• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims:Proof of hijab

Starsoul

Truth
that's what i'm trying to do. i was pretty much "scared" into doing it from a group that i studied Islam with. i jumped into it and stuck with it (gave it a try) for all these years. i've tried different styles, fabrics, fashions, etc. and i just struggle with it.

i disagree that hijab has been settled a long time though; perhaps it has been for you and those around you, but not amongst a lot of women i speak with. ;) again, i think different people struggle with different things, but the HIJAB is so visible that everyone sees it. no one would really know if i don't pray, fast, etc. do you see what i'm saying? one is no better or worse of a struggle, just more or less visible. i just feel like not wearing the hijab is considered a bigger "sin" than not doing other things...by OTHER people.

Your fears cannot be adressed to if you dont come out in the open about them. You haven't clearly mentioned that whether its the 'vague(in your opinion) ayah' which puts you in doubt, or its the friends that you 'speak' with who are as confused about it as you are.( please dont take my tone to be harsh, i'm a very sweet person :))

Having read your posts, I think its your friends, or the people whose opinions matter to you a lot ,that have not really encouraged and supported you in your decision towards it. And if your friends do not cover up, there's a slim chance that you'll even FEEL like doing it. Our friends, peers, and people who we look upto form a great deal of peer pressure into our lives.

If that is so, then I can only ask you to find like minded people, or be confident in your practice of deen. I can totally relate to what you are going through as I went through this phase too and, I ,too was not appreciated by my peer group because none of them observed the hijab ( what to talk of a veil) and they looked at it a backward thing, not contemporary, not stylish and although they usually kept mum about commenting much over it, it was obvious they did not feel too comfortable around it.

Now, in such situations, one DOES feel bogged own and weird as if you're really loosing out your base with your friends and the chic-circle, and things were much better "when I didnt use to do it, and I feel much confident as a person without a hijab too".
But Really, don't you think that all these are vain thoughts fueled by the shaitan? Do you think that you'll please Allah by surrendering into the nagging of your peer pressure or the likes of those around you? (which ever thing is causing you to overlook your decision) Is that a good excuse from slipping from Hidayat?

In any case, I really think that its your environment that is NOT conducive to your hijab wearing decision, simple as that. Otherwise one would not have any doubts regarding such a decision. It must be difficult to follow such a thing specially when one is living in a non islamic country having friends who are not inclined towards religion at all, or the least. Not that its easy in a Muslim country these days, but people don't really discourage you much because they KNOW its the right thing to do and most of the times they come up, appreciate it and ask for making dua for them to follow it too.

So, inferring from your invisible sketch of personality, i think you are a confident person and very much capable of following the hijab AND highly eligible for telling its merits to your peer group rather than letting THEM instruct you, their inhibitions about Hijab. Trust me, the more confidence you will show about covering yourself properly, the more it would look good on you. Basically its confidence in a person that stands out, and lack of it shows more obviously.

Also, you are very right in pointing out that somethings just are difficult for some people to follow. And that is why there is more reward for those people with Allah SWT because Allah KNOWS what conflicting thoughts they are going through and yet they stead fast onto Hidayat (guidance). If this one thing is difficult for you, I can name several others things which i constantly need to remind myself of doing, but in the end i Just think maybe Allah likes this small act of mine to let me in jannah (heaven), maybe he rewards me for the enormous effort that i put into convincing myself for something i dont really even FEEL like doing but I do it anyway. I fear Allah's displeasure over any sort of social, mental or emotional pressure. If you cross this step ,you will feel the sweetness of Iman that is very precious to let go.

Fear of Allah is, and should be greater than the opinions of the surrounding people who are not capable of giving you guidance, and neither will they give you any reward (sawab) for going their way.Its just a first step overcoming the mountain of conflict, and with just that small act of patience, Allah will make that act not only easy, but much desirable for you :) InshAllah.

In the end I would like to quote a hadees which says,

Prophet Muhammad SAWW said, ' Be careful of whom you choose as friends, as a man (easily) practises the deen of his friends.'

