• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muhammad. Mastermind or Prophet?

Audie

Veteran Member
Have you personally followed the teachings of Jesus? Do you agree or disagree with His teachings?

Throw the theological and mystical side of Jesus out the window, and ask yourself if you agree with His teachings.

I'll be keen to know your thoughts.

In peace

Can you be specific?

In general, the "teachings" are nothing new or
unique. It is the same as we are taught at home,
but without the supernatural overlay.

Can you be specific?

In general, the "teachings" are nothing new or
unique. It is the same as we are taught at home,
but without the supernatural overlay.
Luke 14:33, "Anyone who does not forsake all that they have cannot be my disciple."

Matt 6:24," No man can serve two master; for either he will hate the one and love the other; or he will stick to the one and despise the other; No man can serve both God and mammon (Money).

Were you told that Jesus wants you to forsake all your possessions? How about not worrying about getting a career/job, since Jesus taught us not to serve/work for money? Are these teachings new to you?

In peace

Audie

Veteran Member
Luke 14:33, "Anyone who does not forsake all that they have cannot be my disciple."

Matt 6:24," No man can serve two master; for either he will hate the one and love the other; or he will stick to the one and despise the other; No man can serve both God and mammon (Money).

Were you told that Jesus wants you to forsake all your possessions? How about not worrying about getting a career/job, since Jesus taught us not to serve/work for money? Are these teachings new to you?

In peace

I know Christianity better than full many a Christian does.

None of those teachings are of any interest to me, other
than seeing how nominal christians observe them in the breach.

What is it to you, to ask me?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Muhammad is one of the most influential humans to have ever lived.

Through him a religion formed denying the God of the popular Christianity, which at that time is remarkable.

Today Muhammad is the most common first name in the world.

Regardless of his intent he was able to form a huge following that still claims he was a perfect being and example to live by.

Yet, he was a military war leader who led many bloody battles. He did the dirty with a 9 year old. He had more women than Hugh Hef (peace be upon Hugh.) Etc.

So my question.. Do you think Muhammad believed what he preached and thought he was doing good?
Or..

Do you think he was consciously just wanting power and control manipulating minds of others?

I do not believe that is the case.

I believe he believed he was serving God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The big M, in himself, did not amount to much.

Like with "Jesus", ot Joseph Smith, obscure figures
were fluffed up by others who had their own
reasons to do so.

That is not obvious?

I believe all the fluff is in your thinking. God does not need a PR man. Mohammed might.

Audie

Veteran Member
I believe all the fluff is in your thinking. God does not need a PR man. Mohammed might.

I guess that is why "god" always speaks to us directly,
none of them middlemen.

Of course, you are assuming that there is a god, that
your chosen spokesman is the real deal, and that
you know a lot about what god needs and dont.

All that your "god" is, is a buncha fluff. Every last
god, demon, sprite, angel, nymph etc and blah
every dreamed up every last stinking religion ever.

Audie

Veteran Member
I believe I have to hand it to the Arcadians (people from Nova Scotia) One of my ancestors was name Selena and another Seretha. Definitely more unique than Mary and Jane.

It is impossible to be more unique, or less unique.

Audie

Veteran Member
Wrong. Another definition of unique is unusual.
He was speaking of names and using that definition, as muffled stated, Selena and Seretha are definitely more unique than Mary and Jane.

Right you are, down at #5 we find-
not typical; unusual:

12jtartar

Premium Member
If Muhammad was not Messenger of God, Jesus would have come down and let us know, so too many people don''t get misled by such a false prophet. Is not God able to do that, or doesn't He care for people to follow the true Christ?
Muhammad said in the Quran, God does not have a son. Billions of Muslims believed Muhammad. If what Muhammad says about God is false, why He does not come down to defend Himself? Is He powerless to do that, or unaware?

Investigate the truth,
I believe that Muhammad did not make his appearance until around 600 years After Jesus walked on earth.

Faithofchristian

Through him a religion formed denying the God of the popular Christianity, which at that time is remarkable.

Regardless of his intent he was able to form a huge following that still claims he was a perfect being and example to live by.

Yet, he was a military war leader who led many bloody battles. He did the dirty with a 9 year old. He had more women than Hugh Hef (peace be upon Hugh.) Etc.

So my question.. Do you think Muhammad believed what he preached and thought he was doing good?
Or..
Do you think he was consciously just wanting power and control manipulating minds of others?

To answer the Thread ( Muhammad, Mastermine or Prophet)

I would have to say, Muhammad was more of a Mastermind than a prophet.

Muhammad has many fooled into believing he's a prophet.

