• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mohammad in the Bible...

firedragon

Veteran Member
It's been a while since I read it. He is given a lot of merit though!

It is desperately inconsistent.

You have never in your life read the Quran fully. If that is what your claim is. Never ever in your whole life.

Your claim is inconsistent.

rosends

Have you studied all the religious texts extensively? Are you 100% sure of your positive claim?

Can you prove that Muhammed is not even mentioned in some roundabout way in any so called "Abrahamic texts"? None??

Can you prove your thesis?
How big of a circle do you allow for the "roundabout way"? And what do you include as a mention?

MyM

No. that's not what is said. The Quran says that "they wrote by their OWN HANDS and claimed it was God".

I dont mean to burst your bubble, but this is just simple fact. Who told you these things?

yes :) that is what I am sayin!!!

But the 5 books that were given to the messengers :) ...it was known to all the prophets of Mohammad pbuh was to come :)

firedragon

Veteran Member
How big of a circle do you allow for the "roundabout way"? And what do you include as a mention?

I am not claiming anything. I am questioning someone else's claim.

A claim needs evidence. I think you can easily understand that logic.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, Jesus is mentioned more than Mohammad pbuh in the Quran. I believe close to over 187 moreorless. Jesus(on him peace) is highly revered in Islam.

Jesus is mentioned by name 25 times in the Qur'an, not 187. Moses, the figure mentioned the most times by name in the Qur'an, is mentioned 136 times, still a long way off 187.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you use smoke and mirrors and vast amounts of interpretation.

I think there are aspects that are very clear. The issue though, for many, is that to see those aspects as valid, it also means one has to accept that biblical promises have unfolded in the year AH1260, which is AD1844.

Regards Tony

MyM

Jesus is mentioned by name 25 times in the Qur'an, not 187. Moses, the figure mentioned the most times by name in the Qur'an, is mentioned 136 times, still a long way off 187.

am not just talking the "name Jesus" am talking, as a messenger, as the son of mary, prophet, etc. :) 25 is mentioned by name. Was only comparing how many times moreover than Jesus was mentioned than Mohammad pbuponthem) :) I didn't compare others.

InvestigateTruth

It is interesting to find many things if one knows how to read and understand the Hebrew Text. Also, in the Greek text as well for many parts of the Bible are from translated Hebrew and Greek Texts.

Many are asked about if Mohammad pbuh is mentioned in the Bible and many say no. Here is a video explaining what I mean.

The name of Mohammad is translated to "Altogether lovely" in the Bible.

(Part 1)
(Part 2)
Hmm, maybe yes, maybe no.

But why there is no clear verse in Bible that says, there will come a Messenger to Arabs, whose name is Muhammad and His Book is Quran?
I suppose Allah could have said it more clearly so, people couldn't disagree.

rosends

I am not claiming anything. I am questioning someone else's claim.

A claim needs evidence. I think you can easily understand that logic.
Yes but you allow for the possibility (in terms of what must be proven) that the name/person is "mentioned" in even a "roundabout" way. If one accepts homiletics or exegesis, or fanciful etymologies, inferences or the like, one could say that anything can be found in the text. The claim was that someone was never mentioned but that can only be evaluated if there are parameters to determine what counts and what doesn't.

MyM

But why there is no clear verse in Bible that says, there will come a Messenger to Arabs, whose name is Muhammad and His Book is Quran?

Because it will never be if it is in the hands for those who write their books with their own hands will it. Common sense shows that if they don't want something known, it will not be known.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Yes but you allow for the possibility

Yet again, it is the responsibility of the claimant to provide evidence.

Your questions is similar to the atheist claim.

I claim "there is no God", so your burden is to prove otherwise.

Thats why you should not get involved in another persons conversation just because you got affected in some way.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Have you studied all the religious texts extensively? Are you 100% sure of your positive claim?

Can you prove that Muhammed is not even mentioned in some roundabout way in any so called "Abrahamic texts"? None??

Can you prove your thesis?

A roundabout way?,why would the seal of the prophets be mentioned in a roundabout way,proving he is isn't my burden.

firedragon

Veteran Member

Yeah, but no Muslim believes the Bible is Gods word. Only the Bahai's do and then twist it like rubber and mushy glue to suit your own blatant needs. So try not to impose your personal beliefs on others.

Try and understand.

InvestigateTruth

Because it will never be if it is in the hands for those who write their books with their own hands will it. Common sense shows that if they don't want something known, it will not be known.
But Allah could have planned it, so, His Book could have been protected.
So, why Allah left it to their hands? Why He didn't protect it, so, today they can all see the truth of Muhammad?

firedragon

Veteran Member
A roundabout way?,why would the seal of the prophets be mentioned in a roundabout way,proving he is isn't my burden.

I never said it is mentioned in the Bible. I am asking you a question to prove your own case. It was your claim that Muhammed never mentioned in any of the so called "Abrahamic texts".

Did you just make a claim without any analysis at all or did you make a claim like the typical "burden of proof fallacy"?

firedragon

Veteran Member
But Allah could have planned it, so, His Book could have been protected.
So, why Allah left it to their hands? Why He didn't protect it, so, today they can all see the truth of Muhammad?

Which book is "Allah supposed to protect"? ;)

Who said that there was any "BOOK"?

Do you really believe that the word Kuthub is a book? You are a pseudo arabic expert who tries to teach everyone in the world some basic arabic right? So could you explain in your superior arabic this fact?

Nah. You will never address that directly. So lets expect some strawman.

Can you tell me what is the book that was called Suhufi Ibrahima wa moosa? Please do explain. Everyone in the world will be waiting on their toes.

InvestigateTruth

Yeah, but no Muslim believes the Bible is Gods word. Only the Bahai's do and then twist it like rubber and mushy glue to suit your own blatant needs. So try not to impose your personal beliefs on others.

Try and understand.
Then please explain to me this claim of the Quran:

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him - it is those who will be the successful."
7:157

You are always good at textual criticism. So, please tell me, what does it mean "whom they can find"
It doesn't mean what it says?