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
To be honest, Islam is not entirely being followed by the Islamic govts. as yet, so just because one or another islamic named govt does something, it gets picked under the name of the religion despite the fact that,that thing is totally Un-Islamic.

true

And as for the identity issue is concerned, I thought a person's name used to be the hall mark of anyone's identity. If you dont know the name of a person or of his parent, you still dont know a person/ cant identify that person. Hijab, veil both are an Islamic symbol and both are said to be the attires that can be followed. Identitites can easily be verified by asking politely and incase of theft, what are the CCtv and fingerprints for? And to be honest, most dacoits did cover their faces even when the veil was not prescribed by Islam and just because all thieves and robbers do cover their faces, they wouldn't stop doing so even if the Uk police drafted a rule against that.

it's time for people to stop dictating what women should and shouldn't wear. of course public safety is an issue, but it too can be worked out peacefully.

Its true that women look more alluring and beautiful in a hijab , must say you finally have reached a deeper understanding of Islam in one small aspect. God probably knew that a veil added to the charm of a woman and also added to her protection, thats why the hijab. But, a woman's beauty is only for a man, not a woman in Islam, so stear clear of that misconception.

looking good for other women hardly makes them a homosexual. women dress for other WOMEN 99% of the time. heck, that's why so many covering Muslim women have "women-only" parties to show off their best clothing, make-up, etc.

I dont want to say this, but a long span of observation has given me a clue about the prevalence of Homosexuals /bisexuals in the western society. It appears that men who come to pair with men seem to be constantly coming from backgrounds of excessive intoxication,(of all kinds) abuse, and a long history of excessive womanizing which makes them totally de-sensitized to women, and hence their natural curiosity for women disappears and they finally hit their dark side which makes them indulge in sexual behaviour with men. Its unnatural and no life can come out of it.

ummm, i suggest you ask the homosexuals/bisexuals how many of them chose to be such...and how abused or intoxicated they were. :confused: what does this have to do with whether HIJAB is PROVEN necessary in the QUR'AN?

Also, homosexuality seems to be the bi-product of men getting de-sensitized by women because they dress up little in the west and its not that difficult finding the ones who are ever so willing to undress. Men are biologically wired to feel 'sexually excited by even a single full glance of a woman' and that wire has sadly been stolen from westren men. All men admit they like to see women, and they dont like it when they cant see much of them, but they do have respect for those who cover themselves, even if that respect means not trying to hit on that woman. Nobody can put a barrier to ones thoughts but there is a stimulus for everything. If you see violence, you will feel sad or pain for the innocent, likewise if you see an attractive woman, you are bound to feel something for her, even if its just appreciation for her looks, ( if you have not been de-sensitized by having looked at too many of them)

no disrespect, but this is utter nonsense. :eek: :(

As for women, there is a long history of growing mis-trust among men and women in the western society, even if they have lived together as a couple before marriage, there is an alarming rate of divorce, just a couple of years after the marriage. If living together for so many years was enough to ensure a steady lifelong relationship, more than half of the American and European couples would not have been divorced several times. And, women in the western society, although seem to enjoy their independence and the way they dress up and mate with men at leisure, there is a large proportion of them who do not see themselves 'fit' for the men of the society either because they dont appear attractive Because better looking women are available for men, or the fact that they have been severly abused, used and emotionally tortured by men in their lives in the past and hence they start feeling secure only in romantic relationship with women. It is unnatural and no life can come out of it too.

what on earth does this all have to do with proving hijab? West-bashing isn't proving hijab is necessary. i don't understand a single point you are trying to make, and i've tried to reread this post several times now. :eek:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
cont'd:

And Lastly, Veil is a very beautiful thing too for Muslim women. Although they do it as a commandment of Allah, it has many unlisted & unnoticed benefits. Search for any skin consultant’s advice or an independent research, you’ll find everybody almost condemning the sun rays for the female skin.
There are innumerable skin disorder caused just by being in the sun, and skin cancers are the gravest of them. You must have heard Dermatologists all over the world, religiously preach to women to " Slather the sunscreen on your faces! never step out of the house without it! put layers of it on your skin so that the barrier between the skin and the sun is almost MECHANICAL.’ And when Muslim women wear a veil, the whole world starts agitating over it calling it a symbol of oppression. I Have not yet known a single drawback of a veil, so if veil was to be tested by science, it would come off with flying colors
And finally, I being in the medical profession, have seen a number of women who wear the veil and those who do not. Its startling to see the skin differences between the two.

