• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Muslims in Spain declare Jihad on dogs."

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Muslims in Spain Declare Jihad on Dogs :: Hudson New York

What are your thoughts on this? Such audacious arrogance is astounding. What makes such immigrants think that the local culture is obligated to make compromises and concessions in order to accommodate their arbitrary whims? They demand respect and reverence for their own culture while at the same time trying to destroy the culture of others. And of course, those who don't roll over and give in to their demands are labelled "islamophobes" or some similar silliness.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
Wouldnt fly here at all. They pulled that here there would be a manhunt going on.

Citizens there must not be alowed to own guns

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
OP Article said:
Muslims are demanding that dogs be banned from all forms of public transportation including all city buses as well as from all areas frequented by Muslim immigrants.

Muslims in Lérida say the presence of dogs violates their religious freedom and their right to live according to Islamic principles.
And what of the city's other residents' rights to live according to their own values?

I believe you have the freedom to practice your own religion, but I do not believe that you have the right to enforce your religious beliefs upon others. It's just like those atheist campaigns to remove displays celebrating Christmas: you have freedom of religion, not freedom from (the expression of) religion (or, in the OP's case, the lack thereof.)

If dogs are a problem, then avoid contact with dogs-- move to the other side of the sidewalk, move to a different area of the bus or wait for the next one. I don't think it is up to non-believers to create the appropriate environment for believers. It is the believers' responsibility.

Last edited:
Religious fanatics making ridiculous demands seems like par for the course to me.

Also, can anyone tell me how are dogs anymore "unclean" than any other animal?

Tamar

I am Jewish.
Wouldnt fly here at all. They pulled that here there would be a manhunt going on.

Citizens there must not be alowed to own guns

I see you would be part of a vigilante group with your guns? That is as bad as Muslims killing the dogs.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Ridiculous.

The "uncleanliness" of dogs dates back to the time when dogs were rabid and wild. The saliva was considered to be unclean.

People like this make our religion look ignorant.

Tamar

I am Jewish.
No

Its called protecting your pets. Not murdering them.

Its also why we dont have that problem here

But you are talking about guns and a manhunt........

That is not acceptable either, and it is also against the law.......

Here is what you said:

Originally Posted by outhouse

outhouse

Atheistically

Guns are legal here. So is protecting your property. Heaven help someone around here who killed a families dog for religious belief. It would not be one person but a whole community that would solve the problem now, today, not tomorrow.

manhunt was probably the wrong term, they wouldnt have a chance to run here and the sherriff would be the first one after them.

and it is also against the law.......

so is murdering pets

Thats right, great way to commit suicide where I live is to go out and murder a family pet. religious reason or not, your asking for it.

The sherriff here would be the one doing the manhunt to save said person from the people lol

Tamar

I am Jewish.
Guns are legal here. So is protecting your property. Heaven help someone around here who killed a families dog for religious belief. It would not be one person but a whole community that would solve the problem now, today, not tomorrow.

manhunt was probably the wrong term, they wouldnt have a chance to run here and the sherriff would be the first one after them.

so is murdering pets

Thats right, great way to commit suicide where I live is to go out and murder a family pet. religious reason or not, your asking for it.

The sherriff here would be the one doing the manhunt to save said person from the people lol

Thanks for all the reasons guns ought to be outlawed..........

Last edited:
In some countries dogs are raised to be eaten. Different people are going to have different views regarding animals and how they should be treated. However, killing other peoples animals and trying to push your beliefs on others that don't want them is wrong. These Spanish fanatics are only making Muslims look bad and making trouble for themselves.

outhouse

Atheistically

your not in favor of being able to protect your property from those who wish to destroy or steal it?

Maybe you would love to not be able to protect your family :facepalm:

maybe you want to take guns away from the sherriffs department as well :facepalm:

Look up a little document called the Constitution

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Where did the quoted post say anything about guns? Also, why are you trying so hard to hijack the thread?

If you want to talk about guns and morality, start your own conversation. Jeez.

outhouse

Atheistically
Where did the quoted post say anything about guns? Also, why are you trying so hard to hijack the thread?

I used the term manhunt loosely

Tamar

I am Jewish.

I did not start the thread I was just responding to others comments. Others who brought up guns and manhunts first. I am not the only one to respond either.

Here is the message:

Quote:

Quote:
and it is also against the law.......
so is murdering pets

Quote:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I did not start the thread I was just responding to others comments. Others who brought up guns and manhunts first. I am not the only one to respond either.
No, you're the one trying to hijack it. If you were the OP, it wouldn't be hijacking. :facepalm:

I read the exchange, btw... the actual posted exchange, not your hatchet job justification.

Tamar

I am Jewish.
No, you're the one trying to hijack it. If you were the OP, it wouldn't be hijacking. :facepalm:

I read the exchange, btw... the actual posted exchange, not your hatchet job justification.

I actually wasn't but what ever....

The idea of folks taking gun and going after muslims who they perceive to have killed dogs bothered me. so I responded. I won't be back to this forum again.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I actually wasn't but what ever....

The idea of folks taking gun and going after muslims who they perceive to have killed dogs bothered me. so I responded. I won't be back to this forum again.
Fair enough, but it still has nothing to do with the legality of firearms.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It's just like those atheist campaigns to remove displays celebrating Christmas: you have freedom of religion, not freedom from (the expression of) religion (or, in the OP's case, the lack thereof.)

I thought the problem wasn't with the displays themselves, but rather with the use of public (tax payer) land to display them.