• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
OH MY GOSH, EVERYONE GO OUT AND SEE JULIE AND JULIA RIGHT THIS MINUTE!

This is the best movie I've seen in years. Meryl Streep surely will get an Oscar for her fabulous portrayal of Julia Child.

WHAT A TREAT - bon apetit!

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
OH MY GOSH, EVERYONE GO OUT AND SEE JULIE AND JULIA RIGHT THIS MINUTE!

This is the best movie I've seen in years. Meryl Streep surely will get an Oscar for her fabulous portrayal of Julia Child.

WHAT A TREAT - bon apetit!
I saw it a week ago. I thought it was really good -- not the best movie I've seen in years, though. I would definitely agree with you, though, about Meryl Streep. That woman is an absolute genius when it comes to acting. I can't imagine Julia Child playing Julie Child any more convincingly.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
District 9 was excellent. Anyone who enjoys SF should go and watch.
Seconded. Surprisingly well done.

Watched Dead Man's Shoes and This is England last night. I'd seen This is England before but not Dead Man's Shoes- both are absolutely brilliant, but Stephen Graham just owns This is'.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I watched "Sometime in April" last night - about the genocide in Rwanda - and cried through the whole thing. But it was excellent and really made me think outside my own little pretty world.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
I just watched the Girl Next Door with Elisha Cuthbert for the first time, today. The film was funny and good. In general, it had a good message. I was pleased. :yes:

rojse

RF Addict
I had to watch Akira again, because of Nepenthe. I don't care, it's an astounding movie. Just as good as the first three times I watched it.

For those who have not yet had the immense pleasure of watching it, I won't tell you the plot of the movie, except to say that it is about the nature and use of power in it's varied forms, centred on a young motorcycle gang member, Tetsuo, who gets picked up by the military police for psychic testing, as it seems that Tetsuo is quite a gifted individual. It's about this point that this movie goes nuts. But in an extremely enjoyable way.

It's a brilliant movie - well-animated, excellent ideas, and the action scenes and special effects are stunning. I have my doubts as to whether all of this could occur in the live-action movie adaptation apparently coming out in a few years, but I would like to be proven wrong.

Damn, I even love the music, and there are few movies where I actually care about the musical score enough to even mention it, let alone have segments continually chanting in my brain just to remind me how much I loved the movie.

Daaaaaan!
Daaaaaan!
Dan-Dan!

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Tetsuoooooo!
I mean is there a more iconic image in anime' sci-fi?
akira-1.jpg

Coincidentally, I watched Princess Mononoke last night with the English dub.

rojse

RF Addict
"Reefer Madness" aka "Tell Your Children"

"The motion picture you are about to witness may startle you. It would not have been possible, otherwise, to sufficently emphasize the frightful toll of the new drug menace which is destroying the youth of America in alarmingly increasing numbers. Marihuana is that drug - a violent narcotic - an unspeakable scourge - The Real Public Enemy Number One!"

rojse

RF Addict
You have to see this with the Michael Nelson (MST3K) commentary.

Why would I want to heard MST3K make fun of the movie? It is a sobering warning to parents to be vigilant against the scourge of marihuana.

If you don't stop your children from using marihuana, they might start laughing uncontrollably while reading Shakespeare, running people down in motorcars, killing their entire family with an axe, sleeping with middle-aged women, or worse, dancing to jazz music.

:faint: