• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims and Chrs./Jews swapped role in stoning to death.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Consider the possibility that the Earth rotates and that it also revolves about a Sun which is traveling through an enormous galaxy.
I'm not sure what this has to do with the discussion, but anyway,
Were any of the temples ever built on the same spot?
There were two and both were built upon the same mountain, incidentally (not really) right were the mosque is. God is on record saying the temple has to be built there.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
"Fire up a sanhedrin"???
A temple consists of bricks and mortar. A sanhedrin consists of flesh and blood.
I meant it to be colorful but not in any way disrespectful. 'Fire up' a sanhedrin sounds appropriate, however we can use 'Prime' a new sanhedrin as a less confusing phrase.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm also not sure it's as straightforward as 'Christians don't do this' when they have been well-known to...

-Burn heretics.
-Hang/burn witches.
-Burn Catholics/Protestants/Whatever-they're-not.
-Enforce strict codes of conduct on Jews.
-Hang adulterers and murderers.
-Publicly humiliate thieves and liars.
-Punish people for working on sundays or not going to church on sundays.
-Ban Christmas/theatre/gambling/drinking/dancing/sports/anything fun.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
I'm also not sure it's as straightforward as 'Christians don't do this' when they have been well-known to...

-Burn heretics.
-Hang/burn witches.
Protestants burned people? I thought that was a Catholic thing.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
-Burn heretics.
-Hang/burn witches.
That has always been rare and limited to a time period long ago somewhere in the Middle Ages when Europe was wildly governed by feudal lords and warring kings.

That was mostly done by politicians.

Yes, but sometimes they annoy us.

That is another Middle Ages kind of thing which is still hanging on with certain sects.

Middle Ages and maybe some Republicans but not specifically a Christian practice.

Calvinists do not represent all Christians, and they have really chilled out since they started.

Christmas is a Christian holiday. Gambling establishments are very bad for certain individuals with compulsive gambling problems and while they bring jobs when they come to town they also change a town's culture, so they benefit some at the expense of others. Christians only tried to outlaw drinking that one time in the early 20th century, and other Christians helped bring balance back. Lots of Christians are in sports, and churches sometimes have games. Anything fun? That's hardly fair.

Terry Sampson

I'm also not sure it's as straightforward as 'Christians don't do this' when they have been well-known to.
Excuse me? I thought Ruh was grousing about "stoning", and nothing more. When's the last time you heard of Christians stoning a law-breaker, divine law or otherwise.
If we're going to start comparing abuses, I'd say that that merits a separate thread. Maybe we can work in the Mitnagdim and the Hasidim in the "Honorable Mention" part.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
That has always been rare and limited to a time period long ago somewhere in the Middle Ages when Europe was wildly governed by feudal lords and warring kings.
Actually, the majority of witch-killings happened at the end of the Middle Ages and at the start of the Renaissance and were carried out more by the Church's inquisitors and local courts.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Actually, the majority of witch-killings happened at the end of the Middle Ages and at the start of the Renaissance and were carried out more by the Church's inquisitors and local courts.
I can see you are going to annoy me. I am looking that up.....

I was uninformed about the timing of these witch-killings. Episcopal Inquisition has its roots in the early Middle Ages. I think its the natural result of allowing government to appoint church leaders, church becoming the instrument of government.

Terry Sampson

By the way, ... all's quiet now, but if and when the third temple is built and animal sacrifices begin again, I suspect People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is going to be setting up a picket line around the Temple Mount.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
By the way, ... all's quiet now, but if and when the third temple is built and animal sacrifices begin again, I suspect People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is going to be setting up a picket line around the Temple Mount.
I'm sure that's one of the problems the Messiah will deal with when he comes.