• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MormonWikiLeaks.com

Sonny

Do any of these posts have anything at all to do with the OP? Uh... no. Some people just have to use every opportunity they can to get on their soapbox and start running off at the mouth. We call them trolls.
Yeah, I noticed that, too. Apparently, forums take on all sorts of topics in a single OP. I figure people see it as branches spreading out like tentacles on the same critter.

Sonny

Actually I'm predicting that this will be coming against Mormonleaks from loyal LDS churchgoers pretty much as a knee-jerk reaction. Pointing out that the Church is cosier for men at the top than those nearer ward/branch level.
Maybe. Or, it could be a bit of a threat to the LDS churcb. Sort of like what Leah Rimini is doing to Scientology. She is having a heck of an impact, too, or so it seems to me.

Last edited:

Sonny

Good and bad like what?
Like what I said- Jesus or men as our guides and rule-maker. I like His rules better than that of any man. Ex. Allowing people to legally disrespect the symbol of our country, Old Glory (our flag) is wrong and insane- man's law. Loving your neighbor as yourself is never wrong - Jesus. One is treason to me and the other is perfect.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Has nothing to do with me or my desires or beliefs. The rules were made long before I was thot of. Christians get their rules, morals and beliefs from the Bible. There are others who prefer/enjoy making their own rules then pretending they came from God. These are easy to spot, tho, bc they are always changing this or that (or, this and that) bc the rulers couldn't see the future, not could their God (and sometimes change happens just a few weeks down the road). And, since Christianity is based and built on only what the Bible teaches those who write more scripture aren't Christians.
Well, the way it looks is that you're simply saying your interpretation is right because it is. Thing is, others could look at your notion of Christianity and contend that it's no less concocted than your impression of their Christianity. I'm not saying theirs is better, but that their defining criteria for Christianity could be equally as valid as yours. You say your notion of Christianity is correct because X, Y, and Z, and they say their notion of Christianity is valid because A, B, and C. But go ahead and exclude whomever you want from your Christian Club of the Truly Righteous. To me, it's a wash. Their Christian Club of the Truly Righteous is just as deserving of the label.

Sonny

Well, the way it looks is that you're simply saying your interpretation is right because it is. Thing is, others could look at your notion of Christianity and contend that it's no less concocted than your impression of their Christianity. I'm not saying theirs is better, but that their defining criteria for Christianity could be equally as valid as yours. You say your notion of Christianity is correct because X, Y, and Z, and they say their notion of Christianity is valid because A, B, and C. But go ahead and exclude whomever you want from your Christian Club of the Truly Righteous. To me, it's a wash. Their Christian Club of the Truly Righteous is just as deserving of the label.

My last post said all that needs be said. I cant make anyone accept 2+2=4. If folks don't like the long-held standards (of anything) then so be it. Wanting or acting as if something true isn't is how we've got where we are. People need to find the facts and stop living by feelings. The standards were set long ago. And, I prefer evidence, instead of lies, for what I believe in. But, to each his own. Then again, why would anyone follow someone or some group who lies to them?

The determining factor is whether they act the part. For ex.- If a church says it is Christian and believes and follows the Bible but adds words or books that contradict the Bible are they really Christians? Of course, they are not. One can't be 'A' if their actions show 'Z'.
The Bible teaches there is only one God. [Now, whether the Bible is true or false is not the question or point here]
If a church professes to be Christian but refutes that Christian doctrine then they are either willingly, knowingly and intentionally lying or they don't know what Christianity teaches. It really is that simple.

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member
My last post said all that needs be said. I cant make anyone accept 2+2=4. If folks don't like the long-held standards (of anything) then so be it. Wanting or acting as if something true isn't is how we've got where we are. People need to find the facts and stop living by feelings. The standards were set long ago. And, I prefer evidence, instead of lies, for what I believe in. But, to each his own. Then again, why would anyone follow someone or some group who lies to them?

Please see HERE