• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims can't get saved

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
jonny said:
That's the first time I've ever seen anyone with negative frubals - how does that happen?!?
Negative fruballs can be given (in special circumstances) such as the opening post on this thread. This form of showing a member how 'badly' he/she has done has onnly been used twice since I have been a member - and, believe me, they were deserved.

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
A disbeliever doesn't believe in Allah, so when he dies, he dies. At least he can have a good life before that.
Exactly. No need to worry about any afterlife ninsense. Live good, then die. All I want.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
"Muslims can't get saved"

saved from what? darkness? ignorance? theres fire and education. lets worship that.

Hm... thats one of the main reasons im not as very participatory in religions forums (or any other forum for that matter). I want to focus on this life. We only have this life, lets worry about what comes after when it comes. seriously. Do what you believe in your heart and that is enough i think.

Lenon

The Truth said:
Allah told us that if we showed our sin to others so it's even worse than the sin itself because we have to keep this between us and God and he is the only one who can forgive it and he warned us from doing the bad deed and telling everybody that i did that or that. We just have to keep it and ask for forgivness from God. Also, he said if we saw someone doing a bad thing (that don't harm the socity) so we have to keep his secret and don't tell others what s/he did.

That dosn't mean that i'm saying you are wrong but i'm telling you the situation according to our faith only to share it. :)
Do you think that Allah could have meant that you shouldn't brag about what you did? for instance, it is easy to picture a teenager bragging about something he stole to a friend. this is no way says that confession is a sin as well.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Thus you get the suiciders. That's their one and only best shot of getting the rivers flowing with wine and all the virgins. Well, the men do. Beats having to marry some smelly hairy unknown girl in dressed up in a funeral shroud.
Teehee, I guess that´s how my Muslim boyfriend sees me.

Temporarily Deactive.
saved from what? darkness? ignorance?
Saved from the fundamentalists which give others a bad impression of Islam. Bin
Laden, and the like. Saved from the Al queada, perhaps? This is what they need saving from.

Melody

Malus01 said:
The prophet Muhammad told us; "This material world is a prison to the true believer, but it is a paradise to the disbeliever." That's funny
Well that's one thing I agree with Muhammad on. The more we tie ourselves up in acquiring material possessions, the less our minds are on God. If you don't believe in God, then the acquiring of possessions might be your heaven....or not.

Temporarily Deactive.
But if your theory is correct Melody, the more we believe in God (or allah or whoever) the more we are imprisoned.

Ardhanariswar said:
"I have never been to a church where they taught that once you accept Jesus you can then go cavorting about doing evil and hateing and hurting people with no worries"

its really surprising. a lot of people who identify themselves as christian go to church (many christians dont too) and they act all lovely on sunday. but then for the rest of the days, they are not really....christian. im on this jesus forum, and they dont even act christian, that is, acting how Jesus did, how jesus was loving and accepting. all they do is denounce other religions and cause hate and animosity.

is that what the world needs? no.

great post salem. i need to get a copy of idiots guide to hinduism. yes, its pathetic. but its hard to get an objective view on things nowadays.
To be blunt, such people who go to church on sunday but are despicable the other days of the week are not Christians. Just because someone calls themselves Christian doesnt make it so. Unless someone acts as Jesus did they are simply not Christian nor reserve the right to call themselves Christian.

It is a pity religion blinds us to the beliefs of others.

john313

warrior-poet
Malus 12:9 said:
But if your theory is correct Melody, the more we believe in God (or allah or whoever) the more we are imprisoned.
the more we love God, the more we realize we are trapped in a prison in this world since we long to be closer to God, Allah, YHWH, the Great Spirit.....or whatever language you prefer, in the afterlife, after we are released from the prison of the material world, our physical bodies. those who love the material world do not care about being closer to God because they are happier in their temporary physical bodies. but it is also possible to be happy while in prison :)

Lady Marva said:
There is no concept of salvation in Islam. At least not as Christians view salvation in terms of accepting Jesus Christ as Savior, having faith and belief in Him as the Son of God, which means the soul going to Heaven to be with Jesus and God upon demise of the earthly body.

muslims sort of earn points with giving to charities they are told to give to, praying the proscribed number of times in the proscribed direction every day (which leads to the question of why muslims think allah only exists in Mecca; kinda limits their god), eat the food they are told to, obey their leaders, etc. There is no guarantee of getting to heaven (real nice religion. The god keeps you waiting till you die to know what kind of a grade you got. The ultimate fear factor keeps the masses bowing) EXCEPT by committing the ultimate self-sacrifice when infidels need to be killed.

