• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MormonWikiLeaks.com

Skwim

Veteran Member
A new website that looks to expose the inner workings of the Mormon organization.

"A 'Wikileaks' for Secret Church Documents Launches for Concerned Mormons

The man behind a controversial YouTube site that publishes leaked videos disclosing the inner workings of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has launched a website where members and employees can anonymously submit leaked church documents.

The site, named MormonWikileaks, went live Monday. The first leaked document was a 2010 memo (PDF) discussing how to reduce the number of unauthorized photographs of the interiors of Mormon temples posted online — photos that the memo says could be "anything but helpful in understanding the purpose of the temples."

The site is the creation of a team led by Ryan McKnight of Las Vegas, a former Mormon who began discussing his disillusionment with the church online more than two years ago.

In October, he began publishing leaked videos of meetings among top church leaders on a YouTube channel that has amassed 2,200 followers in just a few weeks.

"The site is built on the philosophy of 'if you build it, they will come,'" McKnight said Tuesday in an interview. "This is a game of patience."

The church said it had no comment on the site.

McKnight said he's not interested in gossip about members of the church — in fact, he said, he's already turned down offers of information about the church contributions of two famous Mormons.

He's interested in "items that have to do with the institution as a whole," he said. "It can be good or bad."

Because disclosing church documents is a violation of non-disclosure agreements employees must sign, the site provides detailed instructions on how to install and use the identity-protecting encrypted software Tor.

And to avoid actively encouraging church employees to breach their secrecy agreements, it doesn't even ask for specific documents.

"Our message is if a church employee or former employee comes across information that their conscience tells them should be available to the public, we want them to know there is a process to assist them in that process — and that's all that there is," he said. "We're merely the conduit."

McKnight said his hope was that "there will be no need for lots of leaks, because maybe this will motivate the church to be more transparent."

An example would be the disclosure last year of revisions to the Church Handbook of Instructions — parts of which are supposed to be restricted only to church leaders.

The revisions instructed local church leaders that same-sex couples are apostates and that children living with them can't take part in church activities until they're adults and leave home."

source: ABC NEWS

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
A new website that looks to expose the inner workings of the Mormon organization.

"A 'Wikileaks' for Secret Church Documents Launches for Concerned Mormons

The man behind a controversial YouTube site that publishes leaked videos disclosing the inner workings of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has launched a website where members and employees can anonymously submit leaked church documents.

The site, named MormonWikileaks, went live Monday. The first leaked document was a 2010 memo (PDF) discussing how to reduce the number of unauthorized photographs of the interiors of Mormon temples posted online — photos that the memo says could be "anything but helpful in understanding the purpose of the temples."

The site is the creation of a team led by Ryan McKnight of Las Vegas, a former Mormon who began discussing his disillusionment with the church online more than two years ago.

In October, he began publishing leaked videos of meetings among top church leaders on a YouTube channel that has amassed 2,200 followers in just a few weeks.

"The site is built on the philosophy of 'if you build it, they will come,'" McKnight said Tuesday in an interview. "This is a game of patience."

The church said it had no comment on the site.

McKnight said he's not interested in gossip about members of the church — in fact, he said, he's already turned down offers of information about the church contributions of two famous Mormons.

He's interested in "items that have to do with the institution as a whole," he said. "It can be good or bad."

Because disclosing church documents is a violation of non-disclosure agreements employees must sign, the site provides detailed instructions on how to install and use the identity-protecting encrypted software Tor.

And to avoid actively encouraging church employees to breach their secrecy agreements, it doesn't even ask for specific documents.

"Our message is if a church employee or former employee comes across information that their conscience tells them should be available to the public, we want them to know there is a process to assist them in that process — and that's all that there is," he said. "We're merely the conduit."

McKnight said his hope was that "there will be no need for lots of leaks, because maybe this will motivate the church to be more transparent."

An example would be the disclosure last year of revisions to the Church Handbook of Instructions — parts of which are supposed to be restricted only to church leaders.

The revisions instructed local church leaders that same-sex couples are apostates and that children living with them can't take part in church activities until they're adults and leave home."

source: ABC NEWS

Prepare for 'anti-Mormon bigotry' backlash in 5, 4, 3...

Skwim

Veteran Member
Prepare for

CVLaablWIAANSn2.jpg

Group Facepalms

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I went and looked, but there were no published documents. There was only a 'Submit' button. How do we know this site isn't run by the church to find potential leaks?

Skwim

Veteran Member
I went and looked, but there were no published documents. There was only a 'Submit' button. How do we know this site isn't run by the church to find potential leaks?
Yeah, because when they trap enough they have a feast. MmmmMmmm Good! Mormon traitors roasting on an open fire. Jack Frost nipping at your toes . . . . .

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Many Mormons don't even know about their church's history of polygamy and child marriage.
You know, that's pretty much nonsense. Mormons are a whole lot better informed about their religion's history than the average non-Mormon. The fact that Joseph Smith had as many wives as he did came as quite a surprise to many Mormons (although not to all of us), but the rest of the history surrounding polygamy is common knowledge among Mormons.

dianaiad

What....like there's a bunch of Mormons out there writing weird e-mails that the Russians have to hack?

Great googly moogly. I predict that this 'Mormon wikileaks" will have some problems....like, er, nothing there that can't be found elsewhere, such as on lds.org. ;)

I've been dealing with anti-Mormons for a very long time now, and y'know what? NONE of them have come up with anything surprising or new, or that (if accurate...mostly they aren't) I wasn't taught already or didn't have easy access to.

Good luck to 'em, though.

Sonny

So, ur saying that anything, even if it's the truth, that goes against what you believe or the church says is hate and bigotry? Oh, my goodness! Instead of asking for proof/evidence or facts you show us- what all who have been brainwashed do- that the facts don't matter to you regardless of their validity or veracity. That is no way to honestly or intellectually discuss any subject. Try asking why it is being said or where the evidence is for saying it. But never discard anything right off the bat. Doing that is plain...well, hatred and bigotry.

Last edited:

Sonny

You know, that's pretty much nonsense. Mormons are a whole lot better informed about their religion's history than the average non-Mormon. The fact that Joseph Smith had as many wives as he did came as quite a surprise to many Mormons (although not to all of us), but the rest of the history surrounding polygamy is common knowledge among Mormons.
Really? How many names has the LDS church had - that was given by their God who is all-knowing? Also, wouldn't the phrase 'all-knowing' prevent the church from having more than one name? I always wondered how he could be the one (all-knowing) but do the other (issue multiple names for his church).

Sonny

[/quote] hat....like there's a bunch of Mormons out there writing weird e-mails that the Russians have to hack?

Great googly moogly. I predict that this 'Mormon wikileaks" will have some problems....like, er, nothing there that can't be found elsewhere, such as on lds.org. ;)

I've been dealing with anti-Mormons for a very long time now, and y'know what? NONE of them have come up with anything surprising or new, or that (if accurate...mostly they aren't) I wasn't taught already or didn't have easy access to.

Good luck to 'em, though [/quote]

Are you saying that you already know that the church taught JS is a God? Or, that the first 12 apostles are still alive - and will be until Jesus returns? Or, that Jesus was married to "Mary, Martha and others" and had children by them?* Have you told other Mormons these things or questioned ur leaders about them?
Why do you call people names like "anti-Mormons"?

*Since Jesus had children by a few different women why aren't Jesus' kids running their dad's 'Church'?

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
The mormon church is highly against same sex marriage. They think it is wrong of course.

Sonny

The mormon church is highly against same sex marriage. They think it is wrong of course.
I think most Bible-related churches feel that way. It comes from what the Bible says about it. Plus, have you ever imagined that (what they do)? Sorry, but I find it a sick, perverted and deviant lifestyle 'choice'. It's about the only thing I agree with the LDS on, tho.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I think most Bible-related churches feel that way. It comes from what the Bible says about it. Plus, have you ever imagined that (what they do)? Sorry, but I find it a sick, perverted and deviant lifestyle 'choice'. It's about the only thing I agree with the LDS on, tho.
What's a "Bible-related" church? Don't all Christian churches base their faith on what's written in the Bible?

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
Love is love no matter the gender. 2 opposite sex or same sex. If 2 of the same sex wants to get married it is their choice not the churches choice. A religion to tell you who you can marry and can't marry is wrong.