Those who use the veil have a STRIKINGLY fresh, glowing , moisturized, healthy and shinning skin. Not to mention, that women who have observed the veil for most of their lives have very few wrinkles after 40s and their skin ages very slow and pleasantly.
You must know that sun rays are very damaging and extremely catalystic for pre-mature wrinkles, pre-mature skin aging, sagging of the skin and age spots.​
It’s a blessing that veiled women do NOT have to go through the expensive youth retaining magic potions, botox injections and surgical/laser skin uplifting. They remain super young for a much longer time than the frequently exposed skin cases.
Hope you find a reason to agree somewhere :)

i agree with your concept, but a) people can wear hats and take them off inside, so the sun isn't really a valid proof that hijab is necessary (the point of my post)...and the Qur'an doesn't say "wear the hijab to protect your skin from the sunrays". Allah is all-knowing, He wouldn't leave that part out. ;)

Your fears cannot be adressed to if you dont come out in the open about them. You haven't clearly mentioned that whether its the 'vague(in your opinion) ayah' which puts you in doubt, or its the friends that you 'speak' with who are as confused about it as you are.( please dont take my tone to be harsh, i'm a very sweet person :))

why does your post have the :mad: icon at the top? i'm sure you are a sweet person...i find it funny when people feel the need to qualify their niceness before they bash you somehow. :p only kidding!!

Having read your posts, I think its your friends, or the people whose opinions matter to you a lot ,that have not really encouraged and supported you in your decision towards it. And if your friends do not cover up, there's a slim chance that you'll even FEEL like doing it. Our friends, peers, and people who we look upto form a great deal of peer pressure into our lives.

the majority of my friends DO cover up. not sure where you got that they don't.

If that is so, then I can only ask you to find like minded people, or be confident in your practice of deen. I can totally relate to what you are going through as I went through this phase too and, I ,too was not appreciated by my peer group because none of them observed the hijab ( what to talk of a veil) and they looked at it a backward thing, not contemporary, not stylish and although they usually kept mum about commenting much over it, it was obvious they did not feel too comfortable around it.

Now, in such situations, one DOES feel bogged own and weird as if you're really loosing out your base with your friends and the chic-circle, and things were much better "when I didnt use to do it, and I feel much confident as a person without a hijab too".
But Really, don't you think that all these are vain thoughts fueled by the shaitan? Do you think that you'll please Allah by surrendering into the nagging of your peer pressure or the likes of those around you? (which ever thing is causing you to overlook your decision) Is that a good excuse from slipping from Hidayat?

i don't think not wearing the hijab assumes a person is vain; i personally find it extremely difficult to function in. i don't think the shaitan has put any thoughts in me; i'm fully capable of making decisions based on logic AND faith. :)

I
n any case, I really think that its your environment that is NOT conducive to your hijab wearing decision, simple as that. Otherwise one would not have any doubts regarding such a decision. It must be difficult to follow such a thing specially when one is living in a non islamic country having friends who are not inclined towards religion at all, or the least. Not that its easy in a Muslim country these days, but people don't really discourage you much because they KNOW its the right thing to do and most of the times they come up, appreciate it and ask for making dua for them to follow it too.

So, inferring from your invisible sketch of personality, i think you are a confident person and very much capable of following the hijab AND highly eligible for telling its merits to your peer group rather than letting THEM instruct you, their inhibitions about Hijab. Trust me, the more confidence you will show about covering yourself properly, the more it would look good on you. Basically its confidence in a person that stands out, and lack of it shows more obviously.

Also, you are very right in pointing out that somethings just are difficult for some people to follow. And that is why there is more reward for those people with Allah SWT because Allah KNOWS what conflicting thoughts they are going through and yet they stead fast onto Hidayat (guidance). If this one thing is difficult for you, I can name several others things which i constantly need to remind myself of doing, but in the end i Just think maybe Allah likes this small act of mine to let me in jannah (heaven), maybe he rewards me for the enormous effort that i put into convincing myself for something i dont really even FEEL like doing but I do it anyway. I fear Allah's displeasure over any sort of social, mental or emotional pressure. If you cross this step ,you will feel the sweetness of Iman that is very precious to let go.

Fear of Allah is, and should be greater than the opinions of the surrounding people who are not capable of giving you guidance, and neither will they give you any reward (sawab) for going their way.Its just a first step overcoming the mountain of conflict, and with just that small act of patience, Allah will make that act not only easy, but much desirable for you :) InshAllah.

In the end I would like to quote a hadees which says,

Prophet Muhammad SAWW said, ' Be careful of whom you choose as friends, as a man (easily) practises the deen of his friends.'

again, the majority of my friends DO cover up. however, i choose my friends based on common interests, family values (having children the same age as my children helps too)...not on their dress code. :D

Starsoul

Truth
[/QUOTE ssainhu]
i agree with your concept, but a) people can wear hats and take them off inside, so the sun isn't really a valid proof that hijab is necessary (the point of my post)...and the Qur'an doesn't say "wear the hijab to protect your skin from the sunrays". Allah is all-knowing, He wouldn't leave that part out.
I was not saying Hijab was 'made' for women to protect themselves from the sun, i listed it only as a merit, adding to the number of functions that it offers. And hats do not cover your face, the sun rays reach even in the shadows, its only a veil that offers maximum protection against the sun :). And Offcorse Allah is All Knowing and All people are not, i was referring to Mewmix's quote for answering what she had said on the previous page, And for those people who Only see it as a saudi symbol of oppression.

If the Prophets Wives convered themselves like that, there is no way any Muslim should find an objection to it, to the extent of calling it unislamic, ill-advised or a cultural thing. Islam is not only about believes and practices, its very much about culture too.

why does your post have the :mad: icon at the top? i'm sure you are a sweet person...i find it funny when people feel the need to qualify their niceness before they bash you somehow.only kidding!!
Sorry, It got there by mistake, I'm new to the forums so i did not even see that before posting, took me long to figure out how it got there but i did see and remove it before you posted your reply :), And i was not bashing you, or trying to qualify as nice, getting a valid point across should not qualify as bashing and since its hard to read expressions through a writing, I'd just fore warned you that my expression isnt BASH or fume at all, but still you took it that way, so wont be doing that in future : ).

the majority of my friends DO cover up. not sure where you got that they don't.
got that from where you said,
i disagree that hijab has been settled a long time though; perhaps it has been for you and those around you, but not amongst a lot of women i speak with
It shows in your statement that a) either your support group does not approve of hijab, b) They are all struggling with it or probably are on the way to discard it, decrease its importance or whatever.

i don't think not wearing the hijab assumes a person is vain; i personally find it extremely difficult to function in. i don't think the shaitan has put any thoughts in me; i'm fully capable of making decisions based on logic AND faith.
How can you say that the shaitan does not put any thoughts into you? It was only the Prophets who were safe from his evil schemes, and besides , it is said in the Quran, several times for Momin people to "Ask for Allah's protection from the doubtful deceptions of the shaitan, and the instances that he puts you in where you have to literally labour yourself out for the right way,(with Allah's help) and the bad omens he confuses us with, the games of logic that he puts you in, and for the protection from shaitan ,the enemy, when he feels immense joy, that comes out of any action that 'I' , a muslim, any human does that displeases Allah and is against the Quran. (I'm quoting meanings of different ayahs here above, because they are in different portions of the Quran, I have memorized the duas, but i still have to remember their exact location)

How can you not know that, when every person walks with shaitan with him from birth till death? what do you think he does, just tire himself out by walking around? No, he has a job to do! :slap: And his job is not to tell you to stop wearing the hijab, he is smarter than that, he'll say," Look, its not there in the Quran!, Allah is nauzubillah 'vague' in the quran so he did not want you to do it." And you will convince yourself to the false conclusion yourself.

i personally find it extremely difficult to function in it
I can understand that too, but your difficulty to function in it has nothing to do with whether its valid in Islam or not. Lets agree that its only 'difficult' for you to function in it, but not impossible. Maybe, its just the beginning so you are not used to it and your hijab slips off your head OR you are yet unaware of nicer ways to wrap it around.:)

And yes, I never said anything against girls dressing up to look good among girls, thats a favourite, whos denying that? ;)

Again, the majority of my friends DO cover up.however,i choose my friends based on common interests,family values(having children the same age as my children helps too).not on their dress code.
Everyone chooses friends based on somewhat of these, and other factors, you missed my point completely, i said either walk confident with the symbol of deen OR if confidence is not the way you feel about your practices, you should look where you can 'Re-affirm' your self confidence about following something, rather than finding holes in your belief or finding ambiguity in the text of Quran. Or you can focus your attention on entirely different aspects of deen for the time being while the hijab issue is bothering you, stop thinking about it completely! do it, but without thinking about it, let a month or so pass.

