• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

[Muslims Only] Transsexual in Islam

Shia Muslim believes that transsexual is an illness and people can surgery themselves and become one gender and they are allowed do this work(in Iran every year many people transsexuals themselves) .but Sunni Muftis say this is forbidden that change your gender by surgery .

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
Shia Muslim believes that transsexual is an illness and people can surgery themselves and become one gender and they are allowed do this work(in Iran every year many people transsexuals themselves) .but Sunni Muftis say this is forbidden that change your gender by surgery .
Salaam,
Can you please define what you mean by 'transsexual'?
Wassalaam

Salaam,
Can you please define what you mean by 'transsexual'?
Wassalaam
hello my brother.
of curse.
some men are similar women and their emotions is feminine but their appearance is like men.they surgery and become woman.
on the other side we have women that are like a man and they surgery too.

Raahim

مكتوب
I was wondering was the concept of transexual known in the time when the Prophet ﷺ lived? I have nothing against a person that changes gender if they feel like they will be a better person then, do I understand the need of it? No, because I don't feel that way. To each their own. :)

I was wondering was the concept of transexual known in the time when the Prophet ﷺ lived? I have nothing against a person that changes gender if they feel like they will be a better person then, do I understand the need of it? No, because I don't feel that way. To each their own. :)
perhaps in many years ago was not this phenomenon.
but we should put ourselves in their place.it is very hard and painful.

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
hello my brother.
of curse.
some men are similar women and their emotions is feminine but their appearance is like men.they surgery and become woman.
on the other side we have women that are like a man and they surgery too.

Salaam,
I wouldn't use the word 'curse' in this context. But I'm broadly happy with your definition for a transsexual. Some people whose 'appearance is like men' want to undergo surgery, and ditto some 'women that are like a man'. However, some don't, and some are forced to do so because of familial, cultural, religious and/or societal pressure. And some (perhaps most/all) of them aren't any happier after surgery; in fact, quite the contrary. Should they be forced to undergo surgery?
Wassalaam

Salaam,
I wouldn't use the word 'curse' in this context. But I'm broadly happy with your definition for a transsexual. Some people whose 'appearance is like men' want to undergo surgery, and ditto some 'women that are like a man'. However, some don't, and some are forced to do so because of familial, cultural, religious and/or societal pressure. And some (perhaps most/all) of them aren't any happier after surgery; in fact, quite the contrary. Should they be forced to undergo surgery?
Wassalaam
no.if a person dont like to surgery,noone cant to forced him or her to do.
it is complettle free and personal and dont business business to anyone.
in Iran many do this and many dont.
it is depend of their interest and living.

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
I was wondering was the concept of transexual known in the time when the Prophet ﷺ lived? :)
We should be very careful about categories - and equally careful about the terms gender, sex and sexual orientation - but there were (inevitably) people who lived at the time of the Prophet (s) described as 'mukhannathun' who would fit the description of at least some gender-variant people today.

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
no.if a person dont like to surgery,noone cant to forced him or her to do.
it is complettle free and personal and dont business business to anyone.
in Iran many do this and many dont.
it is depend of their interest and living.

Salaam,
I am happy to hear you say that. What then is your opinion of people whose 'appearance is like men' (or by the same token 'like women') whose natural inclination - indeed need - is to have sexual relations with people with a similar/'the same' appearance (since, arguably, sexual relations are a very human need), and of how they should or shouldn't be treated as a result of doing so?
Wassalaam

Salaam,
I am happy to hear you say that. What then is your opinion of people whose 'appearance is like men' (or by the same token 'like women') whose natural inclination - indeed need - is to have sexual relations with people with a similar/'the same' appearance (since, arguably, sexual relations are a very human need), and of how they should or shouldn't be treated as a result of doing so?
Wassalaam
ok.
we judge with appearance.
if appearance is man should get married with woman and if appearance is woman should get married with man
if a man love men.he is illness and he can getting cure and treated.

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
ok.
we judge with appearance.
if appearance is man should get married with woman and if appearance is woman should get married with man
if a man love men.he is illness and he can getting cure and treated.

Salaam,
Okay, couple of things.
Why judge by appearance? And why should people with 'appearance of man' get married with (someone who has the 'appearance of') a woman and vice versa?
If (someone who has 'the appearance of') a man loves other (people who have 'the appearance of') men, but does not want to undergo surgery (or some other form of 'cure'/'treatment'), but still has a deep-seated (very natural) need to express his love in sexual terms, should they be prevented from/punished for doing so. Should they be forced to marry (someone who has the 'appearance of') a woman?
Also, what of people whose 'appearance' is neither obviously that of 'a man' nor that of 'a woman'?
Wassalaam

I imagine that gender dysphoria existed but it was very much like other emotional or cognitive disorders: It was mislabeled or ignored because people couldn't or wouldn't understand what was going on in the psychology of other people. Imagine how something like schizophrenia or clinical depression might have been viewed back then!

That is very scary!

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason

There where groups like the Balkans.

Who where people of the female sex who swore themselves to virginity and where able to live as men.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
I saw a show last year about this. The girl took hormones to be a guy and she wanted to make an operation to be fully a man.
I remember that he wanted to make the operation in Egypt because there was a famous doctor there -they brought him in the show- but i think the imam said it shouldn't be done or under some conditions.
I don't remember quite well, i don't have have time to re-watch it right now to confirm if in sunism it's forbidden or not.
Maybe if @Godobeyer has some time ... :p not sure that @Smart_Guy or others arabophones understand this dialect.

Ah saw a promo about an other episode don't know if it's about homosexuality or transgenders, i'll tell you that if i watch it.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Maybe if @Godobeyer has some time ... :p not sure that @Smart_Guy or others arabophones understand this dialect.

Ah saw a promo about an other episode don't know if it's about homosexuality or transgenders, i'll tell you that if i watch it.

Salam

The transsexual is forbiden in Quran , I understand from Imam there is cases which required the doctors decision just to fix .not to transform.

وَلَأُضِلَّنَّهُمْ وَلَأُمَنِّيَنَّهُمْ وَلَآمُرَنَّهُمْ فَلَيُبَتِّكُنَّ آذَانَ الْأَنْعَامِ وَلَآمُرَنَّهُمْ فَلَيُغَيِّرُنَّ خَلْقَ اللَّهِ ۚ وَمَنْ يَتَّخِذِ الشَّيْطَانَ وَلِيًّا مِنْ دُونِ اللَّهِ فَقَدْ خَسِرَ خُسْرَانًا مُبِينًا

4/119

And I will mislead them, and I will arouse in them [sinful] desires, and I will command them so they will slit the ears of cattle, and I will command them so they will change the creation of Allah ." And whoever takes Satan as an ally instead of Allah has certainly sustained a clear loss.