• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muhammad. Mastermind or Prophet?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sounds sweet, but I dont think any of it is true.

That is your choice and in the end we live with the choices we make as our life unfolds because of them.

I wish for you all the best choices.

If you have not watched the 1970 movie about Muhammad, it is useful as it was made to give a just look of what unfolded.

It is nearly 3 hrs long and no on can act as Muhammad.

Regards Tony

Audie

Veteran Member
That is your choice and in the end we live with the choices we make as our life unfolds because of them.

I wish for you all the best choices.

If you have not watched the 1970 movie about Muhammad, it is useful as it was made to give a just look of what unfolded.

It is nearly 3 hrs long and no on can act as Muhammad.

Regards Tony

Actually, I do not and cannot just choose
what to believe.

Self deception has no appeal in any case.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. :D

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
what to believe.

:D

Definitely not a choice. If you ask a little kid if they like apples or oranges more, they might pause and think about it, but the 'choice' will have already been made, just by natural inclination of their persona. They can't choose to like one over the other.

Audie

Veteran Member
Definitely not a choice. If you ask a little kid if they like apples or oranges more, they might pause and think about it, but the 'choice' will have already been made, just by natural inclination of their persona. They can't choose to like one over the other.

Our religionists so consistently speak one way or
another of the choice to believe!

It certainly gives reason to think the whole basis for
religionism is self deception.

Especially when you see the weird n wacky things people say
they believe!

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Our religionists so consistently speak one way or
another of the choice to believe!

Then again, the same people think it's a choice to be gay. Odd that they don't think it's your choice to be male or female.

Last edited:
In what sense can you say that some person,
place, or event was real if only, say, 5% of the
record is true?
This is why you need to be evidence based. If you go around doubting everything even things with evidence you will never get anywhere. Take apostle paul for example: he regularly signs off his letters with his name therefore an EVIDENCE BASED person will conclude he wrote them. Now you could come in with some theory about how secret organizations made these letters up but that us not an evidence based idea is it? Unfortunately some scholars and writers do make wild sensational claims ( like the da vinci code) to sell books. The kind of books i suspect you buy.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
This is why you need to be evidence based. If you go around doubting everything even things with evidence you will never get anywhere. Take apostle paul for example: he regularly signs off his letters with his name therefore an EVIDENCE BASED person will conclude he wrote them. Now you could come in with some theory about how secret organizations made these letters up but that us not an evidence based idea is it? Unfortunately some scholars and writers do make wild sensational claims ( like the da vinci code) to sell books. The kind of books i suspect you buy.

A name on the end of a letter is evidence? Ever heard of a forged signature?

Audie

Veteran Member
The way you make things up about me is not evidence favourable to your credibikity.

What do you think of the evidence that the "god" character in your chosen
book is some kind of psycho monster?

Sending a killer to slaughter the innocent first born of Egypt!

Then there is the flood.

You are definitely not the one to talk about evidence with me.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
what to believe.

Self deception has no appeal in any case.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. :D

I would ask, did you choose to watch the movie or did you choose not to.

Change within us, starts with these choices.

Regards Tony

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, look who deigns to share a few of his
pearls of Truth upon the benighted below.

We most humbly send up our thanks.

humour is a risky proposition on RF and easily misconstrued. I avoid giving or taking offence. All the best. :)

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
All that may be true and it may not.
It has nothing to do with my post tho.
If you want to preach, then preach, but dont do it
pretending you are responding to my post.

Actually, the first thing you said is false at least to
the extent that it would take "god" to say if there
was a flood or not. There was no flood.

It was my sincere attempt to address your post without any other motive or intention.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
If someone sends you a letter with a salutation you dont just assume their name is forged
Obviously not. although those letters I get from Nigeria telling me I just won $2 345 123 in the International Kingdom Society Lottery might be, I'm guessing.

Have you ever read a novel, that was totally fiction, and there were letters inside, like Dear God, It's Margaret ?

Given the antiquity involved here, only a sane person would be suspicious.

You only ask about "Jesus". Why?

People found reason to promote all the other false
prophets, but the one you choose to believe
in, that one is the real deal.

I will leave you to figure it out. If I say, you
will just dig in deeper.
Have you personally followed the teachings of Jesus? Do you agree or disagree with His teachings?

Throw the theological and mystical side of Jesus out the window, and ask yourself if you agree with His teachings.

I'll be keen to know your thoughts.

In peace

Audie

Veteran Member
Obviously not. although those letters I get from Nigeria telling me I just won $2 345 123 in the International Kingdom Society Lottery might be, I'm guessing.

Have you ever read a novel, that was totally fiction, and there were letters inside, like Dear God, It's Margaret ?

Given the antiquity involved here, only a sane person would be suspicious.

But aren't they the original letters, all intact, same handwriting, all
carbon dated to the same time??