• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Music You Get Ribbed About For Liking

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Is there anything you like that people joke about? Are you a country boy that gets down to Fifty Cent? A church-going elderly lady that groves to Manowar?

I get a lot of beef for enjoying Meat Loaf.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Avril Lavine. Admittedly, she's not great compared to most of my other loves, but for her age? Amazing. Also, if I had a tween daughter, I'd rather she listened to Avril than Britney. Anyway, give the girl a bit more maturity and some real mileage, she has the potential to be great.

I like Meat Loaf, too, but I've never been teased about it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Ha Ha! I like the subject.

Although I like most about everything, the majority of music I enjoy comes from pop rock but I have a particular taste for soft opera. Loll and behold a particular piece from an unlikely source, namely Danny Elfman, who was approached by the American Composers Orchestra and resulted in six movements entitled Serenada Schizophrana with my favorite movement called, U." I forget".

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
OK, I admit it - I like ABBA. Gotta love "Dancin' Queen " and "Fernando!"

For some really weird reason, I also like some really cheesy '70s songs like, "Tie A Yellow Ribbon 'Round the Old Oak Tree" and "Knock Three Times."

Oh, and three other ridiculous songs that make my husband want to throw himself out the truck window when they come on (because I'm singing them at the top of my lungs with my bare feet up on the dashboard):

"Ariel, " "Whip It" and "Big Country!"

"A-a-a-a-a-A-A-A-A- riel!"

"Whip it - into shape...get it straight!"

"In a big country dreams stay with you
Like a lover's voice fires the mountainside
Stay ali-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-ve!"

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Well, on this very forum......if you like U2 you're considered a weirdo. :p

I get teased by my family for listening to old dance tunes. Can't help it, still love 'em. Coolio (Sumpin New), The Dazz Band (Let it Whip), Rick James (SuperFreak), Pink (Let's Get This Party Started)....you get the idea. :D

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Although I like most about everything, the majority of music I enjoy comes from pop rock but I have a particular taste for soft opera. Loll and behold a particular piece from an unlikely source, namely Danny Elfman, who was approached by the American Composers Orchestra and resulted in six movements entitled Serenada Schizophrana with my favorite movement called, U." I forget".
Is that piece on YouTube by chance? :D I'd like to hear it.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
The Bee Gees. My family ribs me to no end because I own every Bee Gees album on CD. Most of which is not disco, btw.

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

:disco:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
So far I like all the music that's been posted on this thread! SCARY!

cardero

Citizen Mod
I get ribbed about my comprehensive Partridge Family, Osmonds, Archies collection. Excuse me for wanting to have a Good Day.

Mrscardero gives me a hard time about listening to my Ann Margaret and Golden Throats CD.

kid

The Key
Avril Lavine. Admittedly, she's not great compared to most of my other loves, but for her age? Amazing. Also, if I had a tween daughter, I'd rather she listened to Avril than Britney. Anyway, give the girl a bit more maturity and some real mileage, she has the potential to be great.

I like Meat Loaf, too, but I've never been teased about it.

I like Avril, I also like the OLD Britney spears.
Where I live, music is misunderstood. All you get here is pop, maybe some techno or rap. But I love Rock, especially Alternative rock, R&B, trance and ....um.... good music in general.

J Bryson

OK, I admit it - I like ABBA. Gotta love "Dancin' Queen " and "Fernando!"

For some really weird reason, I also like some really cheesy '70s songs like, "Tie A Yellow Ribbon 'Round the Old Oak Tree" and "Knock Three Times."

Oh, and three other ridiculous songs that make my husband want to throw himself out the truck window when they come on (because I'm singing them at the top of my lungs with my bare feet up on the dashboard):

"Ariel, " "Whip It" and "Big Country!"

"A-a-a-a-a-A-A-A-A- riel!"

"Whip it - into shape...get it straight!"

"In a big country dreams stay with you
Like a lover's voice fires the mountainside
Stay ali-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-ve!"

I LOVE Big Country. That was my theme song when I first moved up to L.A.

"Lift your head from the floor, come up screaming!"

Mine would be Billy Joel and The Polyphonic Spree. Oh, and The Kingston Trio.