• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims the least educated in the world?

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Response: Being intelligent does not come from studying to be a teacher so your claim is invalid and an insult to all academics. I am a certified academic, so I know the discipline and reasoning as to what makes an intelligent person excel above the norm. When you have the same credential, then we can debate education.
What is a certified academic? I have ten years in college and spent maybe a hundred thousand dollars on it (mostly in vain). Looks like I would have been certified as a cancellation. I work with a 4 guys who have 1 - PhD, and 4 - masters degrees, yet not one certified academic. How much does that cost?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Prove it.

That so called site shows you its sources, and your no one to go up against their credibility.
EDITED :

you want me to prove it's not credibility !!! , seems that you job to prove it's credibility ,not me first .

accuatly I proved it , but you did not notice that , that site did not post any references , for their claims .

post it's credibility , and we will talk about it .

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Language acquisition is an example of a domain that needs more memorization than normal - correct.

But when we consider topics like: math, all the sciences (biology, geology, chemistry, physics and so on), history (yes, even history), composition, diagnosis, problem solving, sociology, anthropology and on and on, memorization should be a small part of a curriculum.

Ask your self honestly how many details you remember from a science class you took 10 or more years ago? If it was a good science class, the real point was NOT to memorize facts, but to learn larger principles.

As an educator I find it astounding that anyone can seriously claim that society has learned nothing about how to educate in the last 1400 years.

What about medicine ?

Don't you think it needs a lot of memorizing along with understanding ?

outhouse

Atheistically
https://www.osac.gov/Pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=11999

Algeria has been fighting Islamist militants since the 1992 cancellation of National Assembly elections. The ensuing conflict, although less intense than it was during its height in the 1990s, has lasted nearly 18 years, and the loss of lives is estimated at more than 200,000.

However, organized crime groups involved in drug and weapon smuggling continue to be the main organized crime problem in Algeria

The Algerian government does not publish accurate and statistically valid crime reports

Seems like one of the most terrible place to live one could find. But I do know muslims have many worse places.

outhouse

Atheistically
Lets get back to the required fanaticism of all muslims.

mulsims are selling their souls to terrorism for 50$ and a cell phone. Its all it takes to get many mulsims to join .

Islamist Terror Group Recruits Members With $50 And A Cell Phone, Study Finds

The typical terrorist in Somalia was recruited when he was young, poor and afraid. In some cases, he just wanted $50 and a cell phone

Notably, the vast majority of recruits were young. Ninety-one percent of those interviewed became radicalized before the age of 30, which is apt considering al-Shabab means "the youth" in Arabic. The interviewees also tended to come from impoverished backgrounds, and to join al-Shabab as a career rather than simply out of support for the group's cause. In almost all cases, recruits grew up in something of an ideological vacuum, with little to no education and no exposure to belief systems other than Islam.

There ya go!! A factual link to terrorism islam and lack of education :facepalm:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Lets get back to the required fanaticism of all muslims.

mulsims are selling their souls to terrorism for 50$ and a cell phone. Its all it takes to get many mulsims to join .

Islamist Terror Group Recruits Members With $50 And A Cell Phone, Study Finds

The typical terrorist in Somalia was recruited when he was young, poor and afraid. In some cases, he just wanted $50 and a cell phone

Notably, the vast majority of recruits were young. Ninety-one percent of those interviewed became radicalized before the age of 30, which is apt considering al-Shabab means "the youth" in Arabic. The interviewees also tended to come from impoverished backgrounds, and to join al-Shabab as a career rather than simply out of support for the group's cause. In almost all cases, recruits grew up in something of an ideological vacuum, with little to no education and no exposure to belief systems other than Islam.

There ya go!! A factual link to terrorism islam and lack of education :facepalm:

Here's one for you then...
Given the clear link between PGDP and education levels, as well as your own hypothesis that education precludes/radically reduces terrorism;

1) Do you advocate reducing the US defence budget so that universities can be built in Somalia?
2) How do you reconcile the Puerto Rican literacy rate (94% give or take) with levels of political-inspired terrorism in the last 30 years?

outhouse

Atheistically
1) Do you advocate reducing the US defence budget so that universities can be built in Somalia?

No.

2) How do you reconcile the Puerto Rican literacy rate (94% give or take) with levels of political-inspired terrorism in the last 30 years?

Going to flip it on you :sorry1:

If they were muslims and not for the most part Christian, do you think the terrorism would be worse??

outhouse

Atheistically
But after study of this issue, I will say the demographics are quit small and does not reflect the religious fanaticism of 2 B muslim, being we are talking about political terrorism.

The terrorism being political has almost no religious affiliation what so ever. major difference.

SO to address you in context, I have never stated all muslim violence is due to religion.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

It was a long shot, and only partially serious, but bombing them AFTER they've become terrorists seems an expensive way to ultimately lose.