Thus you get the suiciders. That's their one and only best shot of getting the rivers flowing with wine and all the virgins. Well, the men do. Beats having to marry some smelly hairy unknown girl in dressed up in a funeral shroud.

Wonder what the black widow women suiciders get. Or is it only men allowed into the islamic version of heaven?
For starters what authority have you to make such a claim, you are no better than we are and theres no scientific fact to hold up either of our beliefs so one still has to consider the chance that they might be wrong. That said I will begin my retaliation. The five times prayer, diet restrictions, and etc. arent as easy as one would think as opposed to Christians (no offense) who attend church but once a week etc. The point of these actions is discipline & self-control and to show our willingness to make sacrifices to please God. As far as getting into Heaven I recall a passage in the Second Surrah saying that Muslims, Jews, Christians, Sabians, and whoever believes in One God and the Last Day and acts righteously shall have nothing to fear from their Lord nor shall they grieve. I dont however remember anything about there being virgins (the part about wine is true and even Jesus said that he wouldnt drink from the vine untill everyone was in Heaven). The suicide-bombers are unfortunate people poisoned by a false, perverted, and distorted vision of Islam so in truth Islam doesnt teach the murder of others but wrather self-defense when attacked. My advice next time is before criticizing Islam you should read the Qur'an, no better source than he acctual thing right?

Popeyesays

Muhhamad Abdul Salam said:
For starters what authority have you to make such a claim, you are no better than we are and theres no scientific fact to hold up either of our beliefs so one still has to consider the chance that they might be wrong. That said I will begin my retaliation. The five times prayer, diet restrictions, and etc. arent as easy as one would think as opposed to Christians (no offense) who attend church but once a week etc. The point of these actions is discipline & self-control and to show our willingness to make sacrifices to please God. As far as getting into Heaven I recall a passage in the Second Surrah saying that Muslims, Jews, Christians, Sabians, and whoever believes in One God and the Last Day and acts righteously shall have nothing to fear from their Lord nor shall they grieve. I dont however remember anything about there being virgins (the part about wine is true and even Jesus said that he wouldnt drink from the vine untill everyone was in Heaven). The suicide-bombers are unfortunate people poisoned by a false, perverted, and distorted vision of Islam so in truth Islam doesnt teach the murder of others but wrather self-defense when attacked. My advice next time is before criticizing Islam you should read the Qur'an, no better source than he acctual thing right?
Quite right! And the Qur'an says that Jesus will come to judge the quick and the dead on the day of judgement. The Qur'an says that Jesus was taken up to God.

Salvation is for those who live righteously, accept the love of God and attempt to love their fellow human beings.

Those who use Islam to rabble-rouse are not among those righteous, and their preachings of hatred will condemn them on that day.

