• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Monument to Bush shoe-throwing shines at Iraqi orphanage

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
And, btw, from that distance, no. The shoe could not have caused any damge worth mentioning.

Benjamin_D

Zionist
I've been talking to you. I told everyone what I think, they told me what they think. What else am I suppose to do? Nothing. My opinion has been posted ;)

Once again, disagree.

Stellify

StarChild
The whole point here is it's assault, not freedom of speech. He could of protested outside or did something that does not cause harm, or is not illegal. The guy deserves every bit of consiquence he gets, actions brew up consiquences and he is getting them ;).

Thanks for expressing your guys' opinions though, I like hearing what other people think. I'm glad to show my beliefs too :)

P.S. I was joking about the Obama thing, I'm not that idiotic to go assault somebody of power infront of cameras.

So if he had simply protested...You wouldn't have taken the rather extreme standpoint of "He disrespected America, he deserves torture"? Because that's not what your earlier posts made it sound like. Excuse me if I misunderstood you.

And...you still haven't answered my questions. Certain sarcastic remarks aside, I really would like to hear your explanations of your beliefs on this matter.

Benjamin_D

Zionist
Yeah, people protest all the time. Peaceful protests, go for it. I love hearing peoples opinions.

The man through objects at the U.S. President. I don't care what object it was like I said before. That is assault and he diserves the consiquences the Egyptians give him. That is what I think.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I live in a military town (five bases!) and I know some service people -- including Iraq veterans -- who would gladly have helped build that monument.

Benjamin_D

Zionist
And I know tons of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans that love Bush and feel the same way as me. Everyone thinks differently.

Stellify

StarChild
Yeah, people protest all the time. Peaceful protests, go for it. I love hearing peoples opinions.

The man through objects at the U.S. President. I don't care what object it was like I said before. That is assault and he diserves the consiquences the Egyptians give him. That is what I think.

*sigh* you're not going to answer the rest of my earlier post, are you? Fine.

Do you not have any discretion?
Just like you see a difference between throwing a flower and throwing a shoe, isn't there some difference between throwing a shoe and killing/maiming someone? Do you not find torture extreme? Why do you think he "deserves" torture?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
*sigh* you're not going to answer the rest of my earlier post, are you? Fine.

Do you not have any discretion?
Just like you see a difference between throwing a flower and throwing a shoe, isn't there some difference between throwing a shoe and killing/maiming someone? Do you not find torture extreme? Why do you think he "deserves" torture?
So much for the punishment fitting the crime, eh?

Benjamin_D

Zionist
The man diserves the punishment the Egyptians give him for assaulting the U.S. President. Like I said, consiquences for your actions. Egyptians decide the consiquence and it plays out. Maybe torture is how they do it there, let them do what they want with there criminals. Do I think it's wrong? No.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Change has a considerable psychological impact on the human mind. To the fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse. To the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better. To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better.
~King Whitney Jr.

Benjamin_D

Zionist
I agree with that one.... and I really agree with this one....

"Ladies and gentlemen of the supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. This is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk, but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now, think about that. That does not make sense! Why would a Wookiee -- an eight foot tall Wookiee -- want to live on Endor with a bunch of two foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense!
But more importantly, you have to ask yourself: what does that have to do with this case? Nothing! Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense!"

-South Park

Last edited:

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I heard the government has removed it. Please don't ask which government! :D