• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Muslims in Spain declare Jihad on dogs."

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
welcome to spain, too :/

I know this isn't exactly helpful, but I have a huge peeve regarding spain and animal abuse.

and on La Gomera, where I spent a big chunk of my life, apparently old donkeys were just shoved down the hill to die. and poison for cats and dogs? part of life there, and not a muslim in sight.

What an absolute embarrassment for a supposedly first world country.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
this is funny thread more than serious .
even that if we suppose that some Muslims or christians or jews make errors , the majority could not be guilty or make a religion as a joke.

for exemple
Bin laden is muslim
and Hitler is christain
they are both a bad exemple for their religion and they were not the majority.

outhouse

Atheistically
even that if we suppose that some Muslims or christians or jews make errors , the majority could not be guilty or make a religion as a joke.

for exemple
Bin laden is muslim
and Hitler is christain

Dont pass the buck

you think its a joke to murder dogs in the name of a religion?????

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

for exemple
Bin laden is muslim
and Hitler is christain

Who said that this behavior was representative of all muslims?

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
That though some Muslims believe in Jihad against dogs but it is interesting to note that the Quran actually supports dogs as pets. For there is only one mention of dogs used to secure residences in the Quran and it is used in a positive manner.
I think this is good to highlight. Not all Muslims act in this manner, and it just puts the actions of this group of Muslims in an even more ridiculous light.

make laws against animal abuse, and that would also take care of that "dog jihad".
True. Although, I bet Spain does have animal abuse laws, but the problem is that there just simply isn't the money, or urgency, to enforce those laws.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Dont pass the buck

you think its a joke to murder dogs in the name of a religion?????
I told you it's a joke because Islam , did not allow killing human or animal .

you don't understand my point ,i try say that if some muslims make something wrong by the name of Islam , I against that and God did not accept that and they will be punished.

exaclty as Bin laden and Hitler killed people by name of their religions .

not nom

I bet Spain does have animal abuse laws, but the problem is that there just simply isn't the money, or urgency, to enforce those laws.

no, it's both. there are no national laws, provinces can make their own.

it's not a huge priority on any level it seems.

sure, I may not be up to date. but as of 4 years ago, there were NO NATIONAL ANIMAL PROTECTION LAWS IN SPAIN. <-- and yes, that's screaming.

The dogs left to die after they 'humiliated' their masters | World news | The Observer

There are signs, however, that Spaniards are no longer willing to tolerate the cruel deaths suffered by greyhounds. Last week protesters delivered a petition signed by 50,000 people to the environment ministry in Madrid demanding that the practice be outlawed. Measures being demanded include the registering of ownership of each dog, and the implantation of identity chips so that any animal found abandoned or killed can be identified and the owner contacted.

Ministry officials showed their support but, under Spain's system of devolved powers, it is regional governments and town halls that must enforce the law.

'Unfortunately, on a local level, the politicians are sometimes the same people who hunt with the dogs,' said Sorde.

Popular outrage, however, continues to grow. 'Ordinary people are beginning to react,' says Sorde. 'We have heard cases of hunters out with greyhounds who are being confronted by people shouting "murderers".'

That does not mean, however, that the killings have stopped. Every hunting season the hunters - some of whom breed dozens of dogs a year - choose which greyhounds they want to get rid of. That is the moment campaigners fear most. 'The worst thing is when we find several dogs hung together in clumps of pine trees,' said Sorde.

oh, I know what they mean... the last time I was in spain, I spent an evening with a belly full of hate and a dictionary, looking up phrases like "gangs of murderers" and "cowardly turds", to paint them in huge letters somewhere. then I though that would just **** someone off, and then they will kick their dogs, or worse. NOW I'm thinking, that was weak -- hound them down, don't give them an inch, and then desecrate their graves. yeah you can see how I'm clearly very rational and unbiased about this... I'm gonna bite and scream at a pillow now, brb.

outhouse

Atheistically
exaclty as Bin laden and Hitler killed people by name of their religions .

bin laden used islam against people.

hitler did not, he was just a nut job using political power against a religion

not nom

bin laden used islam against people.

hitler did not, he was just a nut job using political power against a religion

hitler invoked god a lot as well... Adolf Hitler's religious views - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

though I guess that's just obvious, the nazis used *everything* if and as long as it could be used. but nazism itself was nothing if not a religion, IMHO, and that fanatical belief was what the political power was founded on, and which upheld it.