Going to flip it on you :sorry1:

If they were muslims and not for the most part Christian, do you think the terrorism would be worse??

You're supposed to answer my question. THEN you can flip it on me...;)
Anywhoos...I honestly don't know.

I understand where you're coming from, but the way you present this makes it seem like terrorism = Islam. Facts suggest that most terror acts are not committed in the name of Allah.

Personally I'm not a fan of any fundamentalism. I certainly see radical Islam as a substantial issue. Do you think Islam, inserted into a literate/educated country, is likely to be radical in nature?

outhouse

Atheistically
It was a long shot, and only partially serious, but bombing them AFTER they've become terrorists seems an expensive way to ultimately lose.

I don't like it any more then you.

Yes we waited to long. We as in the stupid guy in charge.

You're supposed to answer my question. THEN you can flip it on me...;)
Anywhoos...I honestly don't know.

Had to do that while I read up on the topic so I could address it honestly.

I was ignorant to the whole show.

I understand where you're coming from, but the way you present this makes it seem like terrorism = Islam.

In my world, it is what I see. I see religious people killing over sectarianism. This got under my skin last week when I realized all the American men who died in vain trying to set people free in Iraq from tyranny. Only to have that scum bag president use sectarian violence to further divide Iraq due to religious belief alone. [Interpretation of the Koran]

Facts suggest that most terror acts are not committed in the name of Allah.

How much religious terrorism is acceptable?

Do you think Islam, inserted into a literate/educated country, is likely to be radical in nature?

They actually still do. Look at the muslims in England, very very bad.

My problem is the required fanaticism in all muslism, making it easy to step into sectarianism and terrorism. Granted most are not, but this religion requires you to take 3-4 steps up a ladder and hover one wrung below violence.

vskipper

How much religious terrorism is acceptable?

I dont know Christianity had how many HUNDREDS of years?

Forced conversion under the sword throughout Europe, North & South America. Burning of whole towns including women & children (crusades). Oklahoma City was done in the name of Christianity.

The leader of a major terrorist organization now rules over a so called ally of ours but we are reinstating his visa. (I guess its okay to be a mass butcher when its Muslims you kill). Talking about the present president of India btw.

Then again there is also the attempted extinction of an entire race by the U.S. Government.

vskipper

I've studied the curriculums of many Madrasa.

Cliche

Western commentators post-9/11 often perceive madrasas as places of radical revivalism with a connotation of anti-Americanism and radical extremism, frequently associated in the Western press with Wahhabi attitudes toward non-Muslims. In Arabic the word madrasa simply means "school" and does not imply a political or religious affiliation, radical or otherwise. Madrasas have varied curricula, and are not all religious. Some madrasas in India, for example, have a secularized identity.[85] Although early madrasas were founded primarily to gain "knowledge of God" they also taught subjects such as mathematics and poetry. For example, in the Ottoman Empire, "Madrasahs had seven categories of sciences that were taught, such as: styles of writing, oral sciences like the Arabic language, grammar, rhetoric, and history and intellectual sciences, such as logic."[4] This is similar to the Western world, in which universities began as institutions of the Catholic church.
source:Madrasa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To be fair though there is a struggle in the middle east to fight off the wahhabi take over of Islamic madrasahs as the wahhabi ideology does not believe in the madhabs & teaches strict adherence to the views of Abdul Wahhab. I guess financial backing by a major oil partner can give you that kind of momemtum.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
vskipper - straw man - sorry.

In many cases, even "moderate" Madrasa are primarily focused on rote memorization.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

I think this is a very key point in the problems facing the modern world. Grunt recruits for Islamic fundamentalist military groups can more easily be found among those with less liberal education and less exposure to the thinking of other cultures. These recruits have heard nothing but one side.

outhouse

Atheistically

I think this is a very key point in the problems facing the modern world. Grunt recruits for Islamic fundamentalist military groups can more easily be found among those with less liberal education and less exposure to the thinking of other cultures. These recruits have heard nothing but one side.

Correct.

in some countries they are recruiting for as little as 50$ and a cell phone.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Algeria Travel Warning

The Department of State urges U.S. citizens who travel to Algeria to evaluate carefully the risks posed to their personal safety. There is a high threat of terrorism and kidnappings in Algeria.

that right it's about warning the tourist, because there in some located places in woods , there is still some groups of terrorists .

now you mixed between , between tourism warning and dailly crimes threat !!!!

btw I am not talking about tourism (since USA citizens are threated around the world) , i am talking about citizens safety . I can post to you a dailly (everyday ) gun shoots (assassination) happened in USA from you newspaper today in servel places , but you can not post a single crime gun shoot happaned today in Algeria .

i am not using this subject as provoke against US members , i am post an opinion .

Last edited: