• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mr. Madoff Goes to Jail

J Bryson

I don't understand why he pleaded guilty.

The best bet is that the evidence was overwhelmingly against him, the DA was unwilling to offer a deal due to the enormity of the crime, and he realized that his best and only hope was to throw himself on the mercy of the court.

adimus

They should send him to England to be cell mates with Boy George. :rainbow1:
boy-george.jpg
Well hello, Mr Madoff...

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He's dead.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/14/ber...-nations-biggest-investment-fraud-was-82.html
Excerpted...
  • Bernie Madoff masterminded the biggest investment fraud in U.S. history, ripping off tens of thousands of people of as much as $65 billion.
  • Madoff was serving a 150-year prison sentence for his scheme, which investigators said defrauded as many as 37,000 people in 136 countries over four decades.
  • Victims included the famous — director Steven Spielberg, actor Kevin Bacon, former New York Mets owner Fred Wilpon and Nobel Peace Prize winner Elie Weisel — and ordinary investors.

ecco

Veteran Member

Suave

Simulated character
He's dead.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/14/ber...-nations-biggest-investment-fraud-was-82.html
Excerpted...
  • Bernie Madoff masterminded the biggest investment fraud in U.S. history, ripping off tens of thousands of people of as much as $65 billion.
  • Madoff was serving a 150-year prison sentence for his scheme, which investigators said defrauded as many as 37,000 people in 136 countries over four decades.
  • Victims included the famous — director Steven Spielberg, actor Kevin Bacon, former New York Mets owner Fred Wilpon and Nobel Peace Prize winner Elie Weisel — and ordinary investors.
I suspect Bernie Madoff is now at rest in a better place wherein nothing gets stolen.

ecco

Veteran Member
I suspect Bernie Madoff is now at rest in a better place wherein nothing gets stolen.

Or, he is in a place where he gets to run the same little Ponzi scheme over and over and over. He gets caught over and over and over. He goes to trial over and over and over. He goes to jail over and over and over. He gets out of jail and the cycle begins again, over and over and over. Forever - for All of Eternity. After the first million or so times, he would be bored to the point of insanity. It doesn't matter. He still has almost all of Eternity to do it all over and over and over.

I have argued that I would not want to go to heaven for All of Eternity. No matter how varied things in heaven would be, after an infinitesimally small portion of Eternity, I would have done everything an uncountable number of times. I would have to look forward to an Eternity of doing everything again, countless times. Heaven truly would lead to insanity.