Religion in Nazi Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Religious aspects of Nazism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this is so extremely off-topic though. heh. oh well. if you don't know these articles, read and weep :/

outhouse

Atheistically
hitler invoked god a lot as well... Adolf Hitler's religious views - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

though I guess that's just obvious, the nazis used *everything* if and as long as it could be used. but nazism itself was nothing if not a religion, IMHO, and that fanatical belief was what the political power was founded on, and which upheld it.

Religion in Nazi Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Religious aspects of Nazism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this is so extremely off-topic though. heh. oh well. if you don't know these articles, read and weep :/

but hitler did not run a religious campaign against the world, he murdered jews because he didnt like them.

Religion played a part in his life but it was not a factor in fighting WW2

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
This article is pretty crazy.

There are some absolute nutjobs out there. From my experience, the wariness of dogs seems to be quite common by a fair number of Muslims - but harming them is reserved for a few with serious issues. Sadly, it's not unheard of, even where I live.

Those who do though, in my opinion, forget about the hadith of the prostitute who was forgiven of her sins by Allah because she gave a dog a drink of water.

In my opinion, some people will use religion as an excuse to do what they really want to do, and that's why some focus on things most others don't really bother with.

not nom

but hitler did not run a religious campaign against the world, he murdered jews because he didnt like them.

Religion played a part in his life but it was not a factor in fighting WW2

you got it exactly wrong... there's reason to believe he was NOT a christian -- but he used it, extensively. and that was a factor. germany was predominantly christian, and if nazism had been openly at odds with christianity, stuff would have look much different. but they bought time, they tried to fool people for as long as they could. you see, the communists were the godless people. and antisemitism and christianity go way back anyway.. luther recommended burning all synagoges and throwing dirt over the ruins like 400 years earlier.

and how was the führerprinzip not a religious campaign? the belief in the superiority of the german people?? read those articles, or generally learn a bit or two about the nazis.

not nom

Those who do though, in my opinion, forget about the hadith of the prostitute who was forgiven of her sins by Allah because she gave a dog a drink of water.

you don't wanna go there though: if you accept hadiths as valid, all black dogs need to be killed period. or as summed up here:

• Do not allow a dog in your house as a pet or any other non-necessary reason.
  • When you hear a dog bark at night, say "audhu billah" ("I seek refuge in Allah").
  • Do not own a dog unless used for hunting, or as a guard dog to people or animals such as cattle, or any other necessary reason such as a help to the blind, etc.
  • It is no sin to kill a rabid dog, even in the Masjid
  • If using a dog for hunting, always say "Bismillah" (In the Name of Allah) before releasing it to catch prey. If another dog may have killed the animal other than the one you said "Bismillah" on, then do not eat the animal.
  • Kill a dog that is pure black. Take the pure black dog to the dog pound; they automatically "put down" (i.e. "put to sleep", kill) a dog after a few weeks of no-one claiming the dog.
  • Do not sell a dog for a price.
  • Have mercy on a dog (that is not pure black) who needs help to survive.

outhouse

Atheistically
you got it exactly wrong... there's reason to believe he was NOT a christian -- but he used it, extensively. and that was a factor. germany was predominantly christian, and if nazism had been openly at odds with christianity, stuff would have look much different. but they bought time, they tried to fool people for as long as they could. you see, the communists were the godless people. and antisemitism and christianity go way back anyway.. luther recommended burning all synagoges and throwing dirt over the ruins like 400 years earlier.

and how was the führerprinzip not a religious campaign? the belief in the superiority of the german people?? read those articles, or generally learn a bit or two about the nazis.

You might want to study WW2 and what hitler was really after, but open another thread instead of derailing this one.

Flankerl

What is it about European societies that makes them submit and roll over to the demands of religious fundamentalist immigrants? Why would they surrender their own rights, liberty and way of life? Will they continue to give in until they have nothing left? How did they become so servile and mewling?

I dont know but overall europe got more left over the course of the last century due to obvious reasons(autocratic/fascist countries everywhere) and with that political correctness gets bigger. And sometimes it gets to a point where certain people of a nation think that most/everything people from another culture/nation want is the best. Which of course has nothing to with political correctness, which in itself is stupid.

Or something like that.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
you don't wanna go there though: if you accept hadiths as valid, all black dogs need to be killed period. or as summed up here:

Yeah, that's where it becomes awkward.

However, hadith are not considered to be like the Quran, so can be untrue and fraudulent according to Muslim opinion. If something goes against the Quran, it's an untrue hadith, and checking authenticity is done by going from narrator to narrator and all this jazz - so some hadith can be acceptable, others are considered fraudulent.

However, since I'm not Muslim, it has no effect on my personal life. I'll defer this to our Muslim members to discuss. :)