't she would have continued suffering in agony. I was with her when she left, it was painless and peaceful. She got to pass with me petting her and the last words she heard were me saying, "I love you, Foxy." I know it was the best decision, as was your decision. If you ever start to beat yourself up, please stop. You did what you did because of your love. May we all get to pass as they did, peacefully and surrounded by the one we love most.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I'm so sorry....:(
All that matters is she didn't suffer....she surely passed away feeling her owner's love.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Well, from many people I respect, we will have an afterlife connection with pets we have bonded with.