• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims I admire

Nehustan

Masha' Allah, Allahu akbar....alhamdulillah...
Hey why don't you share your story?
We can start a new thread for you.

Perhaps, tho' I imagine it would be quite boring with no real epiphanies in it. Many of the things that were happening were very experiential, quite often inner and outer world colliding.

people i admire

probilly a lot of people but especially Sayyid Qutb , Imam Hassan al Banna (may Allah have mercy on their souls) , their lives really inspire me.

people i admire these days are the noble Mujahideen from Iraq to Chechenya to Afghanistan to Somalia.

qutb.jpg

Ustadh Sayyid Qutb

albanna.jpg

Shaikh Hassan al Banna

Last edited:

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
why would you admire sami yusuf he is a musician according to the 4 noble Madhhabs Musical Instruments are Haram.
only the daff is allowed for women under certain circumstances

so he is spreading haram music/musical instruments

not a person to admire

Islam doesn't prohibit Halal music which is used in Halal songs, in songs that serves Islam. I consider Sami Yusuf as a da'i (a caller to Islam) in his own domain and by the gift that Allah has bestowed on him.

prominent scholars like Sheikh Al-Ghazali, Sheikh Al-Qaradawi and others argue that music cannot be basically categorized as haram, for they see it as part of a human instinct which Islam came to promote and refine. They see music as something that constitutes an important part of our daily life, whose ruling depends on the way it's utilized; it can be lawfully used or maliciously abused. They see music as something created pure and beautiful, just like fresh air. The fact that air can be polluted by evil deeds of mankind does not render it prohibited. (experted from islamonline)

Please read more...

What does Islam say on Music

itar

a muslim i admire harun yahya
Adnan_Oktar_Agustos2007_3_09.jpg

Harun Yahya is a pen name used by Mr. Adnan Oktar.​
Born in Ankara in 1956, Adnan Oktar is a prominent Turkish intellectual. Completely devoted to moral values and dedicated to communicating the sacred values he cherishes to other people, Oktar started his intellectual struggle in 1979 during his education at Mimar Sinan University's Academy of Fine Arts. During his university years, he carried out detailed research into the prevalent materialistic philosophies and ideologies around him, to the extent of becoming even more knowledgeable about them than their advocates. As a result of his accumulation of knowledge, he has written various books on the fallacy of the theory of evolution. His dedicated intellectual effort against Darwinism and materialism has grown out to be a worldwide phenomenon. Quoting from the 22 April 2000 issue of New Scientist, Mr. Oktar became an "international hero" in communicating the fallacy of the theory of evolution and the fact of creation. The author's intellectual struggle against materialism and Darwinism has frequently been mentioned in such mainly evolutionist publications as National Geographic, Science, New Scientist and NSCE Reports. The English and German editions of the November, 2004, issue of National Geographic referred to the author's works concerning the Fact of Creation. The following quotation from the book The Evolution Deceit was also included: "The theory of evolution is nothing but a deception imposed on us by the dominators of the world system." The author has also produced various works on Zionist racism and Freemasonry and their negative effects on world history and politics. The Zionism criticised by the author in his books is the baseless claims of Zionist extremists pretend to world sovereignty, regard other human beings as worthless entities, maintain that the Jews are the chosen people and that God is theirs alone. Yet the author's writings very definitely do not imply a rejection of the Jews' right to live in peace and security within the borders of their own state.
Harun Yahya - An Invitation to The Truth

harun yahya has made lot of important and amazing researches about the miracles of the quran
it really deserves to be read especially mathematical miracles .

Troublemane

He's not famous, but was a friend of mine, named Sayyed Khareem. He's from Pakistan, was in his late 60's when I met him, and was working two jobs to put his kids through school. His daughter was a librarian and his son was going to school to be a doctor. He said he came to the US so his kids would have a good chance, and it was the first time I started to understand how lucky I was to have been born in the US.

He said he'd been a manager at a jute factory in India, but when war broke out he was taken prisoner. The locals protected him from being killed, since he had hired local workers when the company wanted to bring in outsiders, so he was spared being executed and just went to jail. After the war he was released but couldn't go back to India, so he came to the US. Now as a US citizen he can finally go visit relatives in India. It was good to know him, he was a great inspiration and good man to speak with. :D