• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Trump Madness

epronovost

No. Just pointing out the continual hypocrisy that is seen here time and time again. I'm actually using the same template that is clearly used to demean and vilify the right and just reversing the cannons so to speak.

It comes down to the adage that one can certainly dish it out, but cannot take back the same medicine in kind whenever its directed back.

In doing so, you have forgotten that this is fallacious since the degree and kind of stupidity between the two groups is neither the same nor equivalent.

All politicians have told a lie, like everybody else, but some are lying a lot more than others and seeking to deny it or handwave it away is in and on itself duplicitous. Trump, for example, is much more dishonest than Obama who was himself more dishonest than Clinton.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
In doing so, you have forgotten that this is fallacious since the degree and kind of stupidity between the two groups is neither the same nor equivalent.

All politicians have told a lie, like everybody else, but some a lying a lot more than others and seeking to deny it or handwave it away is in and on itself duplicitous.
Its still an appeal to the higher upper ground that one side will always be touted as superior to the other, even if it can be pointed out by example that it isn't the case.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I believe I did tell everybody that back in 2016...and yes, my view was dystopian. But I was reading the man, not the platform.
I never expected coup calls and other manifestations of dictator worship we've seen. I thought there would be resistance rather than abject butt kissing on the part of Republicans in Congress. I expected 'crap, we blew it' on the part of most of those who voted for him.

Oh well.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Its still an appeal to the higher upper ground that one side will always be touted as superior to the other, even if it can be pointed out by example that it isn't the case.
That's just human nature including confirmation bias. We all like to think we're right and the others are wrong/inferior.

Some people are locked in tightly and cannot ever note that their side is flawed. Instead they project all vice on others and all virtues on themselves and refuse to acknowledge their own side's issues.

Then there are those who know about misdeeds, whisper them in private but out of cowardice and desire to keep a cushy job refuse to say anything publicly instead say the opposite of what they know to be true. Hypocrisy on steroids.

exchemist

Veteran Member
No. Just pointing out the continual hypocrisy that is seen here time and time again. I'm actually using the same template that is clearly used to demean and vilify the right and just reversing the cannons so to speak.

It comes down to the adage that one can certainly dish it out, but cannot take back the same medicine in kind whenever its being directed back.
I can agree that perhaps one should not tarnish the whole of the Right with Trump.

But it is undeniable that a good proportion of the main political party of the Right (with a handful of honourable exceptions) has acquiesced in Trump's pathological lying and his destruction in faith in American institutions. So it is not very surprising they come in for some stick, really.

ecco

Veteran Member
But it is undeniable that a good proportion of the main political party of the Right (with a handful of honourable exceptions) has acquiesced in Trump's pathological lying and his destruction in faith in American institutions.
Trump's biggest critics 4 years ago...
have gone on to become his biggest ***-lickers...

Graham

Cruz

james dixon

Premium Member
bye, bye da one with huge hands--
Trump-oval-office-1-20-21 ,.,.,.gif

Does any of this matter? Christmas and New Year are fast approaching. Does this new man intend to actually do anything before he is heaved out by Biden?

All these last minute Trump appointments seem to me to be pointless.
Pointless is a big improvement for Trump. It sure beats malevolent.