• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MURDER, GENOCIDE, and ATHEISTS.

shmogie

Ah, so God changes and morals change. Makes a lot of sense. God used to command people to kill others, but now he doesn't. LOL okay. :rolleyes:
God doesn´t change, no one died.

Your argument is totally bogus. This was a test of faith for a man who came from a culture where there were human sacrifices to their god/gods. God tested him within the framework he knew.

This is typical of atheists who ignore context, have no knowledge of such things as covenants and laws, they simply hang onto a text totally out of context, then numbly keep pounding on it like a carpenter on a cocaine jag.

Childish.

Of course, your atheist defense of my post and questions are to try and turn it back on my faith, thinking you can rescue some form of moral equality. It doesn´t exist.

Back to the OP;

1) Why have atheists been the most evil mass murderers the world has ever seen ?

2) What is atheist morality ? As far as I can tell, and when I was an atheist, there was no atheist morality standard. One decided as an individual as to what was moral, right, wrong.

One atheist could be a moral light of the community, the other could be a blatant liar and manipulator. atheism says both are right.

So, please tell me what the atheist standard of morality is ?

Audie

Veteran Member

relevant shmogie-quotes

Yep, 4,000 years ago God directed the killing of others.

So what ? It happened, 4,000 years ago. the rules changes 2,000 years ago.

Would I hang you ? nope. And God would never ¨ tell me¨ to do so. God spoke o prophets and thge age of prophets is long gone.

2,000 years ago God directed that no one should murder, murder by the existing civil law, and His law.

The ex-cop in shmogie would recognize how little luck
he would have giving this kind of contradictory testimony

Last edited:

night912

Nice try, but wrong. The main reasons for war have always been economic gain, territorial gain, civil and revolutionary conflicts. According to Philip Axelrod in his monumental " Encyclopedia of War", only 7% of all wars from 8000 BC to the present were religious in nature. If you subtract Islamic wars from the equation, on 3.2 % were of a religious cause. 96% of all wars on the planet had nothing to do with religion.

One need not be in this forum very long to learn that the atheists here, for the most part, are in full attack mode when it comes to Christianity.

One of their favorite lines of attack is to cite the historical violence of some Christians as a brand on all Christians, with the inference that Christianity is itself a failed endeavor.

Actually, there is a bit of truth to this, when the Church and government became one with Constantine, the greed for money and power superseded the Christian sensibilities of many who claimed to be Christians, and in the name of Christianity, murder and genocide occurred. The hybrid monster of the church and state, or the state and church working together for the same goals corrupted the church.

However, for every brutal leader supported by the church, there were many Christians with no government association who lived the Christian lifestyle and followed in the footsteps of Christ.

What was done in the name of Christianity by a corrupt church and government must be recognized, and cannot be defended.

Since atheists like to put the burning tire of murder and genocide on the neck of most any Christian, I thought a look at the atheist track record in this regard would be worthwhile.

I have pages of specific citations, so, if in the following you feel you need a citation for a sentence or paragraph, I will happily supply it.

According to an article by Christian apologist Gregory Koukl, with citations; " The assertion is that religion has caused most of the bloodshed in the world. There are people who make accusations and assertions that are empirically false, this is one of them"According to Le Monde, atheist regimes killed 100 million people in the 20th century, via genocide.

The reign of terror in France, whose leaders were influenced by Diderot, Voltaire, Sade, and Rosseau, who worshiped the cult of reason, murdered 300,000 Frenchmen, most for not being good atheists.,The details of their torture and their slaughter are revolting.

Koukl summarizes by stating that " It is true that religion can possibly produce evil, and generally when we look closer at the detail, it produces evil because the individual people are living in rejection of Christianity and the God that they are supposed to be following.n so it can produce evil but the historical fact is that the outright rejection of God and institutionalizing atheism actually does produce evil at incredible levels"

So what you're saying is that 4% of all wars was caused by religion. Well, that's still 4% more than atheism, since you showed that 96% was caused by economic gain, territorial gain, civil and revolutionary conflicts. Your statement above alone already debunked the claim by Christian apologist Gregory Koukl.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Your problem is that you entered into this conversation as an equal. From now on, I suggest you enter into the conversation as if you are talking to child, because that’s what is really going on. you may have noticed the inflated and brittle ego and the lack of empathy. I share your frustration, but I think sympathy is a better approach.

You are of course correct. It is a failing of mine . I will try and ensure if wont go so far in future

shmogie

So what you're saying is that 4% of all wars was caused by religion. Well, that's still 4% more than atheism, since you showed that 96% was caused by economic gain, territorial gain, civil and revolutionary conflicts. Your statement above alone already debunked the claim by Christian apologist Gregory Koukl.
Right. Atheists remain the greatest mass killers in history.

shmogie

Wrong, but i wouldn't expect you to recognise fact. And still you have not provided names. Why is that?
No, I am absolutely correct. Mao, Stalin, all the presidents and premiers of the soviet union, ditto for China,Pot, Milosovich, Lenin, Beria, Castro, The Romanian despot ( I forget his name), Minh, Margaret Sanger, and others, all atheists, all mass murderers, all running up a horrendous and huge score.

You want to major in minors. Your MO is to attempt to quibble over little things so the greater thing can be ignored. You declare victory, while totally ignoring the issue.

I watched you try it recently with another, and you got cut to shreds in the process.

I won´t play the game with you.