Coming to your personal interpretation of the veil verse, where you feel Allah is not specific about words or actions,I can counter argue, i can very well say I know several people who drink alcohol and defend themselves vehemently denying that Alcohol is Haram. And their argument is, that 'the word HARAM is not used in the Quran!' Why would Allah be ambiguous about such a thing? '.Isn't that argument 'brilliant'? (nauzubillah)

Astaghfirullah, Do you think Allah forgot being specific about that too? They argue that the word haram is not used in the Quran, so alcohol 'maybe' is 'not good' if consumed in large amounts, but not prohibited at all. Would you believe, such a masterpiece of mis-interpretation to be coming from a holy pious man who is held high in his ranks by Allah? Offcorse not! he is obviously duped by shaitan, and his personal liking of alcohol has made him see the word of God 'vague' and ambiguous, and he twists it into something of his own liking. And who advices such blasphemous actions to man in a way that uproot the basics of deen? IF not shaitan, then who? he puts the idea there, and man convinces himself of it because apparently that person is NOT willing to change his love for alcohol.

Anyhow, like all disciples of this world go, like a Physics astronaut's professor is somebody, who we would prefer to be taught by, were we in that course, like a Consultant medical doctor who is the most educated man eligible enough to teach and explain things to his under grad med students, could we INSTEAD, fooloishly try to get all the books ourselves and educate ourselves at HOME and become a scientist/doctor one day, on our own( even if we did, do you think we'd become astounding professionals?)

Likewise, If the book of Allah was so easily interpretable or understandable, Allah would just land the book, and people would start taking guiding notes from it. There is a reason that we seek a scholar's guide to help us understand, they are very well read on the subjects. There was a reason that a highly eloquent and wise Prophet was sent, with the knowledge of the Book so that he could explain to people what Allah has said. How can you not look into hadees for proof of hijab when it entails the whole life of the prophet? 'Jilbab' is the word used for it in the Quran, and for finding out what jilbab is, one has to refer to ahadees books. And one should not , in any case feel eligible to interpret the Quran without quoting from Ahadees and without taking notes from a scholar. Whatever I have said is nothing of my own, Its from the Quran, hadees and from actual practices of the Prophet's family.

The most important pillar of deen, the namaz has no description in the Quranic text, so can one defy that too? Dont you think that the actions of namaz are extremly vague in the Quran too? (nauzubillah). Like namaz, having being mentioned in the Quran several times,is without minute details, and so is hijab . The word 'Hang, put a cloth over you ' means to put a cloth over you. How? We can see the lives of the prophet's wives and daughters who acted on that verse. And if we dont want to see that, it means that we dont WANT to, it doesn't mean that we are 'trying' to, calling a verse vague means that we are Really trying to get rid of what its implementation could mean and ignoring it as something insignificant, because its hard on our self image or whatever.

I think enough has been said now , dont nag yourself too much, i guess with only time you will come to accept it, but if you leave it now, you'll never be able to do it again, If lets say even if an islamic system comes to prevail and all women start doing it, (most women hesitate because others are not doing it), you will feel pretty left out and will do it then without any tugs at your conscience. Prayers for you :).

Last edited:

Starsoul

Truth
Also, homosexuality seems to be the bi-product of men getting de-sensitized by women because they dress up little in the west and its not that difficult finding the ones who are ever so willing to undress. Men are biologically wired to feel 'sexually excited by even a single full glance of a woman' and that wire has sadly been stolen from westren men. All men admit they like to see women, and they don't like it when they cant see much of them, but they do have respect for those who cover themselves, even if that respect means not trying to hit on that woman. Nobody can put a barrier to ones thoughts but there is a stimulus for everything. If you see violence, you will feel sad or pain for the innocent, likewise if you see an attractive woman, you are bound to feel something for her, even if its just appreciation for her looks, ( if you have not been de-sensitized by having looked at too many of them)

With these and all the comments that you took out of context, I was replying to UltraViloet. i had quoted her, i just dont know how that got misplaced. Again, I'm new here so excuse the errors.

Look, I'm a science student, so when someone tries to attempt their abnormal scientific theories over religion, I have to counter reply them with science, normal human physiology and psychology, because thats how they understand it. The person 'ultravoilet' made a comment about a sister trying to imply that hijab makes a woman look more pretty and she mentioned the fact that for a woman like her, its even more alluring to see women in hijab and it would not stop her from being physical with her.
That was sick to the core and such people need to know how abnormal their origin of twisted physicality seems, with due respect, to people who live in a society with normal human interactions and sound beliefs in moral codes and ethics..
Those who entitle science as a proof of their origin, can also be asked to look into normal human biology, and normal human anthropology. And 'normal' should not make anyone sick.

Regards.

Sahar

Starsoul, welcome to the forum. Your posts are amazing and thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts. :) Very grateful for having someone like you with us in here.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Starsoul, welcome to the forum. Your posts are amazing and thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts. :) Very grateful for having someone like you with us in here.

I second that :yes:
Welcome to RF Starsoul :) Great posts masha'Allah!!!

Cypress

Dragon Mom
If you truly believe that there does not exist a specific dress code for Muslims (because men are included even though we don't discuss them nearly as much
Can you please explain the Islamic dresscode for men?

A specific reply to a specific question like yours that can only be, That Allah has been specific in this ayat. He has said, "

" O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should hang (cast) their outer garments (jilbabs)over their persons (when outside): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as respectable women) and not molested and pestered about. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. "

In this ayah, the Prophet SAWW is being told to tell his wives, the daughters and the believing women to HANG a cloth ,a word jilbab is used in arabic in this ayat for cloth, and surprise surprise, jilbab was the name of the long chaadar (large piece of cloth some women used to wear over themselves to cover themselves when they went out, even before the ayah came, the jilbab was being used in the arab scoiety, but not specifically, probably for protection from heat or other reasons.)

Now, Allah knows that women wore clothes even at that time, so jilbab was and is the extra cloth to cover youself so that you may not be recognized, in shape and form as women's cloth cling to them making their curves prominent.

And the word 'hang the cloth, (jilbab) 'ABOVE you' is used which can imply the few things..tell me what is above you? What is the top most part of you as a human being? Head right? If the ayah had said something about 'below you', would you not have understood? If below the neck was to be said, why would 'above you' be used?
Then, since the demarcation of 'sattar' is that only the face and hands of a woman can be shown,and since in umrah and haj during ibaddaat a woman is to keep her face open, Scholars permit the scarf, but it has to be rememberd that the Prophet's wives hid their face with a cloth as soon as the ayat came, so if the Prophet's wives did not understand Islam well, who did?
So it is required for women to cover their faces too?
Because some veilings also cover the face, some do not.

Also, homosexuality seems to be the bi-product of men getting de-sensitized by women because they dress up little in the west and its not that difficult finding the ones who are ever so willing to undress. Men are biologically wired to feel 'sexually excited by even a single full glance of a woman' and that wire has sadly been stolen from westren men. All men admit they like to see women, and they dont like it when they cant see much of them, but they do have respect for those who cover themselves, even if that respect means not trying to hit on that woman. Nobody can put a barrier to ones thoughts but there is a stimulus for everything. If you see violence, you will feel sad or pain for the innocent, likewise if you see an attractive woman, you are bound to feel something for her, even if its just appreciation for her looks, ( if you have not been de-sensitized by having looked at too many of them)
Are there no homosexuals in Islamic countries?

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
The most important pillar of deen, the namaz has no description in the Quranic text, so can one defy that too? Dont you think that the actions of namaz are extremly vague in the Quran too? (nauzubillah). Like namaz, having being mentioned in the Quran several times,is without minute details, and so is hijab .

Salam Starsoul, :)
If you don't mind, what is "namaz"?

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
never mind. I knew posting this would be a mistake.

and I disagree that if one removes hijab that they can't go back to it. we're going in circles and we'll never agree here...and that's ok, because Islam is flexible.:)

Demonic Kitten

I am fairly certain that this is an interesting thread, but I am unable to read all of it because of the super, extremely too long post (No offense to anyone. I just have a short attention span). Is there anywhere that I can look up the dress codes for Muslims. I would like to know the reasoning behind this out of curiosity.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I am fairly certain that this is an interesting thread, but I am unable to read all of it because of the super, extremely too long post (No offense to anyone. I just have a short attention span). Is there anywhere that I can look up the dress codes for Muslims. I would like to know the reasoning behind this out of curiosity.

lol good luck. the overall theme of the Islamic dress code is modesty. what that entails is going to differ (as you can see in this thread). much of what is required IS left up to interpretation, despite what is being posted in this thread. most websites you'll find will say that the headscarf and possibly the abaya (long dress/coat) is a requirement in Islam. a few will say only the headscarf and loose clothing...a few will say the headscarf isn't a requirement. there will be a few that say even the niqab (veil/face covering) is required, some of those few will say it's not required, but highly recommended...

