• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MOON Landing?

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
The USSR was attempting to go. They had a lander built and a whole plan for the cosmonauts who were selected to go. The problem was that the rocket they had built to get their spacecraft to Luna (the N1) didn't work. That left the Soviet Union with no way to get to the moon.

and we had failed apollo rockets one after the other and a bad "situation" one time... yet, we magically made it to the moon despite our failed attempts and had no issue getting there and back a few times.... ????

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
ohh and the space race is over. so no need to go for bragging rights no one would care. it would be a waste of money. their are more importatn things to do in space then land on the moon

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
ohh and the space race is over. so no need to go for bragging rights no one would care. it would be a waste of money. their are more importatn things to do in space then land on the moon

Like going to Mars perhaps? Yet, nobody is attempting this yet... technology not there... Again I refer to being the "best" and the "first" and joining the "nuc-club". Humans are humans and many will attempt what none have done or what only a few (OR ONE) have done!

Panda

42?
Premium Member
Of course people landed on the moon. All the conspiracy theories are ridiculous and quite frankly stupid as hell.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
and we had failed apollo rockets one after the other and a bad "situation" one time... yet, we magically made it to the moon despite our failed attempts and had no issue getting there and back a few times.... ????

Nothing magical about it. It took tons of research, many smart people, lots of money, and an enormous amount of gumption.

The fact of the matter is that the Soviet Union was never close to competing with us technologically or economically since the 60's. Imprisoning scientists and making them work isn't the best recipe for inspired work.

silvermoon383

Actually, the Saturn V was a resounding success. The 3 unmanned launches (Apollos 4, 5, and 6) revealed the problems which were fixed for Apollo 7. The USSR had all 4 launched N1's explode, all due to inherent problems that couldn't be fixed. That lead to the development of an all-new rocket design, but by then the Race was over.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Nothing magical about it. It took tons of research, many smart people, lots of money, and an enormous amount of gumption.

The fact of the matter is that the Soviet Union was never close to competing with us technologically or economically since the 60's. Imprisoning scientists and making them work isn't the best recipe for inspired work.

WOW, same way we got much of out technology.... and why then was the USSR so far beyond us in the space race?

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Of course people landed on the moon. All the conspiracy theories are ridiculous and quite frankly stupid as hell.

Can you give me some feedback as to why? I have 2 people at work convinced we never made it.... I have 3 convinced we did make it... the other 2 of us are mostly just listening to the conversation and asking questions.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Like going to Mars perhaps? Yet, nobody is attempting this yet... technology not there... Again I refer to being the "best" and the "first" and joining the "nuc-club". Humans are humans and many will attempt what none have done or what only a few (OR ONE) have done!
un true... all i have read have said thats are next attempt and were working on the tech and plan now...it might be a few years but we are working on it...

aand who has money to waste on going to the moon for no real purpose.

the nuke club is different then the moon family. going to the moon doesnt scare people doesnt protect you doesnt do anything usefull politicaly any more....
Nukes scare people nukes threaten people
we did for more then to show off. we were in the cold war...

Panda

42?
Premium Member
Can you give me some feedback as to why? I have 2 people at work convinced we never made it.... I have 3 convinced we did make it... the other 2 of us are mostly just listening to the conversation and asking questions.

Give me a reason you think people never made it and I will show you why it is wrong.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
THEY WERE AHEAD OF US IN EVERY WAY!!!!! They magically fell behind at the snap of a finger?

Many credit the German scientists for the early soviet advances. The N1 rocket they designed was also a total failure and gave them a huge set back.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
THEY WERE AHEAD OF US IN EVERY WAY!!!!! They magically fell behind at the snap of a finger?

Nothing magical about it. Soviet communism was a failed economic and social system which resulted in lower and lower productivity levels as compared to a free market capitalist system. Do you ever read anything?

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
So it makes sense to you that, in today's world, a nation would spend years of time, millions and millions of man hours of research and development, and billions upon billions of dollars for hypothetical bragging rights of being the second nation to reach the moon half a century after the U.S. did it? Really?

Yes, it is human nature...

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Yes, it is human nature...

Well, whether that is true or not, and whether that applies to societies or not, modern China is the first nation besides the US with the capability of achieving such a feat. They have been talking about pursuing such a goal, but whether or not they follow through on it, or are even capable of it, remains to be seen.