• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

[Muslims Only] Transsexual in Islam

Pastek

Sunni muslim
fix body , the sexual organs. (not mental).

-Imam said it's forbiden to transform man to woman or opposite,but if it's about fix organs that ok, so he let it to doctor.

-Doctor said he could make the operation, but and after try to fix the hormons and psychologic treatement for 2 years ,then take the permission of console of Egyptian doctors and Al-Azhar Imam to make the operation to him.

Thanks again.
The girl already changed to be a man by taking hormones, she already look like it.
If the doctor accepted to change her female organs to male organs then it's a transgender operation. So does that means the Egyptian doctor disagree with the tunisian Imam ?
Psychologic treatement what does than mean ? The girl already changed to be a man because she believes she has the wrong body and is a man in reality. I don't understand at all what they think they can do during 2 years.
What is the opinion of Al Azhar ? Sorry for all those questions but i don't understand what is allowed or not...

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Thanks again.
The girl already changed to be a man by taking hormones, she already look like it.
If the doctor accepted to change her female organs to male organs then it's a transgender operation. So does that means the Egyptian doctor disagree with the tunisian Imam ?
Psychologic treatement what does than mean ? The girl already changed to be a man because she believes she has the wrong body and is a man in reality. I don't understand at all what they think they can do during 2 years.
What is the opinion of Al Azhar ? Sorry for all those questions but i don't understand what is allowed or not...
Tunisian Imam said it's not allowed, except in case to fix, NOT to change.

Egyptian doctor said it's possible to make the operation in Egypt ,so they try to fix/orient the mind to be match with origin organs of body.

if mind does not respond, so they make the surgery, remove female organs and put instead of male organs. (I don't know how they could do that!).

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
If doctors said it's should be an operation so they console the Al-azhar Imam. so they get the permission to make the operation.

This is not represent my opinion, I do agree with Tunisian imam.

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
A non-Muslim cannot but act because they do not believe the teachings of Islam. Just as straight men commit adultery and fornication because they do not ascribe to a belief system or a way of life that renders it illegal. And you can never understand why it may be wrong or illegal if you aren't a Muslim. I have said many times now, I'd love to have all the women in the world, but because I know that this is wrong I do not act on such a desire.

Salaam,
So it is only non-Muslims who commit adultery and fornication?
Wassalaam

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
I think I answered this question even before you asked it. My first post in this thread.

I said that our scholars say if a person has both features, then they are allowed to grow up and once they have a stronger orientation towards one gender the features of the other sex are removed through operation and are helped to develop further in the sex that they have chosen through medication, further surgery etc.

I hope this clarifies things a bit better.

Salaam,
So if I am an intersex person who is born with both 'female' and 'male' features in equal measure and as I grow up I realise that I have an equal orientation towards people along both the entire sexual spectrum and the entire gender spectrum, and this orientation does not change throughout my life, what then?
Wassalaam