it's like any other topic; quite variable to say the least. ;)

Demonic Kitten

lol good luck. the overall theme of the Islamic dress code is modesty. what that entails is going to differ (as you can see in this thread). much of what is required IS left up to interpretation, despite what is being posted in this thread. most websites you'll find will say that the headscarf and possibly the abaya (long dress/coat) is a requirement in Islam. a few will say only the headscarf and loose clothing...a few will say the headscarf isn't a requirement. there will be a few that say even the niqab (veil/face covering) is required, some of those few will say it's not required, but highly recommended...

it's like any other topic; quite variable to say the least. ;)

Ah, that makes sense. So basically even though the dress code for a Muslim is modesty that variation of that modesty differs. It probably differs from region to region as well as person to person.

This is a random though (Yes, I have those often) that popped into my head as I was trying to type my response.
If modesty is the dress code then wearing a bathing suit is probably frowned upon so how would one keep cool in all that clothing?

Starsoul

Truth
Salam Starsoul, :)
If you don't mind, what is "namaz"?
Walaikumussalam wa rahmatullahe Wa barakatohu :)

Thank you for your kind appreciation, I'm sorry it's 'sala't' that I was referring to, namaz is the urdu word for it. Thanks for pointing out.:)

Starsoul, welcome to the forum. Your posts are amazing and thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts. :) Very grateful for having someone like you with us in here
JazakAllah to both of you :) The pleasure is all mine :)

Cypress > So it is required for women to cover their faces too?
Because some veilings also cover the face, some do not
That's a Hot one here :) Basically , Muslims have very outstanding and Undisputed Role Models carved out for them By Allah through the Messengers that have been sent by Him. They were the very Essence of perfection in every sense of the word.

So there's little left to wonder regarding practice of religious codes that have been made very clear not only in the Quran's text, but also by Human practice of it, so that there is No question about its practicality in the society.

Today, since good Muslims are not ruling the world anywhere, you will rarely find a true image of Islam being practiced, not that its not there, its very much there in some communities, but not in the bigger picture of 'image of a country' or its rulers.

But, since there have been two acceptable faces of Hijab, One is the scarf and the other is the Face veil ( totally covering the face,without eyes), It is really upto the person to decide which one to carry ,as long as both of them are carrying a signal of modesty and piety. As both aspects of Hijab are accepted, and allowed by Learned Scholars of Islam.

As for the veil, the women in the Prophet's family firmly practiced it, so those who practice it ,do so becaue 'they' practised it, and they were, still are the true Role models for the entire Muslim Ummah, and hold the top most Honorable place among all the women of the world. If the veil was not acceptable by the Prophet, he would have objected or modified it in some way.

Cypress > Are there no homosexuals in Islamic countries?
Not that i know of, or not that it is publicized as, or not that its supposed to be. In islam, homosexuality is a crime of grave nature, (probably because it is a crime against nature). Its penalty is death, no questions asked. So like I said, that Islam is not entirely being practiced yet in the Muslim countries as such, though the laws against homosexuality exist, but If there were any such cases, I don't think they'd risk living in a Muslim country, Because its a highly frowned upon and a highly unacceptable social practice. And since homos cannot enjoy approval, or afford getting public in the society, they have no place in a muslim society. IF they exist,(and that too in rare numbers) they must do so in a highly secretive way, even married to women and their families not knowing whats going on. (that's one possibility of their existence, I cant say for sure though that this is how they move)

And those who would want to exist freely, would rather move to US,UK or Europe. But even though they may carry a muslim name, they have crossed the boundaries of religion and they are not Muslims anymore. Therefore, just because someone is born into a Muslim family, and carries a Muslim name, does not mean He is a practising Muslim. There are many families who carry the muslim names but religion is entirely lacking from their lives, and their life styles are only defined by extreme pursuit of worldly desires.

Last edited:

Starsoul

Truth
never mind. I knew posting this would be a mistake.

and I disagree that if one removes hijab that they can't go back to it. we're going in circles and we'll never agree here...and that's ok, because Islam is flexible.

Ok, now lets just relax and take it easy dear sister:) . Inspite of putting another point of view to you, I did propose for you to not let it go to your head too sudden :), meaning, I did say that you can take your own sweet time for taking a break from 'thinking so obsessively about it'.

That said, i have all the regard for you for putting up the question. It takes guts to.

