• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MormonWikiLeaks.com

Thanda

Love is love no matter the gender. 2 opposite sex or same sex. If 2 of the same sex wants to get married it is their choice not the churches choice. A religion to tell you who you can marry and can't marry is wrong.

According to you what can is a religion allowed to tell people

Sonny

What's a "Bible-related" church? Don't all Christian churches base their faith on what's written in the Bible?

A Bible-related church/religion is one that asserts it is biblical or uses the Bible to accumulate people/wealth but not a true Christian Church. There are more of these running around claiming to be Christian than a lot of folks think. I could name a few but don't want to get into trouble. I'm not sure I would but not taking chance.
And, No, not all churches play be the rules/laws in the Bible. They say they do but on close examination, they don't. There are wolves in sheep's clothing. You don't always get what you see, hear or think with some of these churches. Research tells you the truth.

Last edited:

Thanda

It is not me that I give a list. It is those who follow jesus who try to people who can do and cannot do.

You're not making sense. What does people following Jesus have to do with this? Jesus told people what they can and cannot do. If you had a 12 year-old daughter who fell in love with a 40 year-old man, what would you do? Would you let them get married since "you can't tell people who to love"?

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
You're not making sense. What does people following Jesus have to do with this? Jesus told people what they can and cannot do. If you had a 12 year-old daughter who fell in love with a 40 year-old man, what would you do? Would you let them get married since "you can't tell people who to love"?
I never mention about age. I am talking about gender. Read the past comments.

Skwim

Veteran Member
A Bible-related church/religion is one that asserts it is biblical or uses the Bible to accumulate people/wealth but not a true Christian Church. There are more of these running around claiming to be Christian than a lot of folks think. I could name a few but don't want to get into trouble. I'm not sure I would but not taking chance.
And, No. There are wolves in sheep's clothing. You don't always get what you see, hear or think with some of these churches. Research tells you the truth.
So, true Christian churches are those that fit your definition of such. Why should I pay attention to your assessment and not the assessment of others who may disagree with you?

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
So who are you to decide what does and doesn't matter when it comes to love and marriage
The mormon church.
  • They mormon church hates gays and gay marriage.
  • 2 same sex couples who adopt a child the church wants the child to think gay marriage is wrong so that child can be part of the church.
  • The church says that you can "feel" gay but you cannot "act" on it.

Thanda

The mormon church.
  • They mormon church hates gays and gay marriage.
  • 2 same sex couples who adopt a child the church wants the child to think gay marriage is wrong so that child can be part of the church.
  • The church says that you can "feel" gay but you cannot "act" on it.

The church also say you can "feel" paedophilic but not act on it.

Sonny

Exactly. That is what I am saying.
Yeah, but... We have to have fair and just (moral) rules. If we don't get them from a reliable and good source then where from? We do have choices, too - the likes of Moses and Jesus or Hitler and Stalin. There really isn't a Happy medium, as history has proven. I'd rather have the good than the bad.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Do any of these posts have anything at all to do with the OP? Uh... no. Some people just have to use every opportunity they can to get on their soapbox and start running off at the mouth. We call them trolls.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
So, ur saying that anything, even if it's the truth, that goes against what you believe or the church says is hate and bigotry? Oh, my goodness! Instead of asking for proof/evidence or facts you show us- what all who have been brainwashed do- that the facts don't matter to you regardless of their validity or veracity. That is no way to honestly or intellectually discuss any subject. Try asking why it is being said or where the evidence is for saying it. But never discard anything right off the bat. Doing that is plain...well, hatred and bigotry.

Actually I'm predicting that this will be coming against Mormonleaks from loyal LDS churchgoers pretty much as a knee-jerk reaction. Pointing out that the Church is cosier for men at the top than those nearer ward/branch level.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Actually I'm predicting that this will be coming against Mormonleaks from loyal LDS churchgoers pretty much as a knee-jerk reaction. Pointing out that the Church is cosier for men at the top than those nearer ward/branch level.
So far, I haven't seen anything worth jerking my knees over. :p

Sonny

So, true Christian churches are those that fit your definition of such. Why should I pay attention to your assessment and not the assessment of others who may disagree with you?

Has nothing to do with me or my desires or beliefs. The rules were made long before I was thot of. Christians get their rules, morals and beliefs from the Bible. There are others who prefer/enjoy making their own rules then pretending they came from God. These are easy to spot, tho, bc they are always changing this or that (or, this and that) bc the rulers couldn't see the future, not could their God (and sometimes change happens just a few weeks down the road). And, since Christianity is based and built on only what the Bible teaches those who write more scripture aren't Christians.
Let me explain it this way, I can say, everyday, all day, that I am the Queen of England or (and) the US President. No matter how often or how much I say it Im not. Why? Bc Im not meeting the legitimate requirements for those positions. It's the same with religion, calling yourself something doesn't make you it.There are a lot of phonies in the world.