• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Trump Madness

ecco

Veteran Member

Trump Nominates Conspiracy Theorist to Lead OPM

President Trump on Monday formally nominated Housing and Urban Development official John Gibbs to helm the Office of Personnel Management.

Gibbs has worked at HUD since 2017, initially as an advisor in HUD Secretary Ben Carson’s office and now as acting assistant secretary for community planning and development. Prior to entering public service, he was a conservative commentator and a software engineer.

But Gibbs is perhaps best known because of a series of now-private tweets he published during the 2016 presidential campaign, in which he promoted a debunked conspiracy theory that Hillary Clinton and John Podesta were Satanists and that John Podesta attended a satanic ritual, based on an email published by WikiLeaks where Podesta was invited to have dinner with performance artist Marina Abramović.

Gibbs also came under scrutiny in 2018 over his position at HUD despite having no professional experience in housing policy. The Washington Post reported that he was paid $131,000 per year to serve in a position for which the job description stated the occupant should “possess knowledge of the Fair Housing Act” and understand other elements of federal housing policy.​

@January 20 - please hurry.

epronovost

He took the place of Ben Carson a man of immense stupidity (but an amazing surgeon to be fair) who fell down a rabbit hole a long time ago and died of his own immaturity. Plus, the Housing and Urban Development is the department in charge of mitigating urban poverty. The fact that Republican use that post to dole out on someone with no qualities, but who is part of their gang is no secret. They aren't supposed to do anything for poor urban people.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

President Trump on Monday formally nominated Housing and Urban Development official John Gibbs to helm the Office of Personnel Management.

Gibbs has worked at HUD since 2017, initially as an advisor in HUD Secretary Ben Carson’s office and now as acting assistant secretary for community planning and development. Prior to entering public service, he was a conservative commentator and a software engineer.

But Gibbs is perhaps best known because of a series of now-private tweets he published during the 2016 presidential campaign, in which he promoted a debunked conspiracy theory that Hillary Clinton and John Podesta were Satanists and that John Podesta attended a satanic ritual, based on an email published by WikiLeaks where Podesta was invited to have dinner with performance artist Marina Abramović.

Gibbs also came under scrutiny in 2018 over his position at HUD despite having no professional experience in housing policy. The Washington Post reported that he was paid $131,000 per year to serve in a position for which the job description stated the occupant should “possess knowledge of the Fair Housing Act” and understand other elements of federal housing policy.​

73-74 million people voted to keep the madness going for another 4 years.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Does any of this matter? Christmas and New Year are fast approaching. Does this new man intend to actually do anything before he is heaved out by Biden?

All these last minute Trump appointments seem to me to be pointless.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Meanwhile there's one heck of a MAGA cage match fight going on about the two Senate runoff elections coming soon.

If someone had told me in 2016 what was going to happen, I would have said to stop reading such dark dystopian science fiction. But now we're living it.

ecco

Veteran Member
Does any of this matter? Christmas and New Year are fast approaching. Does this new man intend to actually do anything before he is heaved out by Biden?

All these last minute Trump appointments seem to me to be pointless.

They are done to show the Sheeples what Donnie would do when He is elected in 2024. IOW, keep sending in the money.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
He took the place of Ben Carson a man of immense stupidity (but an amazing surgeon to be fair) who fell down a rabbit hole a long time ago and died of his own immaturity.

Oh. Ok. Glad to see hyper intelligent Democrats are in charge.

Twilight Hue

Yawn.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
If someone had told me in 2016 what was going to happen, I would have said to stop reading such dark dystopian science fiction. But now we're living it.
I believe I did tell everybody that back in 2016...and yes, my view was dystopian. But I was reading the man, not the platform.

Yerda

Veteran Member
People who promote screwball conspiracy theories about their political opponents eating babies shouldn't hold public office is not a statement you'd expect any disagreement on.

Twilight Hue

Wow! You found a Democrat ignorant of geography.

Obvious conclusion -- all Democrats are ignorant about geography.

Is that how you work?

Not ignorant of geography. Ignorant of science itself.

Just pointed out that the man is still in power (yes he is) and still making decisions.

Obvious conclusion....

Stupidity is a qualifying and appealing trait for Democrat office.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Obvious conclusion....

Okay, go the rest of the distance -- "maybe we could inject bleach, sort of an internal cleansing...Trump." Republican.

I think you need to review how you see yourself: "the gentle embrace of twilight" indeed. There's nothing gentle in anything I've seen you write so far, only hatred of those who have ideas other than your own.

epronovost

There are youngg earth creationist getting elected under Republican tickets, but also climate change deniers, Qanon conspiracy theorists and the current POTUS is a birther... Are you sure stupidity isn't a Republican trait. (note that Carson was a Young Earth creationist and a climate change denier too and he didn't believe in COVID-19 restriction and died of it)

I would also like to note that not knowing hte dimension of Guam vs thinking the Pyramids were grain silos built by Joseph, father of Jesus is two different level of stupid.

PS: Can you honestly tell me the dimension of American Samoa island without checking on internet first?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I would recommend you remove your obvious bias and state "Political" office instead of Democrat office.

And you should likely brace yourself for examples of Republicans being stupid.
Lord knows you can fill a few books with Trump alone.

Twilight Hue

Okay, go the rest of the distance -- "maybe we could inject bleach, sort of an internal cleansing...Trump." Republican.

I think you need to review how you see yourself: "the gentle embrace of twilight" indeed. There's nothing gentle in anything I've seen you write so far, only hatred of those who have ideas other than your own.
No. Just pointing out the continual hypocrisy that is seen here time and time again. I'm actually using the same template that is clearly used to demean and vilify the right and just reversing the cannons so to speak.

It comes down to the adage that one can certainly dish it out, but cannot take back the same medicine in kind whenever its being directed back.

Twilight Hue

I would recommend you remove your obvious bias and state "Political" office instead of Democrat office.

And you should likely brace yourself for examples of Republicans being stupid.
Lord knows you can fill a few books with Trump alone.
Its an all around issue then. Isn't it?