ChristineM

Premium Member
No, I am absolutely correct. Mao, Stalin, all the presidents and premiers of the soviet union, ditto for China,Pot, Milosovich, Lenin, Beria, Castro, The Romanian despot ( I forget his name), Minh, Margaret Sanger, and others, all atheists, all mass murderers, all running up a horrendous and huge score.

You want to major in minors. Your MO is to attempt to quibble over little things so the greater thing can be ignored. You declare victory, while totally ignoring the issue.

I watched you try it recently with another, and you got cut to shreds in the process.

I won´t play the game with you.

Because you know you cant win the game with me.

Stalin was georgian orthodox christian, Pol Pot was a buddhist who was educated at catholic school. Milosovich was orthodox christian, Castro was catholic and very spiritual man... Want to play some more?

Did you see my list...,EIGHT HUNDRED MILLION + deaths is not a little thing no matter how you try to whitewash it in the name of religion. Nor is verbal abuse.

Please be good enough to put you money where your mouth is and show where you claim i was cut to shreds

Audie

Veteran Member

Stalin was georgian orthodox christian, Pol Pot was a buddhist who was educated at catholic school. Milosovich was orthodox christian, Castro was catholic and very spiritual man... Want to play some more?

Did you see my list...,EIGHT HUNDRED MILLION + deaths is not a little thing no matter how you try to whitewash it in the name of religion. Nor is verbal abuse.

Please be good enough to put you money where your mouth is and show where you claim i was cut to shreds

I should not have pointed out how nonsensical is
his claim that god would not give him "go cut
atheists to shreds" orders.

I wonder btw how any christian could drop
an A bomb. How do they figure it is ok?

Curious George

Veteran Member
The Indian historian Professor K.S. Lal estimates that the Hindu population in India decreased by 80 million between 1000 AD and 1525 AD, an extermination unparalleled in World history.

1. The population of India was c67 million in 1000AD, so unless there were around -13million Hindus in 1525...
Your math does not add up. Note that the numbers were over a 425 year period. This means that we are discussing only .3% of the population each year if your estimate is correct.

There does not need to be -x Hindus in 1525.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I should not have pointed out how nonsensical is
his claim that god would not give him "go cut
atheists to shreds" orders.

I wonder btw how any christian could drop
an A bomb. How do they figure it is ok?

The only country to have used nukes on combat is the USA, o god fearing county of christians with a secret handshake club that prevents you getting into such s position that you can order nuclear destruction of 2 cities without being a member of that club.

Your math does not add up. Note that the numbers were over a 425 year period. This means that we are discussing only .3% of the population each year if your estimate is correct.

There does not need to be -x Hindus in 1525.

The expression was 'the Hindu population in India decreased by 80 million between 1000 AD and 1525 AD', not 80 million were killed in this period.

I decided to look this up quickly and the mistake is made by the website, not the original author who actually does say 80 million were killed, rather than 'decreased by'. He also starts with a population estimate of 200 million in 1000AD though, whereas historical demographers generally estimate 65-75million.

shmogie

The only country to have used nukes on combat is the USA, o god fearing county of christians with a secret handshake club that prevents you getting into such s position that you can order nuclear destruction of 2 cities without being a member of that club.
The Japanese would not surrender, based upon all of the islands taken from the Japanese, American casualties taking the homeland would be 100,000 dead. Thus, the bomb. They would not surrender after the first, thus the second bomb.

ChristineM

Premium Member
The Japanese would not surrender, based upon all of the islands taken from the Japanese, American casualties taking the homeland would be 100,000 dead. Thus, the bomb. They would not surrender after the first, thus the second bomb.

Cool .you can justify it. Must make you feel great

Yes i know the story, consider, america would nor surrender either but america has the biggest bombs so that makes it all good... Sheesh.

Audie

Veteran Member
I wonder if anyone has done an actual scholarly
study on the role of atheism in wars and genocide.

Or for that matter, on any difference in morality,
as expressed in action, between the theist and the atheist.

The OP is scarcely unbiased, or scholarly either one,
but then neither are the responses.

It actually would be interesting, chips fall as may,
and all.

shmogie

Cool .you can justify it. Must make you feel great

Yes i know the story, consider, america would nor surrender either but america has the biggest bombs so that makes it all good... Sheesh.
Total war is total war. It isn´t good, are you insane ?

It was necessary. Do you propose that the US just starve them out ? How many do you think would die in that process ?

Or, should we have attacked and lost, 100,000 American soldiers, and kill 5 times that amount ?

Or maybe we should have just kept razing their cities with incendiary bombs, what is a few hundred thousand dead, as long it isn´t by a weapon designed to end the war.

Maybe we should just have ignored them, and tell the survivors of their genocide in China, the Philippines, Burma, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Gilbert Islands, etc. to keep an eye out, they might be back.

Yes, America would not surrender, we would have defended the borders of our nation fiercely. Unlike France in 1870, 1914, and 1940.

shmogie

Your response is simply nonsense.

Stalin was born into an Orthodox family, he was an atheist, else why would he have developed an atheist 5 year plan, 1932-37. He declared himself an atheist many times. Ditto for Pol pot.

Castro began his revolution as a deist, possibly a Christian. No one knows for sure if he died that way or not. His revolution became more and more anti religion, and the upper level was composed of atheists. His statements are contradictory.

You are right about Milosovich, I confused him with Joseph Broz Tito, same area, just earlier.

And what verbal abuse have you received from me ?

Your list was proven to be bogus, an internet circulating bit of bad information.