But seeing 625 years before Muhammad was born and raised in the desert, Christ Jesus foretold all about a false prophet in the desert.
Matthew 24:23-26.
Note that Christ Jesus pointing to the desert a false will be found in verse 26
Muhammad is only the self proclaim prophet in the desert.
Bringing the fulfillment of the prophecy that Christ Jesus gave back 625 years before Muhammad was born.

gnostic

The Lost One
I actually didn’t know much about Muhammad or about Islam itself, because it was never really big in Australia, not until 9-11.

Before 9-11, I simply didn’t care what Islam is all about, and didn’t care if Muhammad was a prophet or not.

To me, I treated Muhammad the same way I treat what I do or don’t want to eat.

For instance, I don’t care for the taste of turkey, crab or octopus, but I don’t try to force others to share my dislike for its taste, but I also expect people not to force me to eat and like turkey, crab and octopus. So I don’t care what other people want to eat because they are free to like what they want to eat or what they dislike and don’t want to eat.

So I didn’t care about people believing Muhammad to being a prophet or not believing him to be a prophet, because it never mattered to me, so I wasn’t interested in learning more about Muhammad or about Islam.

Like I understand the wars and attacks that have been going on in the Middle East, like that of civil war in Lebanon in the 1970s or tit for tat attack and retaliation between Israelis and Palestinians that have been going on for decades, or the Russians fighting the Afghans, and the revolution in Iran, etc that all predated 9-11, I was aware of all this, but it was so far away from Australia, so I really didn’t care what going on in the Middle East. Wars were political and social issues, and I wasn’t interested in politics or in wars.

My point is that foreign politics and foreign wars were of no interests to me, particularly what was going on in the Middle East.

Then everything changed with 9-11, and that tragedy pushed both Islam and Muhammad in the spotlight. And how I looked at politics and other related issues...well, everything changed that day.

Until 9-11, I didn’t know anything about Osama bin Laden, or about the al-Qaeda or the Talibans. Middle Eastern politics and wars simply didn’t interest me, but because Australia was ally to the US since World War II, I had to face the bloody fact that PM John Howard was going to support bloody George Bush junior and he was going to push Australian troops into the war(s) with enemies that has politics that I don’t understand.

What I didn’t understand that Muslims have tendencies to mix current politics, wars and social issues with their religion. In a country, like Australia, where Australians were predominantly Christians, it was politically secular - the law and policies were secular. And being of Chinese background living in Australian suburb, I didn’t understand with others would enmesh religion with politics.

Politics is already messy without religion interference, but a combination of politics and religion was to me, a big unstable timebomb catastrophe that could detonate prematurely at the slightest vibration.

And I was already seeing that it was going to happen.

And Islam kept getting into dragged into limelight because it kept getting used by terrorists.

What does anything have to do with Muhammad?

Yes, I was getting sidetracked, but what I wanted to say is that 9-11 has made me face what I didn’t want to know about - Islam. If 9-11 didn’t happen, I probably would have continued to ignore Islam.

You cannot learn a thing about Islam without learning more about Muhammad.

And to put it simply, the more I learned about Muhammad, the less I like about him, prophet or not prophet.

Edit:

I am not saying that Islam support or equate with terrorism, but how my attention to Islam for the first time. If 9-11 didn’t happen, I probably would have continue to ignore Islam.

Remté

To answer the Thread ( Muhammad, Mastermine or Prophet)

I would have to say, Muhammad was more of a Mastermind than a prophet.

Muhammad has many fooled into believing he's a prophet.

But seeing 625 years before Muhammad was born and raised in the desert, Christ Jesus foretold all about a false prophet in the desert.
Matthew 24:23-26.
Note that Christ Jesus pointing to the desert a false will be found in verse 26
Muhammad is only the self proclaim prophet in the desert.
Bringing the fulfillment of the prophecy that Christ Jesus gave back 625 years before Muhammad was born.
What makes you think it speaks of Muhammad? There's a lot of deserts in the world.

Remté

He didn't create this following that worships him as though he was a God. He created a following and then some people forged a new message claiming it was his.

Christians and Muslims have the same God.

Faithofchristian

What makes you think it speaks of Muhammad? There's a lot of deserts in the world.

Yeah and at the time of Christ Jesus there was only one desert that was close by the people of Israel. So all it takes is common sense to know what desert Christ Jesus was speaking about.

To day this desert is called the Arabian desert. The same desert that Muhammad was born in and lived in.

Faithofchristian

He didn't create this following that worships him as though he was a God. He created a following and then some people forged a new message claiming it was his.

Christians and Muslims have the same God.

Nope not at all do Christians and Muslims have the same God.

Remté

Yeah and at the time of Christ Jesus there was only one desert that was close by the people of Israel. So all it takes is common sense to know what desert Christ Jesus was speaking about.

To day this desert is called the Arabian desert. The same desert that Muhammad was born in and lived in.
Did Jesus say it was the desert nearest to him? What about the Syrian desert? The arabian desert is about 900 000 square miles in size.