Contrary to the topic, just want to share something, :)

I don't know how true it is, but real submission to Allah's commandments comes from actually falling in Love with Him, rather than questioning, or keeping a 'safe distance' from the Love of Allah , so that 'we don't have to change ourselves too much' from our own identity. This is something one learns to stop doing when we find out that we love ourselves more than we love anything else, and that's a selfish feeling.

For anyone out there who is in Love with Allah, only he can truly relate to what it feels like. :)

And after one has felt that feeling, it overpowers all your inhibitions about logically challenging the landmarks of religion. And submission all the way is the only true form of obedience that is not only highly desirable but also very comforting :)

All in all, there must be a reason Allah said that 'The Love for the Creator and the love for the Prophets is the foremost priority of Muslims, above the love of their own parents, children and loved ones. '

We Muslims have forgotten that mandatory rule for achieving the key to total submission. Why so? because we have moved so far away from the Quran and the true stories of the Prophets and their ardent followers, the Sahaba's (the companions), the Saadiqeen (The Truthfulls) and the shohadaa'(the martyrs). One must keep a continuous contact with the religiously aware people, and the Ullema,(the Scholars) who narrate the true stories of pure inspiration from Islam. It is only our ignorance which has kept us away from the great insurmountable feeling of Eeman.(Faith)

May Allah Subhanao Ta'lla give us all the the Love for Him and His people and May HE give us true Hidayat (guidance), so that we can bag the best places in Jannah (Heaven, yeah visualize heaven all the time, all obstacles will become easy hehe) :D Aameennn :)

A very Happy Eid Mubarak to all the Muslims out there :)

Last edited:

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's a Hot one here :) Basically , Muslims have very outstanding and Undisputed Role Models carved out for them By Allah through the Messengers that have been sent by Him. They were the very Essence of perfection in every sense of the word.

So there's little left to wonder regarding practice of religious codes that have been made very clear not only in the Quran's text, but also by Human practice of it, so that there is No question about its practicality in the society.

Today, since good Muslims are not ruling the world anywhere, you will rarely find a true image of Islam being practiced, not that its not there, its very much there in some communities, but not in the bigger picture of 'image of a country' or its rulers.

But, since there have been two acceptable faces of Hijab, One is the scarf and the other is the Face veil ( totally covering the face,without eyes), It is really upto the person to decide which one to carry ,as long as both of them are carrying a signal of modesty and piety. As both aspects of Hijab are accepted, and allowed by Learned Scholars of Islam.

As for the veil, the women in the Prophet's family firmly practiced it, so those who practice it ,do so becaue 'they' practised it, and they were, still are the true Role models for the entire Muslim Ummah, and hold the top most Honorable place among all the women of the world. If the veil was not acceptable by the Prophet, he would have objected or modified it in some way.

Face veiling is not a requirement in Islam. If you're not saying that it is, then forgive my misunderstanding, but thats the impression i got.

Not that i know of, or not that it is publicized as, or not that its supposed to be.

There are of course homosexuals in Islamic countries.

In islam, homosexuality is a crime of grave nature, (probably because it is a crime against nature). Its penalty is death, no questions asked.

Having homosexual sex is a grave sin in Islam. Not just being a homosexual. And its not a crime. At least not all Muslims consider it as such.

I don't also believe there is any or should be any punishment for it. The only source that i'm aware of that suggests this is one Hadith. However, that idea contradicts with mere basic logic and common sense to actually believe that there is supposedly a punishment for this "crime", which is supposed to be death. The Quran talks about this subject and it never mentions a punishment.

Starsoul

Truth
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I don't (Nauzubillah) have a superior Opinion On Islam, Muslims CANT have a Critical opinion on Islam, Its perfect And 'The True system of beliefs'. It has been designed by Allah, any human attempting to offer their critical analysis of "should have's and should not have been's" can not be called a believer.

Whatever opinions that I Shared may be called as minute strands of supportive thought (out of reflection of agreeing with Islam in totality),they are not in any way 'Of analytical or of scrutiny' in nature.

I don't also believe there is any or should be any punishment for it.

I'm not going to argue at length with somebody who thinks homosexuality is a virtue. You'll find the answer to that on the day of Judgment. Speaks Highly of your position of '' Superlative Advisory'' to the formulators of the Religion, which is what by the way??

Never Mind.

Sahar

Why not leaving the issue of punishment of homosexuality to other thread? Let us focus on the issue of hijab in here...
I liked the posts here, many of them were enlightening. :)