• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Modest Dress Styles and Fashion

Sahar

LOL, if you ladies liked them, then it might be very profitable to start a clothes shop project there and sell these styles. :p

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
LOL, if you ladies liked them, then it might be very profitable to start a clothes shop project there and sell these styles. :p

Ah unfortunately here in the states it might not be that profitable...which is why my friend does most of her business in Oman. ;)

.lava

Veteran Member
Lava according to my knowledge, the Turkish people like to wear very elegant and chic clothes.

yes, there are very beautiful clothes. if you need a dress for a special night for example, you'd have amazing options. or if you're business woman, again you'd have many options. for me, i prefer simple daily out fits and they don't make stuff like that very much and they use so many colours, jewels, stones...etc. i don't like to wear that kind of 'shinny' clothes and i don't like colurful clothes. so basically, i think they are all nice and beautiful but when it comes to buy for myself, i need to search and look for my own style.

PS: mostly elegant, yes. young people don't wear like that though. do you know Tekbir shop?

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Well I certainly now have a resource here for whenever I make it out to your part of the world...and know I'll be able to go out there in style and look goooooood. ;) :yes:

.lava

Veteran Member
btw not4me, i should mention i first misunderstood your question. i thought you were saying why i would need you to start that clothing business since Turkish make nice clothes.. sorry about that. i haven't deleted my post anyway. prices in Tekbir for example is little high for majority of population here. if you go into little shops, they are much cheaper but things they sell are so similar to each other. also, they've begun to bring Indian clothes to Turkey in last 10 years i suppose. they are very colourful. younger girls like that stuff. i do too but i personally would prefer very simple clothes for myself as i said earlier. elegant clothes are in Tekbir mostly. some of the dresses they make, i could not possibly wear in my daily life. they are very very beautiful though. women usually buy that kind of amazing looking dresses for weddings and such

Starsoul

Truth
My favorite style:
IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

%D8%AD%D8%AC%D8%A7%D8%A837.jpg

These 'Aybyas are gorgeous.

Love these! I really like the long abayas too! :), but these must be really expensive...:thud:

Sahar

do you know Tekbir shop?

Yes, I do. I remember shopping at it more than once, I think it was a little expensive.

Mystic said:
Well I certainly now have a resource here for whenever I make it out to your part of the world...and know I'll be able to go out there in style and look goooooood.
:) In addition to the more modern clothes, there are the traditional ones which are usually very colorful.
Traditional clothes in countries like Malaysia and Indonesia:
malayfamily.jpg

Raya+2006.jpg

3682170154_f149723a6c.jpg

1067184_kebayasetmuslim.gif

From Pakistan:
20513-32.jpg

From Sudan:
tobsudany1rq6.jpg

e2a2abc31acfb3355459ef4e551e259d.jpg

fatima_bintu_islam

Go Morroco :D , Just want to mention that we never ever ( in my family at least) go outside with stuffs like that to weddings without a black Abaya on it, when we reach the wedding place ( females only) we take off our Abayas. Those stuffs are too shiny lol .

Btw, those clothes are called Tekchitas, do morroco qaftan or tak****a on google and enjoy :)
You can copy them here , but try to find pictures of tak****as without models in it just like the ones you posted earlier :) that was better than the first ones

Sahar

Tak****a, wow first time to know the name. They are very beautiful, they look like a dress of princess as Sajdah said, indeed.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
:) In addition to the more modern clothes, there are the traditional ones which are usually very colorful.
What are your views on people who live in dense equatorial jungles, whose traditional clothing is no clothing at all?
If some were to become Muslim, but found that their subsistence lifestyle was impossible when modestly dressed,
how would you suggest they address the problem?

fatima_bintu_islam

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]Allah says in Quran:
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]286. Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope.

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1] If you dont have money to buy clothes, then Allah does not burden a person beyond his scope. Simple
[/SIZE][/FONT]