Regards,
Scott

Nasrumminallah

Assalaam Walekum to all,
According to most learned scholors of Islam no one on the face of the earth
deserves Heaven on the basis of religious merit. It is the Mercy and Will Of Allah The One Almighty God.
There is a nice story to support this.
There were times when people lived longer lives than they do today. A gentleman lived for 600
years straight and when asked by Allah 'What have you brought?' He said 600 years of worship.
Allah Said to one of his angels go and give him a tour of hell. Saying so they left for the tour. It was so blazing Hot in hell (thats the idea) the gentleman asked for water to the angel. The angel said buddy this is hell not Smokin' Joes. Here you'll get puss and blood to drink. If you need a drink of water you'll have to give 200 years of good deeds.He complied and had a drink and moved on. This happened 2 more times. After the tour was over he had nothing with him. Allah Asked him 'What have you got now?' The gentleman replied in negation. Allah said 'Now put him heavens on behalf of my mercy'.
This goes to show that no one has a birth right over Heaven and Hell. Surely if you leave this world without repentance then you will be asked about the deeds committed and to pardon or not is with Allah.
Yes, Jesus (p.b.o.h)left this world and the sins of man kind were clensed with his departure. But that does not mean that it is still on going even now. I mean sins till that point of time are cleaned. After that if anyone has committed a sin he/she is still accounted for.
Of course the fear factor has to be there. If a child is left alone to whatever he/she feels then the wrong gets to them first but if they know that the parents are watching over then they refrain from doing what they aren't in the first place. This basic human nature.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Salaam a Lekum Nasrumminallah,

(I hope I got that greeting correct!)

As I notice that this is your first time on here, I thought I would take the opportunity to Welcome you to Religious Forums;

I hope that you would feel able to introduce yourself to the other members of the forum, by posting on:- Are you new to ReligiousForums.com?

Please feel free to ask questions, if you have any. You might like to check out our article with links for our newer members; from there, there is also a link to the forum rules which you ought to look at.

I hope you will grow to enjoy this forum, and look forward to seeing your posts.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21

fromthe heart

Yasin said:
I would like to ask how one becomes a Born Again?
and who is the Holy Ghost?
The short of it is that one must accept that Jesus IS the true Son of God...you must confess your sins and ask forgiveness of your sins and when this takes place your name is written in the Lambs book of life...you become sealed as a child of God. In doing this you are now required to live as Jesus stated we are to live. If you slip and commit a sin then you must ask for forgivness of that sin IMMEDIATELY. You are not required to ask for this forgivness through ANYONE else..such as a priest, parent or any other HUMAN on earth...you pray straight to God to be forgiven in Jesus name. When living for God a Christian will receive directions from the Holy Ghost in what God wants you to do on a daily basis. We are not to lean on our own understanding...we are to follow the teachings of Jesus EVERYDAY!!! If you see someone who acts all lovey dovey on Sunday and goes around being hateful,cussing like a sailor, being vindictive...etc. WELL...perhaps they are not a true Christians...true Christians you will know by the fruits (the way they behave even in the worst of situatons). Many think that they Are Christians just because they go to church and act in a certian manner on Sunday but all that zips out the window on monday morning when the go off to work and act impatient with others...have bad things imerge from their mouths...IF these kind of folks ARE in fact Christians they have walked away from God because a true Christian wants only good for their fellow man. In walking for Christ as a Christian you pray daily,you hold your tongue when anger wells up, you know you are a living witness for God and those who do not resemble God in their lives are leading others to assume 'Christian' means we are saved and live like the devil...not so at all...we however are human and can make foolish mistakes just like the next person...but if we cause a dark blot on our souls with sinfullness we WILL be punished...and sometimes really severely. Our bodies are temples of the HOLY GHOST...which is God living within us in Spirit...we can NOT be Christians and live worldly or in darkened lives...God will NOT allow it.

The Holy Ghost is God living (dwelling) inside of the believer. It is God's way to commune with us on a daily basis...it's felt in our conscious HEART.

There is so much more in all of it and a lot of misconception about Christians comes from those who proclaim to be Christians but they are only pretending and lying not only to others but to themselves. If they don't make their lives say God dwells here through accepting Jesus as their personal saviour...Hell will be a reality for these who are pretenders. The facts are clear...You must be born again and baptized...literally inducted into the Family(church) of God. Then the Holy Spirit(Ghost) will come into you to teach you in the ways in which you must go.

I hope I haven't just confused you even further because Christianity is something unbelievers (and I'm not calling you this; it's a general statement) can't comprehend because their hearts are hardened and the dwelling of the Holy Ghost can only enter into the lives of those who emplify GOD.

Respectfully,
FTH:)