• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muhammad. Mastermind or Prophet?

Muhammad is one of the most influential humans to have ever lived.

Through him a religion formed denying the God of the popular Christianity, which at that time is remarkable.

Today Muhammad is the most common first name in the world.

Regardless of his intent he was able to form a huge following that still claims he was a perfect being and example to live by.

Yet, he was a military war leader who led many bloody battles. He did the dirty with a 9 year old. He had more women than Hugh Hef (peace be upon Hugh.) Etc.

So my question.. Do you think Muhammad believed what he preached and thought he was doing good?
Or..
Do you think he was consciously just wanting power and control manipulating minds of others?

Audie

Veteran Member
The big M, in himself, did not amount to much.

Like with "Jesus", ot Joseph Smith, obscure figures
were fluffed up by others who had their own
reasons to do so.

That is not obvious?

reasons to do so.

That is not obvious?

They made world religions. That adds up. Why would ancients fluff up jesus? He talks about destroying the jewish temple, picks at jewish leaders, degrades pagan gods, etc really if you look at it all he did was make people angry to the point he was executed. Dont forget he claimed to be god all the way to his execution which is why he was mocked because common sense says if your god you wont die by execution! He really sounded crazy!

reasons to do so.

That is not obvious?
I'm no one to speak on what appears obvious or not. Yes, others gave them their legacy but for good reason.

Audie

Veteran Member
They made world religions. That adds up. Why would ancients fluff up jesus? He talks about destroying the jewish temple, picks at jewish leaders, degrades pagan gods, etc really if you look at it all he did was make people angry to the point he was executed. Dont forget he claimed to be god all the way to his execution which is why he was mocked because common sense says if your god you wont die by execution! He really sounded crazy!

You only ask about "Jesus". Why?

People found reason to promote all the other false
prophets, but the one you choose to believe
in, that one is the real deal.

I will leave you to figure it out. If I say, you
will just dig in deeper.

will just dig in deeper.
I would say every so called prophet was promoted as well as called false so it really isn't applicable to my question if Muhammad had evil intent or if he thought he was doing good .

Audie

Veteran Member
I would say every so called prophet was promoted as well as called false so it really isn't applicable to my question if Muhammad had evil intent or if he thought he was doing good .

How do you know his intent? Nobody does.

Fact is, an awful lot of people have come up with
ideas how to lead people. Shall we name some more?

Jim Jones?

How do you know his intent? Nobody does.

Fact is, an awful lot of people have come up with
ideas how to lead people. Shall we name some more?

Jim Jones?
I don't know his intent. Haven't claimed to know his intent. I never once even stated what I thought. The OP was asking others what their opinion was.. Nothing more.. Nothing less. Everything you have replied has been 100% irrelevant to the question I asked.

will just dig in deeper.

I asked because the other options do make sense in how they rose to popularity. Muhammad united a bunch of clans to take over land. Joseph smith borrowed heavly from christianity so that kind of goes back to my first response. Jesus is alot more unique heck people wanted to crown him king but he refused.

reasons to do so.

That is not obvious?

If you knew anything about ancient culture of jesus time the jews are convinced they are Gods special people. They were also under roman rule and were constantly fighting against them for independence. The jews were convinced the messiah would lead this fight. However jesus never was a military leader and instead insisted on teaching a path of salvation from sins which is kind of pointless because the jews already had a sacrificial system. Judaism was actually kind of a spectacle to the rest of the pagan world the romans were all like "those jews are weird but as long as they pay taxes and stay quiet whatever and who is that rogue jew that says the amighty Zeus doesnt exist and ceaser is not the real king?" Theres no reason to fluff up jesus. Anyone who says christianity was a religion for the masses simply has no cultural context of jesus time. The real question is how the heck did christianity spread?

Audie

Veteran Member
If you knew anything about ancient culture of jesus time the jews are convinced they are Gods special people. They were also under roman rule and were constantly fighting against them for independence. The jews were convinced the messiah would lead this fight. However jesus never was a military leader and instead insisted on teaching a path of salvation from sins which is kind of pointless because the jews already had a sacrificial system. Judaism was actually kind of a spectacle to the rest of the pagan world the romans were all like "those jews are weird but as long as they pay taxes and stay quiet whatever and who is that rogue jew that says the amighty Zeus doesnt exist and ceaser is not the real king?" Theres no reason to fluff up jesus. Anyone who says christianity was a religion for the masses simply has no cultural context of jesus time. The real question is how the heck did christianity spread?

Ah so your original question was a not the real question,
besides being a false dichotomy.

How did it spread? Same way as other "messages"
from fakes. Like say, J Smith and his gold books
and those who found reason to fluff it up.

And BTW, you assume wrongly that I am unaware of
the context of "Jesus" in time and place.

I know more about the bible etc than most
"Christians".

"Christians".
Its a question that your question lead to.
"Found reason to fluff it up?" I think you need to ponder what i said more.

"Christians".

And mormonism is a spin off of an accepted religion ( christianity) its not that hard to get off the ground in comparison to christianity which was totally different from other religions and started out insulting the accepted religions of the time.